[PRIVATE] Sandcastles
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
With fire to keep us warm, and tools we made from rocks and bones

Vorsa was building sand castles.

She had watched Gaucho relentlessly collect materials, putting them into a big pile. For what? She had no idea. Gaucho's mind was still a jungle of thoughts to her. It was easier for the phoenix chick to speak with Mara, than it was with Gaucho, as absurd as that was. The serpent was much more patient than the dun, although somehow the chick knew that he didn't do it on purpose. Teaching was just ... not his strong suit.

So, as he piled up sticks, and rocks, and some shiny gems, the red bird played. Using her wings she scooped sand into cone-shaped structures, and decorated them with small pebbles of her own. She danced and hooted happily as the sand grew taller, and would squeak and squawk unhappily when too much fell. Still, she seemed to be enjoying herself.

Gaucho was enjoying it as well, honestly. The dun had spent so much of his life destroying, that helping to create something was not an entirely unpleasant experience. He liked the new muscle groups that pulling boulders was working, and lathering up in sweat always made him feel as though he had accomplished something.

With a sigh, the dun halted and looked down as his feathered companion. From his neck Mara slipped to his leg and finally onto the sands. She slithered over to the chick, using her gunsteel body to help push sand around what was quickly becoming a castle. Vorsa hooted with delight, and burst into flame. With a hiss Mara fled backwards. Although she knew the companion did not mean to random ignite herself, it still caught her off guard. Warily Mara slithered back, although this time she used her tail so that her head could stay a reasonable (and safe) distance away.

@[Bucephalus]

Image Credits
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

Another swiftly swooped down to join the sandcastle building, chittering rapidly in excitement. Azeeza had grown rapidly, blue-black feathers coating more and more of her body, golden-orange feathers already sprouting down her breast. She landed beside Mara and Vorsa, delighted to see the Phoenix once again.

Her bonded, however, was far slower to approach, and rather than coming from the air as he usually did, Bucephalus strode across the sand, looking unbothered by the heat of the Tallsun day save for the sweat that coated his ebony hide and the way he held his wings out from his body to let cool air pass under them. "G'day Gaucho." He called out as he approached, gaze going curiously to the odd pile the dun had gathered. Gems, sticks and stones? How queer... although he had suspicions as to what the dun was doing.

The Throat was, after all, filled with gossips.

"Want some help?" He offered, looking back to the Sultan, amused. He did not ask if Gaucho needed it, no. He highly doubted the dun could ever need the aid of another when it came to physical matters, unless the odds were too overwhelming even for him. "Also, congratulations are in order." He grinned crookedly, head turning when Azeeza shrieked in fury, the little sand castle she had been building collapsing in the wake of a rare breeze.

Already she was becoming quite the firey-tempered bird, evident in the way she hissed and clawed the sand, as if punishing it. With gentle words and softness Buce soothed his beloved's temper, smiling faintly when her ruffled feathers smoothed flat and she returned to rebuilding.

Bucephalus
Art done by me
Table by Tamme<3

Feel free to tag Buce in all posts; permission is given for force against him provided it doesn't kill or permanently maim him(ask about the latter)

Pixel by Aud
Ascended Helovian

Vorsa cackled and slapped the ground, completely delighted to see her feathered friend. She hooted happily and slid her body over to make room for the darker bird. Obviously she would want to play as well. She trilled instructions, gently patting the castle, and also pointing out a few gems as she chattered away completely incoherently. The small bird picked up a small stick with her foot, and marched it up the side of the castle as if it was now a mountain, and her stick was some noble hero completing a quest. She made little sounds to herself as if narrating the story. However as her stick got to the top, her body burst into flame and with it, her stick-hero. Screeching the tiny bird slapped the now-mountain, obliterating it with her claws as she had seen Azeeza do the the ground. After her anger was placated, the phoenix scooped up the sand and began to rebuild once again, as if nothing had happened.

Gaucho's dark gaze swept to where Bucephalus was striding across the sands. For one with such a dark coat he certainly seemed to be doing well in the sands. Though if Gaucho had learned one thing about his quick-tongued Chancellor, it was that he could adapt to just about any situation. Grunting, the dun nodded in response to his greeting. He actually could use some help. Or rather, Cera could. There was only so much that he could do to aid his crafter. The type of rank magic that the paint possessed was simply not available to him. Dragging stones and logs was the only aid he could provide. "Yes. Gaucho need help actually." He responded, pivoting his larger frame towards Buce.

Gaucho's dark ears flickered uncertainly as he was told that congratulations were in order. Congratulations? For what ? Nostrils flaring, he tilted his antlered crown to the side. "For what?"

