the Rift

[OPEN] Heroes and stop-signs
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

[For @[Hertz] .]

Gaucho quenched his thirst at the Oasis. Things were finally starting to get back on track. The dun was no longer possessed by the Moon Goddess, the Throat had completed their tasks and demolished the land-bridge, keys had been made, and Sohalia had returned home. His relationship with the Basin was stronger than ever, which, had he contemplated that thought a year ago, he would have thought impossible. The Sun God had even seen fit to raise him to ascended status.

The only shadow in his mind was Ampere, his dark cloud. Every now and then lightning struck the base of his neck, usually when she passed by during a patrol, or the two met eyes during a meeting. In those moments he was filled with the intense freeze of her electric gaze, and the world would stop. But it would always begin again, and things would remain the same. He had promised that they would remain the same.

Gaucho snorted, splashing the water with his dark nose before raising his gaze to the skies. The Sultan let his flaming wings droop from his flanks. Under the Tallsun heat it was foolish to expend energy when it wasn't necessary, or to hold in heat. His blackened feathers graced the sands, revealing sweaty flanks. Although Gaucho had lived in the desert all his life - first in his homeland and now in the Throat - this year was especially brutal. Without the Moon Goddess to cool off the nights, the temperatures had risen to levels he had almost never experienced before. It was why he was standing by the Oasis now.

Grunting, he stepped into the water, up to his belly. It was odd to see the fire on his wings burn even when underwater. Mara had slithered onto the sands, and was happy inching herself into the water. Vorsa, whose body would explode into flame a handful of times a day, was content building sandcastles. The little phoenix didn't mind the heat at all.

GAUCHO
the wildfire

Art by: schwartze @ DA
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Hertz Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
Semper

The most current events of Helovia were not even a blip on my innocent mind, for now the most important things in my life were how far I could run and when I would finally learn how to use the feathered appendages that sprouted from my shoulder blades and seemed to grow a little bit each day. Da seemed to busy with whatever it was that he was doing for the herd and Ma, well, Ma didn't have wings instead she had these weird bones sprouting from her head that neither Aakesh nor I had. Navy rimmed ears flicked about aimlessly on top of my lightening struck features while dark dipped limbs carried my small frame easily across the hot sands.
Today my adventures would lead me to the Oasis, a quick swim would surely cool me off from the rising temperatures then I could continue on with my daily dose of trouble making. If I didn't get into something daily, did I live at all? A smirk crept across my features as I drew nearer to the cool, pool of water in which the herd seemed to linger around on days as hot as today. But for some reason it was nearly empty, a few strange faces hung towards the most southern end of the crystalline pool leaving just myself and a dun with flaming feathers (and his two companions) on the northern end. A snort blasted through dark paper thins as baby blues widened when the winged form came into full focus, the marks upon his chest and the pale snake slithering through the scorching sands. This was the Wildfire a stallion that for a little while I had thought was merely a myth.
A wonderful fighter and the great Sultan of our homelands. If I had paid more attention at the herd meeting I probably would have gotten a glance at the tall, strong dun before today. But I hadn't a headache and exhaustion had taken over my attention that day and temper tantrums had been too close to the surface to socialize with anyone other than Ma. Even she was questionable. Flicking my slowly growing tail against my hips that were a slightly brighter shade of blue than my navy limbs, I decided to make my way closer to the god-like stallion while I tried to remind myself to breathe. I slunk closer to the sandy banks of the Oasis where the Wildfire now stood, half submerged in the cool liquid, his wings still burning as hot as the sun beating down on our bodies. "How are your wings on fire?" My childish voice slipped out, ruining the near silence of our setting, as baby blues tore themselves away from the Sultan to look at the two creatures that I assumed were bonded to the dun himself. Ma had told me it was rude to stare, and if I had continued looking at Gaucho surely he would believe me to be rude and not worth his attention.

"Speech."
Tag | @[Gaucho]
Words | 508
Notes | e.e sorry this took me so long

hertz
love strikes like cold steel, love kills
Image Credits
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho had heard the child on the sands behind him, but before he spoke, the dun payed him no mind. Many would come and go - especially in this heat the Oasis was a place that was rarely vacant. Seasons past, Rasta had told him that he ought to socialize with his herd more. He had tried to take her upon that, but on days such as this, when the sun was at its highest and the heat nearly unbearable, the idea of idle chatter was distant and unimportant. He would speak with those should they need him. But if not? Well, he would let them go about their days in peace.

As Hertz strolled closer, Vorsa trilled a hello. The Phoenix was far more sociable than either Gaucho or Mara were. Her brilliantly red wings patted some sand together, as she made a sandcastle (which looked far more like a mountain of sand, than a castle). She didn't seem to notice.

As Hertz spoke, Gaucho turned his antlered crown to regard the boy. He had seen the child around - but only vaguely. Now that he was closer, the dun inspected him more closely. He had a good build, hardy looking but with some size. Gaucho had looked like that when he was younger, although he had less heft to him. The dun's stoic blue stare traced the markings on the colt's neck - so similar to Ampere's and yet ... looked...like.....fire. Skeptically, Gaucho narrowed has gaze, considering how similar in build this colt was to Zero, the child who was very probably his own, as well as the sheen of his coat. No one else in the herd would throw a colt in this shade of blue other than Ampere ... While the sire's coat colour might not have been dominant, no one else possessed a fiery appearance quite like Gaucho did. Both Ivezho and Rhoa burned with their own branding of flames. Where did this colt get his?

