the Rift

B a l a n c e[Myr/Open]

Yin and Yang Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The explosion shook the earth. Smoke rose from a pit, The two foals lay in the crater about 5 feet in diameter, their bodies formed an odd shape, a circle. They lay like the sign they were named after, Yin and Yang. Yin was the first to get up, her charcoal black coat covered in dirt. She nudged her sister, poking her with her horn."Get up!"She whinnied. Yang raised her head."We there yet?" Yang spread her small white wings out, they were covered in dirt, and she shook it off, and got up."Where are we?" Yang looked around, all that surrounded them was woods. Trees surrounded them, the sun barely visible. White snow surrounded the crater, and fell gently onto their coats. The foals huddled together. They stepped out and wandered deeper into the woods.

Word Count:138

Myrddin Posts: 115
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17 :: Old
Aud

This is what I'd have you see, do it please ya:

The large Stallion wandered freely through the only bit of Helovia that he was remotely familiar with - and don't we all seem to be drawn back from whence we came? Hadn't Myr not so long ago stepped into this forest himself? Sure he had. Only it had been warmer then - now, snowy-powder billowed lightly from the overcast sky, lightly dusting the white stallion.

As he walked, Myrddin suddenly caught a very odd scent - it smelled of fire without...without the heat. He smelled charred earth, but could detect no smoke, or flame. His brow furred into a confused grimace, as he began lithely (for an old geezer, anyways), moving towards the scent. From his vantage in the darkened wood, Myr witnessed two nearly identical foals emerge from the pit, whose scent had drawn him here. They appeared to be negative opposites of one another - that is, where one was light, the other was dark. But...as they trudged off into the woods, Myr noticed another strange feature of these twins - one possessed a dainty set of wings, and the other a spiralled horn, and yet the similarity of their appearance could only suggest that they were related. And yet how strange, that they be born of entirely distinct breeds.

Fresh memories of his loved ones dying, of young babbies such as these two perishing in fire swirled in his memory, causing his large frame to visibly stiffen with grief. Uncharacteristically, Myrddin adjusted his course to follow the two younglings. He stepped lightly, as Unicorn's can, through the brush of the threshold, letting his shadow cast long ahead of him, eventually enveloping the two foals, yet he remained silent.

Unregistered
Yin turned, and looked at the stallion behind them,"who's that?" Yin's curiosity carried her towards him, and her sister followed. "Hi there mister!!"Yang neighed out, her wings flapping, trying to make her go faster towards the white stallion. He had one antler sticking out of his head. He was old, bedraggled. Yang raced up to him with Yin right beside her, as if they were tied together by and invisible bond, they were inseparable. The two fillies looked at wonder, their minds worked at one. "Who are you?" Yin and Yang said in sync, their voices matched a bit too much. They waited for the lone stallion to speak.

Word Count: 111

Deceased
Aud

Myrddin narrowed his eyes as the two fillies came rushing at him. He drew himself up to his full height, towering over the two girls as they bounded, completely without fear, towards him. "Who am I? WHO AM I? Why I am Myrddin the Philosopher, son of a Demon and councillor to Kings!" Myrddin's voice became a loud shout - he opened his mouth to allow the sound to resonate as it once had in his youth, when his title may have been more impressive, and relavent. However, all he succeeded in doing was launching slobber out of his open jaws. Not noticing this (or maybe just not caring), Myrddin lowered his head conspicuously between the two girls, eyeing one and then the other. "The real question is" Myrddin began in a hushed whispers, "is who. (pause) are. (pause) YOU?!" Myr escalated his voice roughly as he concluded his question.

Shatter Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Shatter wandered through the trees, as her mind guided her every day. She truly was a wanderer. She was quite stunning to view; soft treads of water radiated off of her neck, hindquarters, and legs, and when she was cross her eyes would turn dark blue as a storm, and when she was full of glee, her eyes would turn icey blue. She could flick her tail at someone and send a splatter of water at them, and her whinny could make the roughest of seas calm. She silently made her way to the shouting and paused when she saw them, then froze like her icey eyes as a branch snapped under her weight, knowing they had to hear her.

Unregistered
Yin and Yang giggled, "A philosopher? What's that?" The girls continued to giggle, then the stallion did a penetrating stare, asking who they were."We? I'm Yang, and this is Yin." Yang pointed to the black unicorn filly, who grunted. They ran around the stallion, giggling. "How old are you? You must be ooold!"The little fillies giggled. Yin and Yang never went more than three feet from each other, and when they did, it was a mess. Yang looked at the stallions' horn, or antler, as you would call it."What's wrong with your horn?" The fillies waited patiently for the stallion, Myr to reply to their question.

Word Count: 109 [I'm too tired to do anymore]

Deceased
Aud

What was a Philosopher? That question almost had as many answers as "Why is there something, rather than nothing." Wearily, Myrddin shook his old head, sending spare clumps of mane into his eyes.

"I am old" Myrddin affirmed with resolute nod of his head. What was wrong with his horn? That was a story far too frightening for two younglings, such as these. "My horn? Well, let us just say that my sire, was not of equine-blood" Myrddin looked at the two girls skeptically. Why were they out here all alone? Naive as they were, they would be snatched up by something far worse than an old stallion with too much demon blood in his veins. Nickering softly, he echoed these thoughts. "To whom do you belong? " Although he didn't know the answer, Myrddin was almost sure that the girls were orphans are this point in time - why else had they crawled out of a pit, just moments ago?