the Rift

[PRIVATE] Answer The Call[TROUPE]

Kvothe Posts: 62
Outcast
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 hh :: 6 || Frostfall
Elodin :: Dik-Dik :: None Tribs
Image Credit

Kvothe & Elodin

I think of myself... as a troubadour, a village storyteller, the guy in the shadows of the campfire.
- Louis L'Amour

We stride forward, Elodin and I, and we stride with a purpose. Bells tinkle from their merry place among my antler, along with a new charm; a branch currently holding a flower of a vivid blue that should not exist...yet it does. Together Elodin and I walk along the cliff face by the sea, the salt heavy in the air and the sound of the surf crashing against the stone cliffs loud, yet not impossibly so.

A single precipice is the one we seek, and we move towards it, springs in our steps before we ascend the slope, halting at the crest 'ere it falls away to the sea. Here, here was where it would all begin. Where I would build a troupe with the aid of my dear friends... Tension knots in my chest, growing with every heartbeat until I let it explode, tearing me apart flesh and bone.

The shift is agony, far greater than you would even dream of. Elodin mimics my cry, my pain is his pain, and together we ride the waves of agony until I can stand within my second form, my white fur gleaming bright against the overcast backdrop we chose. "T'is time, my Elodin. Go." He nods and bounds off, racing through the underbrush in search of those we seek.

I wait, then once he is far enough away I throw my head back and let out a call, the eerie sound akin to that of a bull elk ringing across the way, hanging in the air long after my breath runs out.

It was time for my Troupe to come.

It was time to answer the call.

(ooc: This is a mandatory troupe meeting for members, along with anyone wishing to join the troupe! Posting order is a lie, and only outcasts may join the Ruh Troupe. Consider this a sort of activity/interest thread. WE'RE GETTING OUR BUTTS IN GEAR PEOPLE :D Feel free to hear Kvothe's call or have Elodin bring you!)

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine
AISLING
Pride of Summer’s shores Guide the voices of kings
Children of bark They will tighten their strings
Spending the majority of her time between the grove and the shore, Aisling was not far from her Troubadour when she heard his call. The little faerie mare had been grazing absentmindedly, humming to herself in a bight batch of woods just past the beach and wondering where her darling boys could have got to for so long. The stag’s bellow brought a wide smile to her face, she would recognize Kvothe’s call anywhere.

Her sturdy grey hooves picked up a dancing step and moved toward the wide shore. She had so much to tell her friends! Since she had seen them last, she had traveled wide across Helovia and best of all had met the God of the Sun himself! She still got chills thinking of that encounter, for the bright being had been equal parts beautiful and dangerous and altogether magnificent. The quest he had granted, too was just as exhilarating to the little mare, and perhaps her friends would be a good source of study for her task. She was determined to make a wonderful song for the God, and she was eager to start.

She found Kvothe upon the outcropping of rock above the water, and sighed to see his beautiful white form. The gallant prince surveyed his wild kingdom, gentle and beautiful as he. “Kvothe!” she called when he came into sight, her merry voice ringing through the air. She came to a stop beside the taller stallion and reached up with her delicate nose in a friendly greeting. “Dia duit, mo ghile mear! Tá súil agam nach bhfuil tú tinn ón uair dheireanach a chonaic mé tú.” Since no one else had arrived yeat, shje took the opportunity to use her old tongue, enjoying the familiarity of the words. “Cá bhfuil Elodin? Shíl mé go mbeadh sé a bheith in éineacht leat.”

"talk talk talk"
Translations:
Dia duit, mo Ghile Mear! Tá súil agam nach bhfuil tú tinn ón uair dheireanach a chonaic mé tú. - Hello, my Gallant Darling! I hope you have been well since laste we met.
Cá bhfuil Elodin? Shíl mé go mbeadh sé a bheith in éineacht leat. - Where is Elodin? I though he would be with you.

Credits:
Table by Tribs - Whit's tables were an inspiration
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::