the Rift

[OPEN] Surprise, Suprise![Leads/Ranked]

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

Bucephalus could not stop laughing in the back of his mind.

This was going to be interesting, to say the least. The flight had been easy, the black falling back to let the silver-black youth take the lead. "Glad you decided to join us, my fellow pebble-hunter." He grinned at Mesec, then turned to look at Amara, making sure the pace wasn't too bad... although it it wasn't that fast of a pace. It was enough that when Azeeza got flighty and excited, he could take her up and play with her through the sky and still keep pace with Mesec.

And now they stood on the snow, a welcome and cool change from the desert heat, although Bucephalus found sand alot easier to walk on than the crunchy white stuff. The black strode forward, halting before the towering metal statue, his gaze drawn upwards in awe and appreciation of the structure. This... was a beauty of crafting, and he made a mental note to inquire about it on a later date.

"I don't think it will be long before someone comes... at least it's far cooler here than back home, eh?" He asked, looking at his two companions in amusement. Azeeza was floundering in the snow, chirping and squawking happily before she built a makeshift nest out of the stuff, settling down in the very-much welcomed cool.

The Morningstar looked back towards the sentinel, half tempted to walk up to it and prod it with a hoof... but didn't think that would be wise. It was most likely there to mark the border, and he didn't want to be caught trespassing, especially with news like this.

(OOC: Buce, @[Amani] and @[Mesec] are here to deliver news about Confutatis's capture :D)

Image Credit

Pixel by Aud

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

LOCATION: BASIN // PREVIOUS THREAD: Always will, until the end

Well, Mesec wanted to get more involved with the Throat - didn’t he? He planned on volunteering for whatever task they might need an extra body for, throwing himself into whatever mix he could until he found out the best way he could be helpful for his new home. And the first task he volunteered for? A visit to his first home. After making quick introductions, the trio of Bucephalus, Amani, and Mesec left the Throat and carried their message to the Basin.

He was thankful for the company of Buce - or Pebbles, the black and gold stallion that he had searched for thought-stones with - his bright nature and the funny young companion he was paired with kept his heart light on their journey. Maybe it wouldn’t be so bad, maybe he wouldn’t see anyone that recognized him or that knew him. Or if he did - it was probably about time but! He was here on business.

He took the lead of their trio, although it had been close to two years since he had last been here, he still knew the way. The air noticeably cooled during their journey and when they landed, though Mesec was hot from the exercise, the Basin breeze was refreshing on his coat - Pebbles putting the feeling into words as he stepped forward to examine the mechanical horse that blocked their way. “Much cooler.” The demigod agreed quietly, distractedly, focused on the giant barring their way. This was new, wasn’t it? He would have remembered it from his childhood, probably would have been frightened of it. For now, though, he remained wary - careful to not stray too close, even lingering a little further back than Pebbles - feeling uncomfortable being this close to the Basin after so long, as though it could suck him back in and turn him into the intimidated and lost colt he had been when he first showed up here.

I’m trying to find my direction home, ______________
A question of space, a matter of time, _______
I follow the stars until the first light.

image by jjjj56cp at flickr
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Amani
Just A Picture To Burn

I have kept to myself for weeks now. I don't know what is wrong with me. Maybe the feelings about my parents murders are finally catching up to me... Or maybe it's the way Cera all but ignores me now.... Does he hate me because I am now the Diviner? If that's the case I don't want it. Yes I long to be near the God of the Sun.... But what good was being close to an immortal when I am alone here?

So I am surprised when I am asked to go with the others to the Basin to deliver news. I take it in stride, taking to the skies with the two males. The flight is made easy enough, although my landing still could use some work. At least there was snow there to catch my slight stumble. When one mentions the cold I shiver and speak softly. "I'm rather fond of the heat, even in TallSun..." I fell into silence, taking in the entry to the Basin. I have never been here before... But I have heard the stories thanks to my dam. My granddam was a prisoner here once.... When the Qian took over the Edge... These unicorns used to live in the Edge... How many from those times were left I do not know. Either way I am not taking my chances.

