[OPEN] Spilling Drinks and Sharing Girls

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo
there was a time that the pieces fit
but i watched them fall away

Have we been here before? This is all so unfamiliar and green, it almost makes your eyes hurt. The dense forest that strangles the center of this landmass usually is dull and dark, few spots comfortable enough to bring the kids on a day out, very much unlike this place. You walk with a stiff limp on your back right, a lingering numbness refusing to subside no matter how much weight you try to put on it or shake out of the one limb. Ouija smirks as you thrash your long body around, looking like a fool to anyone who may be watching; regardless, you try to rid the imaginary bugs from your leg. Her big ears cupped backward, stray flies nibbling on the now rough edges on both.

After the fit, you tip toe along, curly tail swinging behind you with each careful step. 'One could easily mistake you for an ugly woman.' one of us spits, leaving the rest to laugh themselves to stitches and slap their knees as they gasp for air. "Funny." you whisper, maroon dipped ears swiveling backward to press against the thicket of hair along your thin neck. Ouija, confused and unable to hear us, tilts her head. 'I don't say nothing?' You simply sigh, right ear popping back upright while she speaks in the front half of your mind. "Hm." you grunt, not quite sure whether to be concerned, or pleased that she can't hear us.

Your mind begins to wander, drifting off to images and small clips of the fox as a tiny kit: you can remember how big her dark eyes looked on her small little body, and the first time she cracked a poor mouse's spine right in front of you.. her little bushy tail wagged so fast it shook her entire body.. then the mouse was gobbled up in a few bites that probably didn't help her digest it at all. Your skin trembles and goosebumps ride your spine at the thought.

But here, in present day, the growing kit trots along the side of the pond while watching both of your reflections. Her hackles raise for a moment before she realizes that she's staring back at herself; it only took one dive into the oasis back home to figure out that what she was leaping in after herself and not a strange, fuzzy fish that needed to die. After a few second, you stop along the edge as well, dipping your long face down to lip at the still water that could nearly pass as a mirror.

"Voodoo." 'Ouija.' 'Voices'
Oh my god play date! <3
@[Rostislav]

Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
'Do you remember?' I ask quietly in my mind, looking down at the canine as we walk. I remember. I remember when she was so small, when I didn't know what to do with her. Lakota and Aodunn helped me feed her, and I was so protective. I'm still protective, though I know now she can fend for herself. I let her see through my own mind the images of her birth, her first piece of meat, the moment I named her. The Ancient Rotunda. It appeared after the Darkness passed, which was when I first came to Helovia and encountered her egg in the caves. Damaris seems to appreciate the memories being shared, and a warm fuzzy feeling comes over me.

Was this also where we saw Voodoo last, and met that Aurelia? I wonder what ever happened to her. And Voodoo. My heart pangs. I had told December I had no friends, but that was a lie. Voodoo is my friend. I don't know what brings us together, other than the fact we found our eggs together, but we've been close ever since. Like... long lost brothers. Long lost because we never see each other but when we do, the kinship is strong. I wonder how long it will be before I see him again. Flashes in my mind of Voodoo and Ouija show me that Damaris does remember the last time we saw them. The warm feeling stays: she liked the arctic fox, and her companion too.

Magic. Fate. Destiny. Jeebus.

THEY APPEAR BEFORE US. I wonder if somehow I drank WAY too much vodka, but no, I haven't been drinking much lately. That's definitely them. In a small pool of water a full-grown Ouija splashes, Voodoo standing nearby. Damaris runs full speed ahead, barking at the fox. My joy is like a small child's as I amble-canter toward them. "VOOOOOOODOOOOOOO!!!" Ages, comrades. It has been ages since I've seen my truest friend. Yeah I'm gonna act like a fuckin' toddler!

WC: 334
Tag: @[Voodoo]
Sometimes, when I'm ready to be done posting, I get stupid. Also, what if Voodoo tells him about Ryuu? And then about Faeanne?!?! Does Dooey know about Faeanne?

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Voodoo

The shaggy mutt with a radioactive green collar of some sort comes bounding toward you, and before you notice, we do. The splashing comes to a complete stop and the excitable creature is making strange yipping noises all over again; whether or not she remembers the canine, she's clearly happy to see someone to play with. But, unlike the snow fox, your body tenses up and your skull pulls up from the water as if something snapped at your face from below. There's just enough time for your brain to register that the thudding of heavy feet and heavy scent of that strange drink belongs to a man who you haven't seen in what feels like a lifetime.

"VOOOOOOODOOOOOOO!!!" the white-eyed stallion bellows, making his way toward you with a hurried - but still heavy footed - walk. The tension in your neck, chest and, well, entire body, eases at the sight of Rostislav. "Ros!-" a question hangs on your lips as if you couldn't tell who the drunkard was. Faux blood splits in two and lips pull into a wide grin, stained teeth visible behind stretched lips. "I can't believe it." you call, raspy voice unusually loud as your longing for friendship shrivels into but a thought in the back of your mind.

