the Rift

[OPEN] by moonlight

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
The mare watched as the other approached, expecting the Throat to hold a host of guards patrolling its borders - the Throat of old always had a strong militia, it was no surprise (and in fact, a comfort for the mare), to see that this was still the case. Mirage knew that Kri had left, but from there her memory was hidden in shadows - the darkness had swept over the lands, she had gone to fight it and.. She remembered that the Throat and the Edge carried their alliance through, she remembered sending her daughters this way with her brother when the war broke out, and yet, she did not remember the time as clearly as she should have. It was too near the great upheaval, the dark abyss that had swallowed her and her dragon whole, then torn them apart only to put them back together again and again, slowly and deliberately extracting as much pain and then more upon the mare and her dragon.. It was little wonder the old mare's memories were fogged on details.

"This twilight is a gift from the Goddess, for my lifelong devotion to the study of her ways." Akaith had settled upon her back, as her bonded spoke amiably to the blue-and-black pegasus mare, whose disposition Mirage could not help but compare to that of the Resolute's. "I know the importance of balance between the Gods, (having lived through enough examples of what could go wrong when an imbalance tilted the equilibrium) and so I stand against none of them. I keep mostly near the lands of the Edge, though I venture south to enquire after some relatives I.. Became separated from when the Shades took the lands."

It was hard to say, to explain her situation to a complete stranger. Normally reserved, the mare did not want to give her life's story to this winged soldier, not without the promise of something in return - but what choice did she have? She was an Outcast, a vagabond, truly with no responsibilities except to the cares of her heart, which was why she was here. And she did not want to be turned away for posing a threat that did not exist, truly, she wanted peace, as she always had (though technically she had always wanted balance and equality, and whether that came with peace or chaos depended on her mood, really). Mirage would pay the price of revealing more than she desired to this time; she only hoped that it would be worth it in the end.

"I seek Tandavi and Amaris, one my niece and the other my daughter. I heard whispers that they call the Throat home now, and only wish to know of their wellbeing, though I would welcome an opportunity to see them for myself should it be presented." Halting her words, the mare's façade took on an amused glint, as she realised she had forgotten one crucial piece of information. "Forgive me, I am Mirage, and this is Akaith."

Bleh, sorry for the wait and the shitty reply.. I'm thinking timeline-wise this is set just after the Throat's herd meeting/just before the invasion?

Still open!
Mirage the DragonHeart

i-mi | larfsalot
on deviantart

Messages In This Thread
by moonlight - by Mirage - 03-16-2015, 04:17 AM
RE: by moonlight - by Ampere - 04-25-2015, 02:11 AM
RE: by moonlight - by Mirage - 05-08-2015, 07:59 AM
RE: by moonlight - by Ampere - 05-13-2015, 11:46 PM