I can feel my fire magic burning in my veins, ready to be called upon. I sigh, keeping myself calm. Only if needed to defend myself or those I am with. Nothing more. I will not cause damage to the very thin treaty we hold with the herd here. I stop just back from both males, not really wanting to get to close in until I had to or until it was clear we were welcomed.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

x - x

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia
There is love

The sentinels did their job, and Ophelia was alerted to strangers on her hearth. She perked from her grazing, delicately tipped ears quivering as she moved forward. Long, slender limbs churned in a swift gait, cloven hooves dancing across the grass with the natural waltz of her stride. Pale, rippling tresses dripped in blood billowed behind her as she left the warmth and riches of the Aurora Basin proper behind, the cooler winds from behind the mountains whistling just inside the narrow entrance. Three figures stood on the horizon, all possessing wings, and she furrowed her brows. A visit from Gaucho, perhaps? He had promised to visit, but she did not place much stake in his claims.

Many demanded, judged and assumed of the Basin, but so rarely did they come themselves and seek truth. Ophelia had been one of them, quick to lay blame, but her time among the variety of creatures hidden in the mountains told her the truth. The Aurora Basin was a land of introverts and loners, all bonding together under the similar flag of individuality. These frosty souls did not yearn for bond or partnership but combined for a single goal of strength. Perhaps to some, this loose tie of comradery was not enough, but for Ophelia, she felt free. Her responsibility was to protect and inform, not play a subtle, snide game of politics. Interactions were perfunctory and brief, based on earned but mutual respect.

They were refugees of prejudice.

The trio was familiar, and she smiled warmly, pulled from her thoughts by the three. Amani, she knew the least, but they had sparred during her stay in the Dragon's Throat. Bucephalus she had met in the Veins, and Mesec, well... Her heart soared at the sight of the boy she had pulled from the arms of abuse and cradled into masculine adulthood. Emotional tears, so rare for the white queen, glossed her strange, dual colored eyes, and she ran to him. Unrestrained, she made to embrace Mesec and inhale his familiar scent, a wide, happy smile curving her mousy lips.

How tall he was! How handsome!

"Mesec," she murmured, tones full of pride and love. "How wonderful to see you here. You have grown so much, and I am infinitely proud to see you now." Words of open adoration were also rare, and she stepped back, looking at the other three with similar warmth. "What brings you all to the Basin?" she asked curiously, using a gesture of her ornate face to bring them inside. "Come and rest while we talk." Once inside the shelter of the mountains, fields of grass and the unfrozen lake glittered beautifully, and she stopped, feeling full in the company of familiars.

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
And in your darkest hour, I hold secrets flame
You can watch the world devoured in it's pain
Deimos the Reaper

