the Rift

[OPEN] Headhunter [welcoming]

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

Saffron
you exist in TIME, but belong to ETERNITY

I won't say I'm smug about my collection.. but I'm smug. It doesn't show on my face, it doesn't show in my eyes, and it doesn't show in the way I walk. Nothing lies on the outside to betray my great satisfaction. Pride is one of the seven deadly sins, but I wear it like a crown. In tow I have two fillies - Tora and Himitsu. After little more discussion, they agreed to follow me to the Basin, the home of the superior unicorn herd. I'm not sure that Deimos will be particularly pleased that I brought home two children, but he will be pleased at their unicorn 'state'. And they are young enough, perhaps they can be molded into the mindset most desirable to the King and Queen. It matters not to me, except to put myself in good favor with the leaders. If they consider me their loyal subject, I can count on them more than if I were just another soul within their borders. There's more that I can ask for, push for.

I approach the Sentinels, more or less ignoring their presence as they are no threat to me as an accepted and known member of the Basin. I glance over my shoulder at the fillies. "I am sure you feel no fear, but all the same I shall tell you to not be afraid. The Sentinels only hurt foreigners, intruders." I turn back and continue my path, passing the towering unicorn-shaped Sentinels. The Basin is warm in the day, but not unpleasantly so. You might say that I live here in the Basin as much for the climate as anything else. Having a thick coat, I can survive in most climates but I much prefer the cool. I chuff, hoping that either Ophelia or Deimos are near without me having to go searching for them. There's a sort of approval process that goes on and it would do no good to assume that I'm skipping or disregarding the rules.

I stop and turn to face the children. "Deimos is the King, Ophelia the Queen." I look them over as I sit down, wrapping my tail around my hindquarters. "When you see them, mind your manners." A small snarl of warning. Make sure these young whippersnappers have some respect. (Of course, I am also young, but old enough to boss them around!)

""
396 words
@[Tora], @[Himitsu], @[Deimos], @[Ophelia]

Image | Table by Tamme
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Tora Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Himitsu had decided for the both of us that we were following the striped feline back to the Basin before I had a chance to stick anymore of my hooves in my mouth. A talent I was quite good at, it seemed that not everyone liked an overly confident princess who knew she was meant to be a Queen one day. But I listened to Itsu quite well, and so I found myself walking along a trail of mountains growing further and further away from sea level and closer and closer to the eerie looking clouds that billowed at the peaks. Maybe the feline was bringing us to our deaths rather than to a herd for how clear it was that I felt she was below us as she had no crown upon her skull. Dark features twisted to look over my painted shoulder at my twin to check in and see how the blind one was doing on this trek when Saffron's voice broke through the sound of our hooves hitting the rocky terrain. "I am sure you feel no fear, but all the same I shall tell you to not be afraid. The Sentinels only hurt foreigners, intruders." Turning back to face the front I find myself looking at the subject of the feline's words, massive hunks of metal shaped to look like unicorns stood on each side of a passage through the mountains. A smirk tugged at the corners of my soot stained kissers before I allowed my vocal chords to form words to describe the beings to my sister. "Imagine unicorns taller than any we have ever encountered made out of sheet metal." I spoke the native tongue of the land so the tiger wouldn't grow offended with our strange language, she was kind enough to offer us homes the least I could do was allow her to understand the words falling from my lips.
We continued on a little further down a passageway before our little trio stops and stands at the entry way of what I only assume to be the Basin. Or the prison in which the feline decided to bring us to instead. Midnight ears danced forwards while my eyes shifted around the horizon, taking in as much of the valley as possible before our guide spoke up once again. "Deimos is the King, Ophelia the Queen. When you see them, mind your manners." As she spoke she lowered to her haunches where her tail wrapped around massive paws that could have easily taken out one or both of us in our young age. Eyes pulled away from their trip over the horizon to look back at the striped cat, "What are you in the herd?" Genuine wonder laced my words as we stood there waiting for the arrival of the leads of this mysterious land. Was Saffron someone of great importance of the herd? Or simply a headhunter used to bring the population up some.

"talk talk talk talk "

Tag | @[Himitsu]
Words | 496
Translation |
Notes | e.e sorry, she didn't want to be written today so it's pretty forced

TORA
i've got feathers in my hair, i get high on hydroponic weed

VeerDesigns | venomxbaby | lucieg-stock

Himitsu Posts: 6
Up For Adoption
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 2 years old [Birdsong Birthday]
Adoptable
What a beginning to our tale. Led to our new home by a placid predator. Lambs being ushered home by the wolf. I can only imagine the grim parade that we appear to be. I am quiet as we walk. I listen to all that is said and all that is not. My thoughts are my company. It is only me and them as we try to read the empty spaces between words and those void of any speech.