Image Credits

Azee hopped towards her friend, quickly running her beak through Vorsa's feathers while the Phoenix chick wasn't on fire before she turned to help her friend rebuild the sandcastle. Bucephalus watched the pair in amusement, then turned across his back, rummaging through his satchel before tossing a couple pretty pebbles in the direction of the girls. Azee trilled and scuttled over, quickly picking one up in her mouth and hopping over to place it on the sand castle.

Gaucho spoke, and Buce returned his attention to the dun, dipping his head in acknowledgement and began moving towards the pile of rock, wood and gems, although paused mid-stride to look at Gaucho, surprised, then amused, and he let out a laugh. "Have you forgotten your own Ascension? I was not present... I had family matters to attend to, and I apologize for that." Such as tracking down his wayward son. Breccan had been absent for some time... it worried the black to no end, and made many a night rather restless for the Morningstar.

"So, what is it you're doing, and what can I help with?" He studied the pile, head tilted to the side before he compulsively nudged the scattered gems around, organizing them by shade, ears cocked back towards the Sultan. Azeeza turns to see him messing with the gems, and quickly hops over, neck stretching out to snatch up one of the precious baubles. A quick snort and gentle nudge away made her click her beak in irritation, and she fluffed up as if ready to go into another fit, but quickly deflated and looked around, settling instead for grabbing a stick to bring back to Vorsa.

((OOC: oh look Buce has developed gem OCD o-o))

Bucephalus
Art done by me
Table by Tamme<3

Feel free to tag Buce in all posts; permission is given for force against him provided it doesn't kill or permanently maim him(ask about the latter)

Pixel by Aud
Ascended Helovian

Vorsa hurried after her friend. Her eyes sparkled as she saw the shiny things dropped into the sands. In Gaucho's mind - and so in hers as well - Mara hissed, reminding the small chick to be polite. Hooting, she looked up at Bucephalus and trilled her appreciation as she rubbed her small face against one of the gems. Rushing back to Azeeza, she began quickly chattering as she too dropped the gems onto their creation.

As Buce mentioned his ascension, the dun nodded with sudden comprehension. Gaucho had never been vain or arrogant, at least not off of the battlefield. His accomplishments meant something to him, but he had always doubted whether they extended to others. Mara told him that ascension was different, that it did matter, that everyone would know. Still, Gaucho hadn't really believed her. Yet Bucephalus was not the first to congratulate him on his new rank.

"Ah that. Yes. Gaucho honored. Will have many babies to honour the Sun God." For a moment his thoughts flickered to Ampere, before he forced himself to focus on the black, and the task at hand.

"This month crafters blessed. The metals in the Throat are plentiful. There is much to be built but ... Throat only have one crafter. Amani and Sacre are too busy. Only Cera is left -" Images of the boy standing by the sea asking Gaucho to kill him invaded his thoughts. Exhaling, Gaucho shook his head. He knew the boy would run himself into the ground if Gaucho asked. But .. the Sultan would not do that. Cera's life was far too precious to him. "-but Cera can't do it alone." Shrugging, he nodded to the pile of ... stuff he had assembled. "Gaucho not have crafting magic. So this all Gaucho can do to help."

Image Credits

The black smiled at the small phoenix, glad both she and Azeeza were happy with the pretty pebbles. They were not gemstones, but they were shiny and oddly shaped(one of the reasons Bucephalus picked them up in the first place). Azeeza was developing his fondness for such trinkets as well, and was often the first to spy a shiny pebble or a unique rock. The Morningstar even had to be sneaky when emptying his bag of the stones, lest he catch her attention and earn her ire and sorrow.

"Haha, the Throat needs more mini-Gauchos running wild." Especially since the dun did not choose immortality. While the black could understand it, and respect the gesture to spread his blessed genes through his offspring, it did little to settle his thoughts pertaining to the future. What would happen should the Throat loose Gaucho? Right now Bucephalus couldn't think of anyone fit to replace him. The Falls would forever have their Czar, yet the Sultan of the Sands chose mortality.

Bucephalus raised his head, listening to Gaucho as he spoke with perked ears, gold eyes interested. "Perhaps I can help... and not with this." He glanced at the pile the Wildfire had gathered, gaze thoughtful. He enjoyed his time as Chancellor, but... there were many others who could fill the rank as well as he. At the time of his appointment he had been needed, the position demanding to be filled and the black had taken the mantle with determination and delight.

Now...

Well, secretly the black enjoyed being placed in positions that needed help, that needed him. "Perhaps I can aid Cera, as a crafter." He looked to the dun then, gaze curious. Would the Wildfire judge him for this? For the desire to merely be where help was most needed? For once he didn't speak again, not feeling the need to ramble on in a futile attempt to alter the dun's opinion before he could speak.

Nah, now wasn't the time for his words to fall from his lips like rain.