The Reaper had barely strayed from the borders in recent days, watching, waiting, witnessing the beehive throngs gathering and nestling beneath the encroaching metal of the sentinels. Day in and day out, the world, the mass, the crowd had assembled, buzzing and droning, vexing and irritating. If the machines didn’t keep them at bay, the monster was sure to follow suit: depraved, wretched, and horrible, a demon from the mists and midst. Their purposes always seemed incredibly foolish, mundane, and tiresome: gallivanting across heathen riches, daring to spy into the illustrious haze, yearning to find and describe the dominating forces, the bestial throngs, the demonstrative potency of the Basin’s finest. He'd been severely limited in being able to express his taste, his penchant, for demise and catastrophe, for forcing fools and idiots away from their empire, and today was doomed to be like all the others. Though he couldn’t be sure of why these particular creatures had arrived, they didn't appear threatening, dangerous, or treacherous; not intending to destroy something Deimos had always attempted to protect. At the very least, as he drifted from his ramparts, a slithering shadow, a sinuous beast, an intimidating behemoth, the approaching gliders (all three marked by wings, Pegasus assemblage; and he remembered another one of theirs flying into their world, seasons ago, dancing in with a unicorn, and the latter never leaving) had all heeded the warning presence of metal and domination. He'd administer polite, political denominations in respect. Following after the Forsaken, who chattered away with the group (discerning she was acquainted with them, and he wouldn’t be permitted to fire some nefarious stares or brooding fixtures), he was all the more the silent infidel, the hidden sword emboldened and unholy, one more licentious web and weapon they had tied within the chilling confines and the glacial walls. He drew closer, a few yards away from the winged individuals, piercing eyes landing upon each and finding no significant recognition; though the silvern one looked vaguely familiar. He bestowed a nod to all of them, a brief, cordial gesture, solidifying his etch of power and title, the reason he was marked alongside them, arching one brow in licentious curiosity. “Deimos, Lord of the Basin.” As they drifted further inward, guarded and proffered, protected and safeguarded by treaty, by armistice, and the overwhelming inquiries gnarled and knotted with his Machiavellian mind, the calculations, the machinations, began to rise and curl. What was their purpose here? Did the Dragon’s Throat already yearn to rescind their contract? Was something awry (and could it be crushed, beaten down, ripped apart, scorned and mauled until there was nothing left, until bloodthirst was sated and savagery satisfied)? Or was there to be a mere exchange of information, as Ophelia had done for them time and time before? He stood a length away from them, stiff and unyielding, a measurable, deadly foe entangled and sculpted by the shoal and shore of the lake, as the Lady gave voice to his queries.

Roland Posts: 230
Aurora Basin Phantom atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 8 yrs HP: 60.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Glo

The Thief recognized none of them; however, it was immediately evident that they were not citizens of his home. If not for the wings tucked along their sides, it was unmistakable in the wary looks they cast towards the sentinels and across the wide open expanse of the Basin, alpine grandeur and sylvan grottos. Curiousity guided Roland's step towards the mountain pass and the looming shape of the guardians that framed the snowy footpath, drawing nearer to the gathering as Ophelia came into view. She reached them first, an easiness to her gait, no warnings etched out in the smooth lines of her posture. The Pegasi had a harmless look to them, none of the threat, the violence and the vehemence of the dark winged beast that had assailed himself and Lena on the beach. They did not appear lost, wayward, about to plunge unawares into the valley with no mind paid to the swords and scythes they would find there. Instead there was a purpose, an import to their demeanors, as if a certain matter of business was on their minds, something that had driven them into the far reaches of the north; and Roland, as a gatherer of information, a sleuth and charlatan, gravitated towards the promise of new knowledge. A dark and looming shadow joined Ophelia moments later, the Reaper as menacing as the sentinels themselves, just as imposing and reticent.

The Thief followed after his leaders to join the gathering, catching a name called out as Ophelia moved towards a dark stallion, and though he could not decipher the dulcet murmur of her voice, he could distinguish the enthusiasm in her tone. Roland relaxed beneath the aura of their familiarity, curiousity piqued at the sight of both horn and wings upon the one named Mesec.

A few words were exchanged before the Lady ushered them into their cold province, beyond the iron clad stare of the poised metal guardians, out of reach of the trailing roots of mountains, past pillars of rock and palisades of stone. Roland fell into step with them, taking up the rear of the party. In the brief moments of silence that followed, Deimos extended his own greeting in the form of an introduction. The golden stallion chimed in afterwards with a short and to the point, "Roland, Thief," which was followed up by a cordial bow of his head towards the three, and a winning smile. Once they had been removed from the shadow of the mechanical guardians and were in the open palm of the valley, the Thief was at ease, wondering at what had brought them into their wintry halls. His gaze lingered upon Ophelia, waiting for the emissaries to state their business. Was something wrong? Had they come to warn the Basin of some rising threat (as if they did not have enough to worry about) or did they bring good news?

