the Rift

[OPEN] Born by Lightning

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

He was grinning too, when she said it back, and didn’t mind that she wasn’t looking at him when she said it. That didn’t matter, but the smile and the words did. Maybe this right here was why Mesec found it so easy to remember the good things about his life in the Foothills and forget the bad, when he only seemed to remember the bad about everything else. He was picking and choosing which memories were the strongest and it was showing in how he interacted with others, how he was making decisions.

But at least, whatever else, there was love here.

As he responded to her question about where she was living, Mesec shifted where he lay but made no more move to stand than she did. Not yet, anyway. “I’m living in the Throat, of all places. Everywhere else… the Foothills turned into the Falls, the Basin has some bad memories and I think my father, and… my Mother is in the Edge.” Mesec knew all these reasons for avoiding the other herds but when he spoke them outloud to Ros, he began to frown. As the words came out he realized that he was developing a serious habit of avoiding his problems or situations that might be uncomfortable.

No Basin because of the memories he had there, because he was pretty sure d’Artagnan and any number of his siblings might still be living there and he hadn’t seen them since he had broken Aviya’s horn when they fought before he fled.

No Falls because he was afraid that it would feel strange living in the ruins of the Foothills without those that had made that herd a home.

No Edge because he was unwilling to face his mother in the wake of everything that had happened. What could he even say to her beside demand the same question that everyone had already asked her - why?

A lot of negativity, a lot of reasons why not which made him feel uncomfortable. So after this realization he quickly added “And I had some friends in the Throat that were happy to let me stay.” It was true: Ampere lived there and he did not mind admitting that her presence had been a considering factor when he had made the trek south looking to be accepted into the herd. “If you want, you could come visit sometime. Everyone’s pretty nice.” He wouldn’t pressure her into joining the herd, if Ros wanted to she would and he didn’t think any words from him would persuade her one way or another. “Chico would probably like the sun after being nearly drowned today.” The rain seemed unwilling to let up even for a moment and Mesec wondered if he’d end up spending the night here, taking shelter in this strange structure and napping through the storm until it finally broke.

@[Roskuld]
I’m trying to find my direction home, ______________
A question of space, a matter of time, _______
I follow the stars until the first light.

image by jjjj56cp at flickr
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Born by Lightning - by Roskuld - 03-16-2015, 03:15 PM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Mesec - 03-22-2015, 12:47 AM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Roskuld - 03-22-2015, 10:23 PM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Mesec - 03-26-2015, 07:15 PM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Roskuld - 03-28-2015, 11:50 AM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Mesec - 04-05-2015, 05:58 PM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Roskuld - 04-07-2015, 10:36 AM
RE: Born by Lightning - by Mesec - 04-12-2015, 08:56 PM