the Rift

[DROP] Healing, Learning, and Heat [SUN DROP]

Najya Posts: 90
Dragon's Throat Alchemist atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 7 (Tallsun) HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
A'mal :: Plain White Dragon :: Shock Breath Kiki
OH, THE DESERT DREAMS OF A RIVER THAT WILL RUN DOWN TO THE SEA

Najya had been exploring when the flames had captured her attention. The decision to find the source had not been a conscious decision. Her legs were moving before she even realized she had made up her mind to follow the fire. She made her way carefully, still unfamiliar with so much regarding this place. Gold disks tinkled like bells as she drew herself back down to a walk before the Sun God and those who had been called. A sense of profound awe washed over her. Never did she imagine that she would set eyes on one of the Gods. And yet, here she was, standing before him.

Najya said nothing and, instead, waited her turn to peer into the illusion the Sun God had created. It seemed the images that it conjured varied greatly. Would she see something from her past? A manipulation of the present? A vision of the future? After only a moment she decided it was better just to clear her mind and allow herself to live in this moment without theorizing about the outcome.

She stepped forward when it was her turn and offered a small dip of her head to the Sun God before staring down into the illusion. For a moment the image burned her eyes before settling into a distinct picture. It was so clear – so pristine – clearer than any dream.

“I see a strange mist rolling over an unfamiliar desert in the early hours of dawn. The mist is comprised equines, familiar shapes from legends and history…and from my own life,” she hesitates, for the briefest of moments, as she struggles to process what it is she is seeing. She sees the legendary figures she has heard so much about. She sees her ancestors amongst them. And she sees…her own family. All figures made of the morning mist, but the shapes that have been produced by this fog are unmistakable. “I think that the shapes are of those that have departed, and that it means that my family,” she pauses as the hurt rolls through her but she has known from the beginning this was a very real possibility, “is gone.” The image was a combination of Najya’s greatest love and greatest fear – having the opportunity to see the creatures of legend she’s learned so much about and confirmation of what she feared most. The invaders had taken her family before they had come for her in the foothills. They were the first line of defense…and they had fallen before she had any inkling of trouble.

She was uncertain if what she was seeing was some reflection of reality, or if it was just an illusion. Regardless, the pain was real. The fear was real. Yet she was determined not to let these feelings overwhelm her.

All of her energy went into holding the pieces together; keeping her composure in the company of the Sun God and the others that had come to stare into the illusion pool. She could not break. She would not break. She repeated it in her head like a mantra as she stepped back from the edge and allowed the next to take their place and stare down the sun.

---

Word count: 534
Summary: Najya sees a misty, pre-dawn desert. The mist forms the shape of deceased horses – both those of legend as well as her ancestors. Among the shapes, she sees her family, who were left behind in her homeland when she fled to Helovia. This combines Najya's greatest love (legends, stories) and her greatest fear (losing those she loves).
Wishlist: link
Seeking: Magic: Light x Time - Ability to create scenes and figures made entirely of light in order to physically project stories and legends.
No prior refusals (also new :3)

LIKE MY HEART LONGS FOR AN OCEAN TO WASH DOWN OVER ME
Lines By: x || Tags:

Please tag NAJYA in all replies. 
Force & magic are permitted, but please check before inflicting serious injury.
Thank you!
pixel base

Messages In This Thread
RE: Healing, Learning, and Heat [SUN DROP] - by Najya - 03-26-2015, 01:12 AM
RE: Healing, Learning, and Heat [SUN DROP] - by Diesel - 03-27-2015, 02:16 AM