the Rift

[OPEN] Born by Lightning

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

I bit my lip watching you approach Bro like that, your little body snaking away from me to put your tiny-ass feet on him too, and it was like two pieces of my life connecting together for a span of moments, two indescribably precious things that made my heart twist and contort and fracture in so many different ways that it was confusing and mindboggling and beautiful but I’m too hard to admit that shit.

*"You couldn't have picked someone better to bond to than my little sister, you know."*

A gift. He offered this shining thing to me and to you too and it was wrapped in gold and silver and shining like hell and I couldn’t help it; I gasped a little, my eyes pulling harder than they were already pulling, and my face was still wet enough that the things seeping from my eyes slid smoothly without too much of a detection. It was too much; it was a thing I didn’t deserve from him, a thing I couldn’t accept but he was making me accept it anyway because even though your daft little mind didn’t understand a whole bunch of words ‘n sentences or whatever, you were still beaming up at him (as much as lizards can beam, anyway) and I could see the sunrays shining through yoru head and the warmth that started gushing from you to me and I--

--I snorted and you little ass sort of left my muzzle for a moment but you plopped right back down again, breaking off from Mesec to curl yourself on the bridge of my nose and look up at me with your liquid, excited eyes. “Yeah, whatever,” I said, trying to brush off the gorgeous thing Mesec had offered—and having no choice but to go ahead and accept the shit because you were in full agreement with him and it was 2 v 1 and there was no contest.

I looked away, my eyes still kinda leaking even though I was getting a handle on it. Heavy things were starting to shatter the sparkling curtain that enveloped us; memories of things that had happened to us, that were happening to us. The old man’s whisper of “moon” still haunted me, the idea that there was some piece of me, tentative and hesitant and oh so sorry, that had suspected Mesec’s hand in the murders. Hototo’s…death…hung like black curtains around the pillars of the thing we were standing under and it was hard and I’ve already cried all my tears out for Hototo but that doesn’t mean the scar inside was anything more than a fragile pink rope of a thing that leaked pus at the slightest provocation.

But then Bro gave me something new to worry about.

*"So what's his name?"*

“He’s…” I started to say, my eyes flicking back to Mesec. Then they widened, the words dying in my mouth. Fuck.

Fuck.

What did I name you?.

I knew I named you, like I could just remember the feeling of actually giving you a title. But my mind was open and blank; there was nothing substantive to grab onto, other than the idea “yes, I’ve given him a name, and I’ve totally forgotten about it”. I felt something cold and sticky slide down my throat, into my stomach. I forgot your name. I forgot the name I gave you. All I could come up with was that it had a chuh sound in it. Chuh, chuh…. chuh--what?.

And through all this trauma going on through my head, you just sat on my face, looking up at me with a grin in your eye that I didn’t see for being the devious little thing that it actually was.

Chuh…. I said slowly, my brow cocking a little in confusion as I tried to spit out my companions name that I fucking gave him. “Chuh…uh…Chhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiico? I answered/asked, my gaze flickering crossed again to get your approval.

And you were just there, looking at me.

Smiling away.

Okay, fuck it, your name’s Chico. And there was the sunlight again.

@[Mesec]

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
Born by Lightning - by Roskuld - 03-16-2015, 03:15 PM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Mesec - 03-22-2015, 12:47 AM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Roskuld - 03-22-2015, 10:23 PM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Mesec - 03-26-2015, 07:15 PM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Roskuld - 03-28-2015, 11:50 AM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Mesec - 04-05-2015, 05:58 PM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Roskuld - 04-07-2015, 10:36 AM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Mesec - 04-12-2015, 08:56 PM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Roskuld - 04-17-2015, 11:02 AM