"Long time ago Sun God give Gaucho flames that would always burn." He answered, his voice resonant and deep. "Sun God also give Gaucho other kinds of magic - he give Gaucho markings on antlers, and Mara and Vorsa too. Sun God good." It was important to the dun to instill a fealty to their God upon the minds of the very young. Over the years, Gaucho had learned that the best way to entice the youth of his lands, was with the promise of reward for service and dedication. Gaucho had received all that he had because he had served the Sun God. Such rewards were available to all, should they dedicate themselves to the fiery being.

"What your name?"

GAUCHO
the wildfire

Hertz Posts: 42
Absent Abyss
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3 :: 2 Years :: Birdsong
Semper
<style type="text/css">::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 5px; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-track { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { border-radius: 5px;background: #f1d485;}</style>

I wasn't sure if the Wildfire was going to pay me any attention as I strode closer, the only greeting received was by the flame bird playing in the sand. A soft trill filling the air along with the humming of the insects reached out gently towards my eardrums as a soft smile flashed across navy features that bobbed in greeting to the friendly bird. Maybe if the companion was kind so would the bonded be? Or was it the opposite and a kind companion would be bonded to the exact opposite because opposites attracted? A strange feeling welled up in my barrel as my dark striped limbs stopped their forward motion and baby blues took in the massive stallion in the water before me. Was this that butterfly feeling that girls talked about? Whatever it was, I didn't like it. I almost felt as if I was going to hurl all over the hot sand between the god-like stallion and myself...if my species could throw up that was.
Swallowing hard, I spoke up and asked Gaucho about the fire that sprouted from his massive wings. Wings that had seen hundreds and hundreds of miles of travel, while mine had not yet been used to achieve lift off because the downy feathers were only just starting to change over into flight feathers, leaving me with a funny appearance of being a million different colors as the paler feathers fell off to reveal the darker ones growing beneath them. Short navy hairs stood up all over my body as the dun's eyes moved across my body, taking in every little detail with the skill only the best of the best would have. Surely he noticed everything by just looking over me, could he see the electric magic that raged through my veins simply waiting for a storm to roll over the ocean? Could he see something that I couldn't see? Or was I merely overreacting in awe of being in the presence of an ascended Helovian, who just also happened to be our Sultan.
"Long time ago Sun God give Gaucho flames that would always burn. Sun God also give Gaucho other kinds of magic - he give Gaucho markings on antlers, and Mara and Vorsa too. Sun God good." Navy harks moved to the front and remained there the whole time the dun was speaking in fear of missing anything important the stallion might say. It seemed everything good the stallion had was given to him for his faith in the Sun God, the god who watched over the Throat with a gaze more protective than any father's. I made a quick mental note to make sure I remembered to say my prayers each night and do all I could to serve the Sun God righteously so I could one day be as great and wonderful as the strong stallion before me. Shifting my weight from one side to the other carefully I pulled my baby blues away from the dun momentarily to look at the small flame bird and the ghostly snake a soft smile tugging at the corners of my navy kissers before attention turned back to the Wildfire. "The Sun God is good." My bolted skull bobbed up and down in agreement as the stallion's deep voice filled the oasis once again.
"What your name?" For a moment, I couldn't remember my name. My skull shook and growing wings tucked in closer to my sides before vocal chords finally decided to remember how to work. "I am Hertz, son of Bucephalus and Alija." Da was someone important in the herd, that I knew because he was always too busy off working to play with Aakesh and me and whenever he was not working he was doing other things like crafting and general things. All of which seemed much more important than spending time with my twin and I.

"Speech."
Tag;; @[Gaucho]
Words;; 653
Notes;; Sorry I took so long!! Didn't realize you had replied -hides-

Hertz
thunderstruck
- credits :: credits -
Please tag me in all posts!
Ascended Helovian

As the boy recited his fealty to the Sun God, Gaucho smiled. The dun never thought of his preaching of their fiery deity as indoctrination ... no, far from it. He of course wanted each member of his herd to come to the truth in their own way, and their own time, it just seemed to him with such an obvious truth - as with the reverence they ought to feel towards the Sun God - that they would all simply know it immediately. Gaucho bobbed his head in agreement.

Bucephalus and Alija.

The pride that had spread across Gaucho's face quickly fell away. Alija certainly had an odd enough colour-scheme that she might throw a colt with markings as fanciful as the one before him ... and Bucephalus certainly had been around a time or two but... "Hertz born in Birdsong?" He inquired, eyeing the boy and estimating his age. He doubted that he was off - the boy had Birdsong written all over him. Born in the healthiest of seasons, with two now under his belt. Given that his flight feathers weren't all the way in yet, Gaucho very much doubted that he could have been born in Frostfall.

But if that was the case ... Alija could not be his mother. He recalled stumbling upon Alija and a growing crowd - of Sikeax and Bucephalus - when the brightly coloured healer gave birth to Aakesh. Her first child, at least to his knowledge. Bucephalus turned out to have sired that foal as well. But given the timeline, and if he was correct about Hertz's age, there could be no question: the foal couldn't have come from Alija.

GAUCHO
the wildfire

@[Hertz]