the Rift

[OPEN] Headhunter [welcoming]

Himitsu Posts: 6
Up For Adoption
Filly :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 2 years old [Birdsong Birthday]
Adoptable
What a beginning to our tale. Led to our new home by a placid predator. Lambs being ushered home by the wolf. I can only imagine the grim parade that we appear to be. I am quiet as we walk. I listen to all that is said and all that is not. My thoughts are my company. It is only me and them as we try to read the empty spaces between words and those void of any speech.

Do the Sentinels live? My sister describes them as being of metal but the tiger, Saffron, also tells of how they will harm intruders. It seems to be that they are the Basin's protectors. Tora speaks of gleaming grandeur; standing strong and proud. Everything that unicorns should be. Could such things be no more than metal forged together? What decides if a being has a soul? Can a soul be present without life? If the Sentinels are quick to shield the herd then surely there is something there. My young heart cannot accept the fact that they are fueled my nothing more than mechanics.

I had not thought of Saffron's place in the herd. My head lowers to draw in her scent. Lifting my head I process her scent and I mull over the events of the past few weeks. For how long had my twin and I wandered the wilds to find this place? For how many nights had we shivered without a home? For how many days had we stumbled about searching for the wisps of a rumor fallen upon our young ears by none more than passerby?

In all of our time searching for the land that our hooves now rest upon neither of us had entertained the idea that we could be turned away. Still the thought does not rest on me long. For what reason would we be turned away? Tora is all that a strong filly should be; I am all that a filly isn't thought to be, but that is not to say that I am without perks. Tora thinks us to be royalty. Often she has voiced her opinion on the matter. She did so even from a younger age. Perhaps it is merely her conviction that has rubbed off on me but I do think we are a paired opportunity that the Basin should and will jump on.

"What will we be to the herd?" I will not be dead weight. Nor will I be cast aside to be no more than a citizen. I will only be in a place where I will be allowed meaning. I am an all or nothing kind of girl.

Sarcastic words form and are ready to whip out whenever Saffron advises us to mind our manners whenever we "see" the Queen or King of this land. I will see none. Does that mean I don't have to behave? A sly smile grows on my face at the thought but I nod at our guide's words letting her know I have listened.

@[Tora] @[Saffron] @[Deimos] @[Ophelia]

Messages In This Thread
Headhunter [welcoming] - by Saffron - 03-24-2015, 09:47 PM
RE: Headhunter [welcoming] - by Tora - 04-01-2015, 03:01 PM
RE: Headhunter [welcoming] - by Himitsu - 04-20-2015, 11:45 PM
RE: Headhunter [welcoming] - by Ophelia - 04-26-2015, 02:22 AM
RE: Headhunter [welcoming] - by Saffron - 04-28-2015, 07:42 PM