Chastity had no hold on you
Gleaming trumpets in royal bands, flighty music

xoxo Hotaru

World's Edge: 0/4
Dragon's Throat: 0/3
Hidden Falls: 0/3
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Verlaine Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Verlaine protects herself.
Note:Since she hasn't been accepted IC to the World's Edge yet, I'm treating this as she's still considered an outcast.

Foreshortened heavens - Short in height
Mimicry of ancient tyranny - Vicomtesse as mentioned on profile. If you research in what a Vicomtesse/Vicomte, it's a nobility rank of France.
France experienced tyranny in the radical phase of the Revolution, during which nobility of the old order were imitated and later beheaded
Chastity had no hold on you - Profile mentions that she takes various lovers
Gleaming trumpets in royal bands, flighty music - Royal could refer to her Vicomtesse rank, flighty as in she's likely to flee things that don't hold much mind to her after a perfomance(reference to music?)

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
Hotaru smiles and flicks her hand dismissively. "Not today, love."

Verlaine is safe.

Plot with me here!

Eurybe Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Eurybe protects herself.

Foreshortened heavens - height ref
Mimicry of ancient tyranny - history ref
Chastity had no hold on you - has an estranged lover.
Gleaming trumpets in royal bands - Was a princess

xoxo Hotaru

Argen Posts: 37
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Equine :: 16 hh :: Four years HP: 68 | Buff: NOVICE
Solomon :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Fire Breath Time
Argen protects himself.

Foreshortened heavens
Mimicry of ancient tyranny -- Grandson of Tyradon and Great Grandson of Terrador.
Chastity had no hold on you -- NOT A VIRGIN. tried to bang Muriel.
Gleaming trumpets in royal bands, flighty music -- royal bronze dragon

We are the long forgotten sons
And daughters that don't belong to anyone
We are alone under this sun
We work to fix the work that you've undone
</style>

please tag argen in all posts

Hotaru rolls her eyes. "No, no. Come now, try a little harder!"

Eurybe and Argen are safe.

Plot with me here!
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas defends his mate, Africa is safe

Foreshortened heavens // Africa is a pegasus but lost a wing.
Mimicry of ancient tyranny // um.idk. did Africa (the continent) have tyrants?
Chastity had no hold on you // Africa was chaste until she slept with Midas and had a baby.
Gleaming trumpets in royal bands, flighty music // Africa was royalty and she slept with a (golden) Midas (royalty), is known for having a flighty personality
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Hotaru rolls her eyes. "I know how strict a guard you keep on your pet."

Africa is safe.

Plot with me here!

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee
Foreshortened heavens -short & heavenly/angelic-esque appearance
Mimicry of ancient tyranny -she's tyrannical
Chastity had no hold on you -not a virgin. has slept with rosti, voodoo, & silk
Gleaming trumpets in royal bands, flighty music -gold like traditional trumpets? pegasus reference

aurelia is safe

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Hotaru growls. "You're already mine on the battlefield, sister."

Aurelia is safe.

Plot with me here!

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
Foreshortened heavens
Mimicry of ancient tyranny - she is old
Chastity had no hold on you - she's got 2 daughters
Gleaming trumpets in royal bands, flighty music - royalcompanion

Mirage blocks herself.

Hotaru shakes her head. "No, I don't need you, ghost."

Mirage is safe.

Plot with me here!
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas defends Rasta

Foreshortened heavens -- 14.3 HH, Foreshortened means to see things from a different angle & Rasta is blind
Mimicry of ancient tyranny -- Once led a herd & was the ancient leader of it
Chastity had no hold on you -- Forced breeding that resulted in miscarriage along with a pregnancy that resulted in the loss of her child during war
Gleaming trumpets in royal bands, flighty music -- trumpets are bronze like Rasta's crown & she has been somewhat "flighty" in that she has travelled from her home land to Helovia & from the Throat to the Hidden Falls
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Hotaru shakes her head. "Not this time."

Rasta is safe.

Plot with me here!

Blu the Bootyful Posts: 443
Administrator atk: 99 | def: 99 | dam: 99
Mare :: Other :: 5'7" :: 25 HP: 99999 | Buff: TWERK
Blu
Please note, HF has only 2 guesses based on their herd count. Admin are discussing whether the stealth will be held to that correct 2 guess, or whether it will be given 3 guesses as the thief wrote in their OP.
 HP: 1100

Helovia Hard Mode

Blu
Herds will be held to their actual count and it is their responsibility to ensure the numbers provided by thieves are correct.

Helovia Hard Mode

MIDAS was sought!

