the Rift

[PRIVATE] that's all I ask for, love me, love me

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba

resplendence ,
hold me now and leave me never

She wanted to sleep and Rue had most definitely been making it difficult as of late. She was always wanting to do something. She was always moving. So, Quilyan had taken their babe for the night as of the mid-afternoon. And, Res had retreated to her canopy beside her garden. The sun had started to fade in the horizon and she had began to doze off into a sleep. A deep sleep. One that wasn't jostled by the sounds of cries or pain. No. Valiance was the one to sleep lightly tonight - in fairness for his bonded who was beyond exhausted.

So, the crashing and jostling hadn't woken Res up. Valiance had, instead, moved from his perch along her back and twirled out of the canopy - going to see what was causing all of the commotion. What he found was beyond words for the dragon almost in adulthood. Kaj was falling against a tree, trying to prop up his frame as his knees buckled. And the sound of his voice - it was breaking. Valiance cried to Res through the bond, and she groggily woke to hear the sound of her nickname. She stumbles to her feet, Valiance snagging the opening of the canopy just as Res pushes through.

Res nearly trips over herself, moving so quickly in the constant state of exhaustion from the child. Aye, but what she saw before her caused her more worry than any wound upon Kaj's frame could. Something had broken him so badly that he couldn't speak so she'd understand. Something had tore him apart to the brim of tears. Something had caused him the lack of sleep that could only be seen in the lack of focus in his eyes as he seemed to try and focus on anything

She pulls up beside him, giving no heed to the fact that he might desire personal space. No. They were family - he was her brother, regardless of blood - and he would take her doting care regardless of what was going on. She presses her maw up against his chest, shoving her side against his own after squirreling under his wing in an attempt to keep him on his feet. An attempt only so that he wouldn't crash to the ground and injure himself physically as well. "Kaj, shhhhh." she purrs, golden orbs searching for his gaze in concern. "I'm here, I'm here. I'm not going anywhere." She has no clue what the words are that had fell from his lips, but she would say all she could to try and calm him. "Lay down, dearest. Please, just lay down. You can hide beneath my canopy if you wish. Just please, let us lay down. I'm not going anywhere. You can tell me what's wrong, or you can simply cry. Either is fine, my darling…" Her words are laced with every single level of concern. Her body is trying to keep him standing, to let him put some weight upon her frame - and Valiance is carefully perched upon Kaj's haunches, beginning to braid the stag's short mane like he did with Res's, hoping that it would calm the King just enough to listen to what Res was saying.

Oh, but how her heart shattered to know that something had hurt her brother in this manner. She will scream at them all. She will chastise any who did this to Kaj - to make them understand just how badly they had hurt the only one who had always been there for her, the one who had helped her learn what it was like to be strong. She would make them understand how wrong it was for them to have done this.

No one deserved this. And Kaj was most definitely the last one to come close to needing this either.

ooc stuff here/tags here/etc ©

When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
that's all I ask for, love me, love me - by Kaj - 03-15-2015, 10:40 PM
RE: that's all I ask for, love me, love me - by Resplendence - 03-16-2015, 08:06 PM