the Rift

[OPEN] Home

Grimalkin Posts: 50
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 7 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: 4 HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Whit
The hound placed more distance between them, and Grimalkin did his best to remain indifferent about it - though he was inwardly relieved. Sharp teeth and coiled muscles on a carnivorous appetite weren't something he wanted to get on the wrong side of, despite his curiosity behind the bond that clearly existed between these strange creatures and their hooved counterparts, Grimalkin was happy for the distance. Maybe he could observe a bond between a more friendly creature? One that was less likely to bite his face off if he leaned too close to it?

He wondered if anyone was bonded to a goldfish.

The glass-horned mentioned more of the Basin, and the chocolate was placed on guard slightly - how did he know? Was he a spy, an agent against his home? Stiffness rolled down his spine, coiling his own muscles, his instinct already strong with the need to protect and defend his home.

But then he keeps speaking, and confirms something more optimistic - he is the Doctor, a herdmate, a comrade - a potential friend or ally perhaps? Grimalkin's grin widens as he welcomes the news, his crown dipping in acknowledgement to the steed who for all intents and purposes was his senior in rank and expertise.

"I've seen but one season within its chilly walls, though I hold hopes to see many more." Warm tones responded, confirming that he had not been a part of the herd for overly long. He didn't quite understand the allure of the lands or those within it, but he allowed himself to be pulled towards them nonetheless. His curiosity was piqued once again as d'Artagnan referred to his companion as a guard, and he had to wonder just what was it guarding? His body, his mind, his soul? All of them? Something else entirely? One day he would find out for himself, that was a certainty.

"Shall we keep going towards home, ser? I wouldn't want to keep you any longer from your caves." A friendly, slanted smile pulled at his lips as he gestured and turned back towards their home, his bulky form making the motion seem fluid and purposeful. His exploration can be commenced another day - perhaps he would learn something more useful from this steed.

"I fear I do not know as much as I would like about the land I in. Might you know some tidbits of information, some tales or lore of how it came to be?"

@[d'Artagnan]
Grimalkin

ali00p | larfsalot
on deviantart

please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
I write what I feel at the time
and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
Home - by d'Artagnan - 03-20-2015, 12:53 PM
RE: Home - by Grimalkin - 03-25-2015, 02:39 AM
RE: Home - by d'Artagnan - 03-26-2015, 07:05 PM
RE: Home - by Grimalkin - 04-02-2015, 07:11 PM