[OPEN] Surprise, Suprise![Leads/Ranked]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia
There is love

The sentinels did their job, and Ophelia was alerted to strangers on her hearth. She perked from her grazing, delicately tipped ears quivering as she moved forward. Long, slender limbs churned in a swift gait, cloven hooves dancing across the grass with the natural waltz of her stride. Pale, rippling tresses dripped in blood billowed behind her as she left the warmth and riches of the Aurora Basin proper behind, the cooler winds from behind the mountains whistling just inside the narrow entrance. Three figures stood on the horizon, all possessing wings, and she furrowed her brows. A visit from Gaucho, perhaps? He had promised to visit, but she did not place much stake in his claims.

Many demanded, judged and assumed of the Basin, but so rarely did they come themselves and seek truth. Ophelia had been one of them, quick to lay blame, but her time among the variety of creatures hidden in the mountains told her the truth. The Aurora Basin was a land of introverts and loners, all bonding together under the similar flag of individuality. These frosty souls did not yearn for bond or partnership but combined for a single goal of strength. Perhaps to some, this loose tie of comradery was not enough, but for Ophelia, she felt free. Her responsibility was to protect and inform, not play a subtle, snide game of politics. Interactions were perfunctory and brief, based on earned but mutual respect.

They were refugees of prejudice.

The trio was familiar, and she smiled warmly, pulled from her thoughts by the three. Amani, she knew the least, but they had sparred during her stay in the Dragon's Throat. Bucephalus she had met in the Veins, and Mesec, well... Her heart soared at the sight of the boy she had pulled from the arms of abuse and cradled into masculine adulthood. Emotional tears, so rare for the white queen, glossed her strange, dual colored eyes, and she ran to him. Unrestrained, she made to embrace Mesec and inhale his familiar scent, a wide, happy smile curving her mousy lips.

How tall he was! How handsome!

"Mesec," she murmured, tones full of pride and love. "How wonderful to see you here. You have grown so much, and I am infinitely proud to see you now." Words of open adoration were also rare, and she stepped back, looking at the other three with similar warmth. "What brings you all to the Basin?" she asked curiously, using a gesture of her ornate face to bring them inside. "Come and rest while we talk." Once inside the shelter of the mountains, fields of grass and the unfrozen lake glittered beautifully, and she stopped, feeling full in the company of familiars.

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Surprise, Suprise![Leads/Ranked] - by Bucephalus - 03-08-2015, 08:48 PM
RE: Surprise, Suprise![Leads/Ranked] - by Mesec - 03-09-2015, 04:36 PM
RE: Surprise, Suprise![Leads/Ranked] - by Amani - 03-09-2015, 08:59 PM
RE: Surprise, Suprise![Leads/Ranked] - by Ophelia - 03-10-2015, 12:56 AM
RE: Surprise, Suprise![Leads/Ranked] - by Deimos - 03-10-2015, 06:04 PM
RE: Surprise, Suprise![Leads/Ranked] - by Roland - 03-11-2015, 01:55 AM
RE: Surprise, Suprise![Leads/Ranked] - by Mesec - 03-18-2015, 07:46 PM
RE: Surprise, Suprise![Leads/Ranked] - by Amani - 03-29-2015, 01:06 PM