Do the Sentinels live? My sister describes them as being of metal but the tiger, Saffron, also tells of how they will harm intruders. It seems to be that they are the Basin's protectors. Tora speaks of gleaming grandeur; standing strong and proud. Everything that unicorns should be. Could such things be no more than metal forged together? What decides if a being has a soul? Can a soul be present without life? If the Sentinels are quick to shield the herd then surely there is something there. My young heart cannot accept the fact that they are fueled my nothing more than mechanics.

I had not thought of Saffron's place in the herd. My head lowers to draw in her scent. Lifting my head I process her scent and I mull over the events of the past few weeks. For how long had my twin and I wandered the wilds to find this place? For how many nights had we shivered without a home? For how many days had we stumbled about searching for the wisps of a rumor fallen upon our young ears by none more than passerby?

In all of our time searching for the land that our hooves now rest upon neither of us had entertained the idea that we could be turned away. Still the thought does not rest on me long. For what reason would we be turned away? Tora is all that a strong filly should be; I am all that a filly isn't thought to be, but that is not to say that I am without perks. Tora thinks us to be royalty. Often she has voiced her opinion on the matter. She did so even from a younger age. Perhaps it is merely her conviction that has rubbed off on me but I do think we are a paired opportunity that the Basin should and will jump on.

"What will we be to the herd?" I will not be dead weight. Nor will I be cast aside to be no more than a citizen. I will only be in a place where I will be allowed meaning. I am an all or nothing kind of girl.

Sarcastic words form and are ready to whip out whenever Saffron advises us to mind our manners whenever we "see" the Queen or King of this land. I will see none. Does that mean I don't have to behave? A sly smile grows on my face at the thought but I nod at our guide's words letting her know I have listened.

@[Tora] @[Saffron] @[Deimos] @[Ophelia]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
I'll follow you out of the dark
I tried it my way but I keep fallin' apart
The world was in turmoil, and she had neglected her duties - some at least. So quickly she had become overwhelmed by the needs and desires of others. Traveling across Helovia had left little time to be home, and thus, when she entered, the last thing she expected as to be the one to greet and invite to strangers into their ranks. Ophelia blinked as she approached from behind, narrowing her strange, dual colored gaze at the group in front of her. Saffron, a tiger in their midst, had shown two strangers to the sentinels, stopping before the metal beasts that clicked and whirred even in their latent state.

The strangers were... interesting, to say the least. The painted filly was her height but thicker, eyes a natural, handsome brown. She seemed well rounded enough. Well spoken. Thoughtful. She was describing the sentinels to another, and a brief glance told her why. Ophelia wanted to recoil at the sight, but she remained steadfast, numb. In the place of eyes were two, gnarled horns, and she grimaced slightly, looking over the pair of (assumed) twins curiously. Obviously Saffron had brought them here for a reason, though that blind one needed significant help.

"I am Lady Ophelia," she said clearly, voice resonating with a humble power at the utterance of her title. "Why do you wish to join the Aurora Basin?" she asked, not interested in sugar coating any intentions. If they held the wrong idea about her herd, she would turn them around and send them on their way. Ophelia did not need to deal with any more negative and false rumors surrounding their mysterious and isolationist herd.

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren

Saffron
you exist in TIME, but belong to ETERNITY

The two fillies seem to mind their manners, and I cannot help but think that this was a good decision to lead them to the Basin. Of course they wanted to come here in the first place, but I decided it was decent to lead them. With their more sensible attitude I find them more pleasant to be around, and my body relaxes as I sit there, observing their reactions to the entrance of the Basin, the Sentinels, and awaiting the arrival of the King or Queen. Tora asks what place I hold in the Basin. Though I have no glorious role, at least I am not completely useless here. "I am a warrior here." I flash my fangs in a wide grin, enjoying the moment to emphasize the point.

They reflect on the Sentinels, showing the respect that they should. Before I can answer Himitsu's question, Ophelia appears, ready to deal with strangers in whatever way she may. I watch the pale queen tainted with red as she regards the strangers. 'Lady Ophelia.' It does have a prettier sound than 'Queen Ophelia'. She asks why they think they should join the Basin. Her inquiry resonates with me; I can certainly appreciate raising the bar for newcomers, rather than accepting them without a blink of an eye. I look at the children, remaining in my spot (though now Ophelia could handle the situation) so that I may hear their answers. Besides their arrogant, self-assured attitudes, what could these fillies offer an already powerful herd?

WC: 254
@[Tora]

Image | Table by Tamme
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.