The darkness had brought the two of you together and weaved a strange friendship that surely neither of you could explain. Surely the heavy burden of loneliness helped while you were all imprisoned below the surface, but the eggs, the eggs were what made you speak up when the big antlered oaf slopped down on the stone next to you. Both eggs, so different and unique to match their own host: Ouija's, iridescent and beautiful under the soft light that managed to filter into the caves - Damaris' yellowed, and.. rotten.. maybe the egg was too ugly for the now beautiful hellhound.

"It's.. it's been too long my friend." you finally breath as the legatus comes closer. Ouija bounced back and forth in place, her small tanned paws splashing in the shallow of the water while she anticipated the black hellhound's greeting. Her coat - now sprinkled in a warm cinnamon shade - was puffed up and her long tail stuck straight out, wagging like your average house dog's when offered a treat.

Hahah, <3 Yes yes yes, I'll bring that up in the next thingy! :3
@[Rostislav]

Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD

The stupid grin that spreads over my face is matched by his, and I slow as I near him, making sure to not bowl him over in my excitement. I stop just in front of his face and put mine right up in his, nostrils flaring as I blow hard into his, contracting again as I take in a deep breath. Voodoo my comrade. Ouija and Damaris frantically tackle and romp, excited to play, and caring not for whatever the hell the two equines are up to. I stare into the red eyes of my friend. His voice is raspy, but he otherwise seems healthy. He echoes the sentiments bouncing wall to wall in my mind. "So it has!" My voice calms to a more normal octave, laden with testosterone as opposed to the giddiness of a child. I cannot help my enthusiasm, though, and it seems as if electricity keeps all my hairs on end. My ears are perked, head high, tail lifted from the ground and swaying to and fro.

I look over at the two companions, who seem to be still unaware of our reunion. "Ouija seems to be doing well. Can you believe they are a year old?" I chuckle and turn back to look at him again, stepping away so there is breathing space between us. I hope that I haven't made him claustrophobic in my excitement. I take a deep breath and exhale slowly. "So tell me, what is new in your world? How have you been?" Sure, it may sound like small talk, but I'm genuinely interested. So much could have happened in the past... well.. however long it has been since we last spoke.

My body finally starts to relax as I settle into conversation, but the joy beats hard in my heart. Voodoo is the friend I never thought I'd have, unlikely as it may have been. The fact we don't see each other more often is the strangest and stupidest thing. I may have to make sure that this oversight never happens in the future. In the meantime, let's sit down, have a drink, and get back to knowing each other again!

WC: 362

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Voodoo

The pups play and growl and splash, Ouija's coat looking more and more like a toasted marshmallow as she twists with the black and green canine. Her little heart flutters with excitement as teeth bare and snap playfully as they jump about.

Rostislav finally reaches you, the pure joy of the reunion playing across his heavy face just as it surely is on your much thinner, longer one. Hot air is exchanged, the same stagnant scent of the alcohol swimming on his tongue flooding the small gap of air between the two of you; but, in return, your red snout reaches out and you breath against him as well. For once, you aren't worried about accidentally touching, and you're sure that the draft isn't all too worried about it either. Finally you speak, which he responds to without skipping a beat: "So it has!" The high chirp in his voice having smoothed out and returned to normal.

"Ouija seems to be doing well. Can you believe they are a year old?" Still starstruck, the smile stays tight on your lips while the two of you glance toward the rumbling pups. Shaking your head as you turn back to face your friend, ('Your only friend.' we mumble) you can't help but to let out an airy chuckle. "It doesn't seem like it, does it? They're growing too fast.. look at how tall Damaris is!" another light chuckle escapes with a hot breath, your eyes averting to watch the companions as Ouija flops onto her back and rolls on the bank.

The warrior steps back, opening a space that you hadn't realized was so small until it was spread back apart; part of you longs to wrap your neck around his burly shoulder and fully embrace his body, but you can't imagine that Ros would be as comfortable with that as you may be. "So tell me-" he begins, drawing your attention back over, "-what is new in your world? How have you been?" Empty eyes glance up at the balconies of the trees, the distant Rotunda throwing enchanting colors onto leaves high above. Where to even start? Oh.. you exhale with a heavy sigh, eyes falling back onto the cloudy white ones staring back at you. "Remember that mare?" We cringe in your skull, our spines tingling with a deep hatred toward the woman who bore your child. 'Good way to start this off!' we clap sarcastically, scaly hands making a loud echo in your mind.

"Aurelia?" Her name almost burns on your tongue and her golden eyes shimmer in your memories.. she had been beautiful, you couldn't deny that, but her personality (from what you can pull from the whole two hours of talking to the woman) was so blunt and uninviting.. you swallow hard, returning to reality with a nervous laugh. "Well, we uh.. we had a kid, his name's Ryuu.. well, she had two. Funny story." Then it dawns on you again: hadn't you thought about this before?! The filly must have been Rostislav's! "H-have you seen her, by chance? Aurelia?" 'You're stammering and haven't even had a drink yet.. he'll know something's up.' We smirk and get comfortable to watch this show.

