the Rift

[OPEN] Mercy Killing or, uh, Thrilling [Welcoming]

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki
OH, THE DESERT DREAMS OF A RIVER THAT WILL RUN DOWN TO THE SEA

Najya feels the weariness of the journey in her bones, but the adrenaline and excitement dulls the ache. She does not have to wander any longer, nor does she want to. Now she has a place that she can hopefully come to call home. The little mare is encouraged by what she hears – by what she sees – and by the promise of a future far brighter than the one she left behind in the shifting sands. Najya is careful to copy Thor’s motions over the shattered glass, mindful of the sharp shards. She lifts her feet carefully as her eyes wander over the glass, for she cannot help but wonder how it came to be here. However, it is best to be careful…calling for a healer would not be the best first impression.

The little mare takes comfort in his words that maybe finding a new home and a new family will not be such a great difficulty after all. The very fact that he refers to his herdmates as brothers and sisters – something so simple on the surface – is something that holds great significance to her. And if she could have, she would have blushed at his praise. “I know the healing will come in time. I just thank you for that opportunity. Truly. I honestly hope that I can find a new family here, and I am very pleased to have found a new friend in the process.” Perhaps it is overstepping or saying too much. But Najya is nothing if not honest. She offers him a smile before he continues, describing how life works here in the Edge.

“I think,” she begins, as her thoughts finally catch up to her words, “That I would very much like to be a storyteller – a philosopher – for that is truly where my heart and my passions lie. However, if the situation should ever arise where the healers would need assistance I would be more than happy to offer my services. I don’t have a vast knowledge – but I know some remedies of my mothers, and I am familiar with the art of healing in general. Would it be considered overstepping if I were to do such a thing?” She looks to Thor for guidance, knowing by now that the answers will soon follow.

The prospect of having a role in a larger herd once more is comforting and gives her weary soul peace. For too long has she wandered, and for far too long before that did she feel like she was put on a pedestal that she was vastly undeserving of. Such routine and normalcy would be a nice trade after the past troubled months (and preceding year) of her young life. No longer did the burdens of an underserved crown rest upon her shoulders. She had no family here – she had no family left. She only had herself; her flesh; her bones; her spirit. And she would not be broken. She would be reborn in this new world in this new place and find herself again.

LIKE MY HEART LONGS FOR AN OCEAN TO WASH DOWN OVER ME
Lines By: x || Tags: @[Thor]
[OOC: UGH THIS TOOK FOREVER. sorry D: work week from hell killed me. but i'm alive even though this is poopy. :( ]

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mercy Killing or, uh, Thrilling [Welcoming] - by Najya - 04-07-2015, 10:36 PM