the Rift

[OPEN] Follow me beneath the trees

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
The silence makes Loricate uncomfortable - it's obvious by his need to fill the gaping hole in the conversation. He insists that he can hear me fine, so perhaps he is just very forgetful. He asks me who the leaders of the herd are as I take him toward one of the entrances. I shake my head, my exasperation showing. I already told him, but apparently he has memory problems. "Our leaders are Midas and Ghost, as I told you in the Threshold. We are a small herd right now, but I and others have been working to find new members to join us." I talk back over my shoulder as I lead him down one of the many paths to the valley of the Falls. Damaris trots along beside me, carefully navigating the treacherous path. I call back again: "Do be careful - it can be tricky footing to those who aren't familiar with it."

Upon reaching the bottom, Damaris runs off to find Ghost or Midas - whomever might be lurking nearby to greet the newcomer. Of course, we don't need a leader to welcome Loricate into the herd. As a General, I am allowed to do that myself. But all the same, it is nice to let the czar and czarina know that we have a new herd member. I turn around to face Loricate as he comes down the hill behind me. "I guess what you should begin to consider is what you would like to do here in the herd. You could be a warrior like myself, or you could also be a spy, healer, crafter, or educator. Do any of those sound interesting to you?" I'm a man who gets down to business, and I hope the other stallion will forgive me for it. I don't really do the chatting thing very much. I look around, wondering if any others will join us, or if it will just be us too bachelors. At first no one seems to show up, but there's still hope for the future.

WC: 340
Tag: @[Loricate] @[Ghost] + others?

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Loricate Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Loricate

FOLLOW ME BENEATH THE TREES
Loricate sees the exasperation on Rostislav's face. Perhaps it is that he's asking too many questions. Perhaps he's repeating himself. Whatever the case, Loricate only wants to make sure he knows everything about the herd, so that he can fit in as quickly as possible. Maybe Rostislav likes his silence. Loricate makes a mental note to do his best to remember everything his new companion says, so that he doesn't ask the same question twice.

He pauses, momentarily, breath taken by the beauty of the Falls. It looks like a small mountain range, rocky hills and beautiful water falls and crystal clear ponds pooling in small groups. A sparse forest dots the landscape around him. The ground beneath Loricate's hooves is rocky, and he knows it will take a while to develop the reflexes to walk this particular terrain.

After a moment, he follows Rostislav down the path. Upon reaching the bottom, he watches as Damaris runs off, and Rostislav turns towards him and asks him about what he'd like to become.

Loricate considers the question for a second, wondering which role would suit him best. Healer and crafter he immediately throws away; he's no good at creating things. Maybe a warrior, or a spy. Educator sounds too....slow to him. And no matter how fun being a spy sounds, Loricate realizes that such a role would have him risking his neck in ways he does not want to risk it. Death as a warrior, however...now that sounds like something that Loricate would like. He's fought other before, though he was forced by circumstances. Now, offered the chance to learn to fight properly, like a true warrior...how could he refuse? "I think...I think being warrior sounds nice." He admits quietly. "It might be the role I fit into most, to be honest."

@[Rostislav]