Bucephalus
Art done by me
Table by Tamme<3

Pixel by Aud
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho was ... surprised. He had always thought of Bucephalus as vain, and perhaps even a little selfish. To give up his title as Chancellor and slip back down into the ranks as it were, came as a bit of a shock. Then again, when the black had first arrived with Ampere (a small shiver ran down his spine at just the thought of her name), he had been appointed a crafter. Apparently he had some experience, and the God of the Sun saw fit to grant him magic as well as the glow set of bags that he still carried around. It was true that when Gaucho needed him the black rose to the occasion, and had served well. Perhaps he was merely ready to relinquish the responsibility? The herd had been .. whispering about Bucephalus. A few had brought their worries to Gaucho's attention, while others merely conveyed the information through diverted stares and misplaced glares. Was it too much? Or, was Bucephalus genuinely trying to fill a need, as he had before?

Whatever his motivations, Gaucho was glad to have them.

"Buce crafter before ... " The dun acknowledged, bobbing his antlered crown. "..already has experience. Gaucho can give you magic again. Throat be able to make lots of projects with Buce's help."

As tempting as it was to simply thrust the magic upon Buce so that he couldn't back out now, that wouldn't be fair. If his Chancellor wanted to give up his title in exchange for creation magic and a different kind of service to the Throat, it needed to be his decision.

"You sure?" The Wildfire inquired. His stoic gaze lingered on Bucephalus, trying to seek out a hint of doubt in his Chancellors eyes, though hoping to find none.

Image Credits

He saw no damnation in the eyes of Gaucho, only surprise. It... soothed the black. Settled him, made him release a breath he wasn't quite aware he was holding back. He waited a bit after the dun finished speaking before he replied, gaze going thoughtful, eyes flickering out towards the sands, the oasis. "I am not deaf, Gaucho. I have heard the whispers and felt the stares. I took them in stride because you needed a Chancellor, and sought fit to raise me to that rank, and now that others are here, able to fill the position as well as I... well, I'd much rather be somewhere where I can be best used, where I can throw my weight and will into what I am doing for the herd."

He looked to Gaucho, gaze holding not a scrap of hesitation. "I am sure. It has been an honor serving as your Chancellor, but if you, if the herd, needs me elsewhere... well a rank is just a title, insubstantial." He shrugged, looking back to the pile of things Gaucho had gathered. "I don't deny that I can be...secretive. Dishonest, hard to trust. But I try, help as best I can and where I can." He frowned lightly, almost forgetting Gaucho.

All those that doubted him, that disliked him without reason(Morrigan, however, did have quite the reason to dislike him)... they irritated the black, made him want to bear his teeth and champ in anger. He never did so(well except once...or twice), and always kept a polite air with them.

"I am sure, Gaucho. And admittedly... I would welcome the change." He looked to the Dun, offering a faint smile. "I have always liked creating things more than dealing with other folk, honestly. I find that metal doesn't talk back." A full grin then, and he tilted his head, waiting to see what the Sultan would do, what his expression would be, what his words would hold.

Bucephalus
Art done by me
Table by Tamme<3

Pixel by Aud
Ascended Helovian

The dun knew what it was like. The herd had doubted him many times over the years. He still remembered the day he had been promoted - the first time that was - and how so many of them had called for his head. Gaucho now knew what Midas must have felt like, making a decision that so many doubted. It was almost as if the whispers about Buce applied equally to Gaucho. As if they were questioning his judgement. However very few had expressed their concerns to his face. Most chose to simply glare into the sands.

Perhaps this would satisfy them. Perhaps Buce could win them over this way. Gaucho certainly hoped so. It was about time his herd glimpsed the potential that the dun knew the black had in him.

Gaucho chuckled and nodded. "It true. Metal not talk back." Raising his flaming wings, Gaucho closed his eyes. He extended those burning feathers towards Bucephalus. "Gaucho grant Bucephalus power to craft once more. Sun God, give power of metal, power over creation to Buce." The flames on his winged surged for a moment, but as always, gave off no heat. In the sands, Vorsa looked over wondering just what was going on. She hooted for a moment, as if blindly encouraging Gaucho, before turning back to her sand castle.

"We tell herd later." Gaucho concluded, pulling his wings back from the black. "For now, Buce will be busy. Cera will have lots of tasks. Gaucho have lots of ideas about what to build ... Throat needs pillars, arena, armor ..."

Image Credits

The relief that Gaucho did not think less(or if he did, the dun hid it well) of the Morningstar was clear on his face, and he dipped his head low to his Sultan as those flaming feathers arched closer. He straightened when the wings of the Wildfire moved away, a smile lightening his features. "There is always work to be done, no? I like to be kept busy."