@[Rostislav]

Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD

Though we stand apart, I feel a certain thrum of electricity bouncing between our bodies. Though I hear the comments Voodoo makes about our companions, I feel lulled into a quiet trance by the feeling. As if, somehow, we were magnetic poles drawn to each other. Not as lovers but as similar, matched souls that need to be together. I wonder which of us is more determined to maintain the space, which would most rather be touching. I'm sure Voodoo would feel weird if I stayed in his personal bubble, so I keep the small distance between us. Bubbles intact.

'Aurelia?' I jolt from the reverie that I had just settled into. I look at Voodoo with a suddenly piercing gaze, eyes narrowing in suspicion at what he might say. I don't need to prompt him to go on, for he does so with a stammer. A child? TWO children? Ryuu and.. why didn't he say the other's name? "Yes I saw her once. She came to the Falls to bitch at me.. for.. I don't know what." I calmly respond to his question, but the look of suspicion (now mixed with confusion) is still on my face. Slowly, I press him. "Voodoo, it sounds to me like you're the father of two children. Why do you seem so nervous? What aren't you telling me?"

Of course I have no idea that he is NOT the father of two children. I have no idea that the other child is my own, a daughter that I have never met nor heard of. (I have no idea that it was even possible for Aurelia to be impregnated by two separate stallions.) I know none of this because no one has told me, and I've never met this mysterious daughter. The confusion mixed so heavily in my expression, one ear forward and one ear back.. it is plain that I am not a part of this inside joke, perhaps started by Aurelia at my expense.

WC: 332
Sorry it isn't very good. My emotions are all fucked up right now

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

Voodoo

Your friend's strange diluted eyes narrowed as you spoke, clearly not following where you had been going with your rambling. "Yes I saw her once. She came to the Falls to bitch at me.. for.. I don't know what." the drunkard pauses briefly only to let you speak. "Voodoo, it sounds to me like you're the father of two children. Why do you seem so nervous? What aren't you telling me?" Your mind whirls while you try to connect the dots: no woman can have twins from different man, nor would any respectful one be willing to lay with another man so quickly.. right? You huff uncomfortably, thick bottom lip quivering before you can add up any reasonable evidence. The kid didn't look like Rostislav that much, did she?

"Did you two.. well-" you drop your eyes and your cheeks burn with embarrassment before you can dive into questioning your friend's sex life. "do it? That night we met her," your words trailed off after the question, each fading to a near whisper as you continued. Dual colored ears perked forward, but besides their hopeful perch, the rest of your body is tense and nervous. After all, you remember how you reacted once you heard the news - how would Ros feel? Would he long to meet with the young woman who could possibly be half of himself? Would he break down with guilt having realized that Aurelia's visit (that hadn't seemed to go over well, you assume) may have been about just that?

Or are you completely wrong? Had he not even have laid the white woman down that night? It had been so long now and all of your attention had been focused on the little tri-horned colt, but the winged mare said that he was your son.. had she not? Then you realize: you don't even know the filly's name. Your heart crumples in your chest like a wadded up piece of paper.

You hadn't even taken the time to learn her name, so how had you expected Aurelia (who is still so young) to raise two foals on her own?

"Only one is mine?" your gravely voice finally settles, but the words are tainted with a heavy blanket of confusion.

@[Rostislav]
So sorry I just got to this!
Table by Frostie
IS IN YOUR HEAD

I can tell he is trying to figure this out as hard as I am. The wheels turning his his mind... the wheels in my mind.. well.. they turn as quickly as they can. But clearly, there are some inconsistencies in this narrative. He asks the question that needs to be asked. "Did we fuck? Yes sir and quite lovely it was. You and I might have done some flirting as well." I give him a knowing look, though I don't remember all the details quite that well. A deep chuckle passes my lips. "You NEVER KNOW with the drink!" Truer words never spoken.

I suppose I'm not really trying to figure out what happened, what the results are. I'm letting Voodoo do all the hard work, to reason the answers. But when he suggests that only one is his.... "Only one is yours? Then the other is...." My body goes completely still and my heart painfully skips a beat. Hnnnnng. Does this mean that.. there is a child out there that is mine? That.. crazed woman... bore my child? Aurelia. Had a baby. With me. I have a child. A non-Vitani child.

"THAT BITCH HAD MY BABY AND DIDN'T TELL ME?!" Who knew my eyes could get any wider, but at this point they're nearly bursting out of my head. What the actual fuck. What.. what.. sperm, baby, eggs. Twins from different fathers? Who knew such a thing could happen? (Anything can happen in Helovia DUH.) Damaris senses my confusion but doesn't seem to understand what's going on. She barks loudly then returns to playing with Ouija. I think I'm about to have a heart attack, my heart is beating so rapidly and unevenly in my chest. Am I about to explode? "VOODOO. Where is it? Is it a boy or a girl? What's its name, what does it look like?" I wonder that my eagerness doesn't overwhelm him. Brain function required, c'mon Rosti don't fizzle out on me!

WC: 330
Sorry at my slow response! This kept getting pushed to the end of the list. and I'm sorry it isn't better :(

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread