the Rift

[DROP] Healing, Learning, and Heat [SUN DROP]

Diesel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: 2dtakqb.jpg]
DIESEL
Scream for Me

Of course I can follow Colt all day long, but what fun is that? None at all, and I tire of company that I cannot torture. So I left her side and have stumbled off... elsewhere. My wanderings - slow, meandering, but unrelenting - are leading me to somewhere.. hot. Sweat starts to accumulate on my coat and a shine takes over. I wish perhaps that I were shaved bare so that I may avoid the sun's hot gaze. With each step I take I get hotter, and soon it becomes apparent that it's not just the sun, but the ground that heats me as well. Lava rock and steam surround me, but I am not quite sure what to call the area that I am.

Suddenly a burst of light, no, flame, spirals up into the sky. My ears tip forward and head bobs with intrigue. I increase my pace, striding toward what appears to be a gathering around... a God. This should be interesting. He commands that none should speak, and instead peer down into a hole covered with some strange film. I move forward with the others and rich green eyes look at the membrane. I glance at the others and listen quietly as they speak. Each of them has some sort of great emotional response. Most seem to be in pain, at odds with what they see. There are a few, however, who view something joyful.

At first I am not sure what I see, with ambiguous shapes moving but not forming. An emotion takes hold: it is like a torrent of power and energy surging through me, and there is no way to stop it even if I wanted to - an adrenaline rush. The shapes merge to one. A unicorn screaming, falling to its knees in pain. It bears wounds of all kinds: burn marks, deep puncture wounds, lacerations, bruises. Suddenly I am in pain, but it only brings me higher, so high that I cannot see the bottom where I started. I am peaking, and I feel pain and power and ALIVE. The unicorn is sliced open along the gut, its insides beginning to pool beside it. It is dying where it lies and I cannot help but want it to live. I want it to live so its suffering goes on.

Suddenly the image is gone. There are no shapes and the emotions I feel are only what remain from the vision. I step back, realizing that the sweat I wear has only increased, soaking me through, and I am gasping for air. My nostrils flare as my lungs expand almost to bursting. A strange sensation runs through me and I look down to see a drop of blood on the ground - it has fallen from my own muzzle, a nose bleed. I look to the God, my eyes wide and wild. "I have seen the suffering of the impure, of the wicked." Colt would be proud as I recite what must be her mantra. It is a good shroud with which to hide my true intentions. "I have reveled in this suffering and become more alive than I thought possible. If I had ever maintained a doubt, such misgivings have been thoroughly and violently swept from my mind." And it has left me thirsty for the things that are taboo, forbidden in respectful company. I want to see the suffering, but even more so, I want to be the conductor orchestrating it with every small twitch of my baton. It is my symphony and I am desperate, frantic to hear the music.

598 words
Summary: Diesel sees a unicorn being tortured, then dying. He gets an adrenaline rush from it and starts to experience psychosomatic pain, which sends him even higher like a drug rush. When he steps back he only wants to go torment innocent little children. (Or anyone really.)
Wishlist with one extra VOTG roll from my prize list.
[Magic: Light x Dark | Can cause illusions in the minds of others that makes them experience their greatest fears]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Healing, Learning, and Heat [SUN DROP] - by Diesel - 03-27-2015, 02:16 AM