Towers to be build, pillars, wall and armors... oh hell Bucephalus died and went to heaven. As it was, he tilted his head, studying Gaucho, then moved closer, steps light before he moved around Gaucho, a noise in his throat. Then he stopped in front of the Wildfire, gold eyes light with excitement. "First things first, perhaps we should finally get our Sultan outfitted with armor, no?" He grinned, gaze flickering over Gaucho again, a thoughtful hum in his throat.

"Did you have something in mind? Or may I get creative with it?" He could create... he could build again, make things of beautiful devastation...

And he didn't have to give a single damn what anyone thought anymore.

Of course he wished those that doubted him could see that he merely wished to help his herd, to throw his heart and soul into whatever job he would be placed in, whether it be as a leader, overseer or a mere crafter. Of course he doubted they would see this, perhaps some of them would see Bucephalus's resignation as a victory, a confirmation that they were right in believing he was ill-suited for the position.

The black could honestly not care at all. Gaucho seemed to understand him on this, and that was what mattered to the Morningstar.

Bucephalus
Art done by me
Table by Tamme<3

Pixel by Aud
Ascended Helovian

Bucephalus always seemed to have some inner monologue going - some witty banter that only he could hear. At least that was how Gaucho described it to himself. After all, the black always seemed to have a smile - some bit of laughter hidden behind every word. Gaucho wasn't entirely sure how to understand it, and so he often ignored it, merely grunting and shrugging in response.

"Gaucho have antlers, collar, and shoes." He grunted. Although he could use another defensive item. Perhaps metal wraps around his legs? Or better yet, protective bands around his wing joints so that his opponents could not damage those precious tendons? "Maybe something for wings. Light and small, to prevent against bites? But that not important-" Swaying his tail, Gaucho looked to the North were the Basin lay. Although he couldn't see it of course, he envisioned Ophelia and her kin, hidden in their mountainous walls. "Buce make armor for Ophelia and Basin first ... then armor for Edge." Both the Edge and the Basin had done much for him over the past season. Perhaps this gift from the Sun God could aid him in repaying their kindness.

"Buce make that first. Gaucho strong - we make our allies strong too."

Gaucho took a step back. Although he had his doubts about Bucephalus at times, now was not one of them. He knew that his former-Chancellor had a creative and ingenuous mind. The Wildfire was sure that the black would have no shortage of ideas when it came to all of the wondrous things that he could build.

"Buce do good." Given Gaucho's tone, it was hard to tell if this was a commandment (Bucephalus should do good work on these items), or praise (Bucephalus has been doing good work). Perhaps it was both. Leaving no time to clarify, Gaucho nodded. As Bucephalus had said, he liked being busy, and as the Sultan, Gaucho was always busy. If Buce was going to take care of the armor, then Gaucho would need to seek out Cera to begin work on the pillars and other projects.

Spreading his flaming wings, the dun rose into the sky. In the sands, Vorsa shrieked, torn between spending time with her new friend, and remaining with Gaucho. Sadly, she trilled a swift goodbye and followed Gaucho into the sky.

Image Credits

Bucephalus watched and listened to Gaucho, ears pricked, head tilted slightly to the side. At Gaucho's ideas he couldn't help but grin. Protecting the wing joints was very important indeed. His gaze drifted to the pile of ore, mind churning as he drafted designs, then tossed them aside.

It was in the middle of this rumination that he barely heard Gaucho's order to craft items for the Basin and Edge. Startled he blinked and looked at Gaucho just as he delivered by far the most cryptic words the black ever heard from the dun.

"I aim to please." He called after the Wildfire, before turning to examine the pile of seeming debris. Armor for the allies... how interestingly amusing that the Falls was not on the list. Watching all these events unfold would be, at the very least, entertaining. Yet the Morningstar could not help but wonder what the Falls would think of all this.

No matter, he had a job to do. He drew upon the crafting magic that now resided within his chest, Azeeza watching with avid interest as her bondmate began shaping the metal.

He held the designs for armors within his mind, forcing, willing the metal to obey him and form itself into the shapes. Soon enough two sets of armor lay in the sand before him, rough and ragged. Now came the fun part. The black opened his eyes and began refining the rough armors, smoothing sharp edges, thinning the metal so it wasn't heavy and cumbersome.

Now they laid, finished, just in need of some polishing(which he'd do before they were sent out), and he turned his focus to the remainder of the ore. With far more ease than the armors he shaped and twisted the rough ore into new shapes; this time a helm with a horn, for attack, and leg-guards with spikes across it. They would do well.

Satisfied, and mentally tired, the black blinked at the new problem he faced.

How the fuck was he supposed to carry this shit back to the oasis?

OOC: Buce has crafted;

Front set of polo/boots with spikes - one set - offensive item
Set of armor - two sets - defensive items
Faceplate w/ horn - one set - offensive item

Bucephalus
Art done by me
Table by Tamme<3

Pixel by Aud