Push your luck if it makes you a promise
that turns con men honest.

Image Credit

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs

The trio were not left alone for long.

A mare of snow and blood approached, and it took Bucephalus a few heartbeats, puzzling over the features before he placed her(in truth it was the sundrop that jogged his memory) as the mare from the Veins, Ophelia. He turned, watching as she greeted Mesec with a warmth that spoke of obvious familiarity. The Forsaken's temperment was not what the black had thought of whenever he heard of the Basin, yet he had little doubt that the snowy mare could be a hellion when demanded.

"Thank you for welcoming us so warmly, Lady Ophelia." He dipped his head in respect as they walked into the Basin. His gold eyes flickered around the valley, curious. If he had been able, odds are the black would have flickered around, sticking his nose into everything and seeing what kind of folk lived within this hushed place. However, he could not and would not(plus it left his mind with the task of creating a mental image based upon mere speculation), so his attention swiftly returned to the Lady.

Before he could speak, though, two more swiftly joined the party, and the Morningstar found his attention once again diverted, examining the two new arrivals. One Lord and one Thief, curious. Azeeza watched the black male like, well...a falcon, and had she been born a hound her hackles would have risen. It piqued the black's curiosity, and he nudged her mind with his own, receiving images of her own talons sinking into prey. He soothed her ruffled feathers, focusing once again upon Ophelia even as Azeeza focused upon Deimos, refusing to turn her attention elsewhere even at her bonded's gentle touch.

"We came to bring news. Gaucho captured Confutatis a few days past, and since the Throat is now an Isle... she shall no longer be a pest to you. You could come to the Troat and deal with her, or we shall hold her until she... no longer poses a threat ." Considering what he had heard of the skull-mare being such a pest to the Basin, he couldn't help the underlying tones of amusement in his voice and thoughts. The mare had made his skin crawl, even from a distance, and Azeeza had watched her as she watched Deimos now whenever they had neared her.

Oh, what an interesting trip this was.

@[Mesec] @[Amani]

Image Credit

Pixel by Aud

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

He had been expecting one family, his first family, but the warm face that greeted them was not D'Artagnan or any of his clan. It was Ophelia! He had glimpsed her in the crowd at Hototo's grave site but there had been no time to go to her then. Now, his face brightened with a sudden smile and he rushed forward to accept her embrace - burrowing his muzzle in her mane as he exhaled a very quiet, just-for-her, "It’s good to see you too, mom" before inhaling her scent, feeling like a yearling again. He couldn’t remember ever addressing her with that word before, not in such a direct manner, despite considering her a second mother since she had given him a home and family a few years ago. In this moment, however, it felt important to say it now. To make the distinction between her and his birth mother, even if it was only for himself.

He could not shake that smile now, not after embracing her and hearing her words. She was here, in the Basin! When they parted, he cleared his throat quietly - dislodging the thick, near-choking feeling that came with an emotional wave. "Thank you." Such a simple, understated response to how it felt to hear Ophelia say that she was proud to see him as he was. With a few meaningful sentences she gave him such courage. He might not see what there was to be proud of in himself, but how could he doubt her sincerity? "Have you been well? I did not think to see you here in the Basin." If the smile wasn’t enough, the warmth in his voice certainly made it clear that it was a pleasant surprise.

He did not feel sheepish about this obvious display of affection in front of all these near-strangers at first, but it settled in when he looked around. Two other unicorns joined them then - a familiar face that introduced himself as Deimos, Lord of the Basin, and another that was Roland, Thief. To them both Mesec gave a polite nod of greeting, unsure as to whether he should say something - choosing instead to follow Bucephalus’ lead. With Ophelia's blessing, they were welcomed inside the Basin. Mesec, for his part, tried not to fumble as he entered the herdland he had left as a yearling, feeling watched by the giant mechanical sentinel, but the sight of summer in the Basin was a welcoming one. Perhaps not quite relaxed, Mesec felt less on edge in the company that he stood in now than he expected to. Once comfortably inside, their message was relayed by Bucephalus and Mesec stayed quiet - watching for the reaction from their hosts. He had only one experience with their captive, when Helovia was in the caves - she was one of the last faces he had seen before being summoned by his mother, her uncomfortable presence marring the reunion he had been celebrating with a friend.

