the Rift

[DROP] Healing, Learning, and Heat [SUN DROP]

Cirrus Posts: 233
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 :: 8 HP: 69 | Buff: SWIFT
Whit
The call of her patron God was something she would never ignore. Too long she had been a part of his lands, felt his fire burn through her body as she directed it to heal others, used his light to guide her home, warm her in the midst of winter, light the way through her darkened soul. Though the burden of her memories had recently been altered somewhat, the gaping hole within her soul was still there - and would always be there. The girl would never fill it, never bond to another soul the same way she had held Sitka's soul within her own. It defied the metaphysics of the realm, and the girl knew it was never to be resolved by seeking another companion.

But the brilliant light of the Sun Lord could illuminate that darkness within her, it could burn it away, offer her something else to focus on, to hold and love and worship. As his pillar of flames ascended into the skies above, the girl winged her way north from her home, urging the winds to push her faster, higher, towards the beacon that was her Lord. Cerulean pools alighted upon him and she called a joyful song, greeting him as one would greet a friend and comrade. Her hooves touched upon the rocky land that existed above the Caves, and before she could truly voice her greeting she was hushed by his titanic voice, his swift and just command - and the girl would not disobey.

Quietly she leaned forward, peering into the illusion crafted by his magic - an illusion, she might have realised had she been thinking of it, that was similar to the one that crawled across her hide. The girl was the colour of the Sun, rimmed by the deep blue-black that stained her legs and hair, a brilliant golden glow that encompassed (nearly) everything the Sun Lord embodied. As her eyes touched upon the illusion, she gasped a sudden intake of breath, and almost pulled back with fear at what she saw, but her resolve to not waver before her mighty Lord held her fast to her position. How was this possible?

"I see him, smiling at me. I see myself, and the vacant darkness that is within me. And now, he is changing and the darkness is lifting, but I…?" Her final sentence trails off, the question left unspoken. The girl saw her Sitka, his smile warming her in ways she had not felt since his departure. Then she had recognised herself beside him, shaded by the abyss that existed within her heart. Then, Sitka had changed, transforming into a stallion with broad wings and sapphire pools - but it was not possible, what she had seen after that, surely? A question behind her eyes, she looked at her Lord, wondering at what it all meant, tremoring from the potential, the possibility of it all.

487 words
Cirrus looks into the illusion and sees Sitka smiling at her. Then she sees herself, as she is, broken and filled with darkness in Sitka's absence. Then Sitka transforms into the image of Kaj, and she sees Kaj's light illuminate herself, but does not know how to explain this to the Sun God in just 3 sentences as she is too full of questions herself.
wishlist
Seeking:
6/22/14:: [Magic: LightxWater | Able to imbue the rain with healing powers. Healing occurs through the touch of the water onto a wound, or if drunk, can also purify/heal the body from the inside-out.]
Prior refusals: 1 2
Cirrus
the Wind Dancer
sxc.hu | larfsalot
as changing as unforgiving as the wind, as bitter and chilling as the cold, as warm and deadly as the heat

• I enjoy being tagged.

• please do not feel pressured into mirroring the length of any of my posts
    I write what I feel at the time
    and hope everyone else does the same c:

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Healing, Learning, and Heat [SUN DROP] - by Cirrus - 03-24-2015, 09:34 PM
    RE: Healing, Learning, and Heat [SUN DROP] - by Diesel - 03-27-2015, 02:16 AM