Foreshortened heavens
--- "Foreshortened heavens" - Foreshorten means something is closer or farther than it appears, heavens is an easy spiritual/death term. This refers to his immortality/ascended status and his faith. On one hand foreshortened heavens can mean 'death' is far away due to his immortality, but also the reverse foreshortened 'close' because of his spirituality and close relationship with the Earth God
--- Mild pun/wordplay on the word short, which many people seemed to guess, because he's a shortstack ;P

Mimicry of ancient tyranny
--- Title clue, Midas is a Czar which is a foil or "mimicry" to Csar, a tyrannical ruling of the old (ancient) Soviet Union

--- Midas is considered to be a very holy man, very spiritual. Holy men and women generally are chaste, Midas is a "holy" or religious man but has a lot of kids both blooded and adopted, one of which is very recent with Africa

--- "Wings ► Swan wings, the tips are dipped in gold" Usually wings are not specifically stated on a pegasus profile, but Midas has swan wings. The two main types of swans are Trumpet swans and Royal swans. Flighty is an allusion/aid to thinking on the line of flight and wings which would lead to the type of wings, but also can be a pegasi reference.
--- Trumpets are usually a brassy, golden color, which is a main part of Midas' color scheme. Its connection to the 'wing' portion of the line also refers to the 'tips dipped in gold'

Plot with me here!

Odd the doer of things Posts: 115
Administrator atk: 23 | def: 42 | dam: 108
Mare :: Other :: 5"2 :: 27 HP: 108 | Buff: badass
Odd
Foreshortened heavens
--- "Foreshortened heavens" - Foreshorten means something is closer or farther than it appears, heavens is an easy spiritual/death term. This refers to his immortality/ascended status and his faith. On one hand foreshortened heavens can mean 'death' is far away due to his immortality, but also the reverse foreshortened 'close' because of his spirituality and close relationship with the Earth God
--- Mild pun/wordplay on the word short, which many people seemed to guess, because he's a shortstack ;P

+1| I did get both sides of this. At first I thought of short and heavens, which made me think that the relationship to the heavens was close - I thought of immortality or a relationship with the Gods as well as being short in stature.

--- Title clue, Midas is a Czar which is a foil or "mimicry" to Csar, a tyrannical ruling of the old (ancient) Soviet Union
+1 | Mimicry: the action or art of imitating someone or something, typically in order to entertain or ridicule.. I actually really liked this one. I think it was a very creative way of stating Midas' position as Csar. I liked 'mimicry' since Midas isn't a csar in the political understanding of the word, but since he is also so kind, it really is an entertaining and ridiculous title.

--- Midas is considered to be a very holy man, very spiritual. Holy men and women generally are chaste, Midas is a "holy" or religious man but has a lot of kids both blooded and adopted, one of which is very recent with Africa

+1| I didn't pull the religious overtones, but the lots of kids clue was spot on.

--- "Wings ► Swan wings, the tips are dipped in gold" Usually wings are not specifically stated on a pegasus profile, but Midas has swan wings. The two main types of swans are Trumpet swans and Royal swans. Flighty is an allusion/aid to thinking on the line of flight and wings which would lead to the type of wings, but also can be a pegasi reference.
--- Trumpets are usually a brassy, golden color, which is a main part of Midas' color scheme. Its connection to the 'wing' portion of the line also refers to the 'tips dipped in gold'

+1 Once I got 'flighty' I immediately connected with trumpeter swans. The gold was good as well as royal.

PASS from me.

Blu
PASS

Foreshortened heavens
+1| [Religious ref] Definitely picked up on a spiritual character with this clue, which not only applies to Midas, but especially does given his ascended status as you said. He is also short :P

0| [Rank ref] Although your explanation makes sense, looking at this clue with face value it made me think of someone who pretends to be a tyrant, is tyrannical in some manner, or mimics in some manner, none of which really seem to suit Midas and is in fact rather opposite of his gentle nature which almost led me to count this as misleading. However since the description of the clue is wholly applicable to Midas' rank, and I just failed to make the connection, then I've decided it counts as a 0 for me. What would have made this a +1 is if the clue had helped direct a bit further towards rank, albeit that's the line you always toe in stealths with being just vague enough that it's not guessed. Also I believe you meant tsar not csar (at least google redirected me to tsar) ;)

+1| [Lineage ref] Yep, he has kiddos!

+1| [Color ref] Your wing ref is definitely on point, but it was the color ref that I really picked up on in this clue.

3/3 necessary to pass

This was a great stealth, just the one clue I struggled with. Unfortunately you had a lot of passable parts, but since you lumped several references into one clue, I can only give each clue a single score - of course the benefit to lumping references inside one clue is to ensure that clue does pass in the event one of the references is judged a failure within the clue. Overall I know several people had guessed this was Midas so that helped show to me that this stealth was solvable. Great clues though, you do a great job of providing awesome reveals and arduous clues!

Helovia Hard Mode