I’m trying to find my direction home, ______________
A question of space, a matter of time, _______
I follow the stars until the first light.

image by jjjj56cp at flickr
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

He had kept a sharp look out over the valley, watching the clouds race across the valley. It was a quiet day, all enjoying the calm. Haldir, having grown more independent, and the gold giving up on him, had journeyed to under the pines to graze, just within sight. The golden gives a sigh though and begins to move to join the fawn on his nice grazing spot when shapes appear on the horizon. Harks lift and body rises. He knew one, and where he was from, the others were not known. Pinning back his ears and letting his tail lash out in thought the golden thinks over what could bring such a company here. All included going down to investigate. Brilliant.

Shaking his head the gold slips from out of his cave and heads down the hillside through the pines. Coming to Haldir the gold nudges the fawn to the cave, but keeps going. The babe watches the golden go with a sigh, he seemed to get left out more than ever now. Still he turns and trots back the cave.

Coming to the edge of the pines the gold exhales with purpose, and his body began to disappear as magic began to tremble through his body. At last, nothing in the world of sight remained of him, and with a grin, nothing of the world of hearing either. Shaking his horned head, the gold tosses it up and in celebration of his ability to slip in without being heard the gold canters down to the gathering. Coming close he does of course slow. After all they still could see the dirt fly if he wasn’t careful. Walking up to the group the gold’s breath is heavy, but it is not heard above the cry of a butterfly. Again, brilliant. This day was getting better and better.

He seemed to have come just in time, business was moving on. Hark lifted close as Bucephelas, the man met in the desert, spoke of the ill fate of Confutatis. It wasn’t a happy grin that rose on those invisible lips, but a grim one, of ill pleasure. To be sure the gold was happy to have the bitch behind someone’s bars. And in fact he was glad it wasn’t in theirs, it was not their problem. No, the gold’s ill turn of mood was due to the nature of this business. First of all, he hadn’t been able to steal her himself (not that he had much chance, the mare being so vigilant against the Basin). But most, the mood was the whole affair. So much trouble had she caused there wasn’t even any pleasure in being rid of her. Typical of her really. Shaking his silent horned head the gold readies to leave this snorefest, but waits. Maybe some curious information might turn up, and he’d hate to miss it.

OOC :: DON'T MIND ME, I's invisible....
"speech"

credits

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Amani
Just A Picture To Burn

So much happened all at once. It did not take long for those who live here to come to see what the three of us wanted. It seemed the one stallion, Mesec knew one of the leaders. Wait, did he just call her... Mom?! Well that was a good thing. We have connections that I at the very least didn't know about. I stay quiet, observing the interactions. I listen as Bucephalus speaks, telling of why we are here. I take the time to look over each who have arrived to greet us.

There is the Lord Demios, who to be honest kind of scares me. There is something about him that just makes my skin crawl. He is the reason I stay behind the other two and allow them to do the talking. The Lady Ophelia seemed nice enough, at least from the way she greeted Mesec and welcomed us in. Granted i'm sure things could change in a flash if needed. Hell I think we all are that way. It is the one who calls himself a Theif that catches my attention the most. I can only assume from the rank he hold that he must be one who is a sneak. He is one like our Sleuths, that try to take to better the herd... Or to gain back what we have lost.

Golden eyes flash to each, watching and waiting for any of them to speak. The one they held captive must be of some importance to not only the Throat but the Basin as well. I wonder what she has done to get this kind of attention from two out of the four herds...

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

x - x

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.