the Rift

» bubble toes [open to all]

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
On my way back from an unsuccessful recruiting outing, feeling like a failure. It's not that I lost Antinanco to another herd, just that I lost him. If I'm lucky, he'll find us in the Falls all the same, and we'll have a charcoal and flame colored addition to our ranks. But for now I am returning to the Falls empty-handed. Walking alone, I hope that soon I will be with Damaris, and she will soothe my agitation. The sun has set and I walk in the darkness in silence. The stars above illuminate, but the canopy of the forest dims their effect. A large exhale makes my nostrils flutter. My hooves thud against the ground and my head is parallel to the ground, ignoring all life around me.

So it isn't really that surprising (or shouldn't be) when I nearly run into some stranger. I come to an abrupt halt and my head jumps up as I blink in shock. Strangely enough, the pegasus mare looks familiar. (At least I think so, in this shallow light.) But I don't know her name. I cock my head and clear my throat somewhat awkwardly. "Hi.. uh.. don't we know each other? I saw you in the Falls but, I don't remember your name." Should introduce myself, dumbfuck. "Sorry, I'm Rostislav. Legatus. Where've you been? Haven't seen you in awhile." I back up and give her some breathing space, reorienting myself with where she stands and where the appropriate 'personal bubble' is. I'm sure she didn't expect to be greeted this way, and I could have been more smooth, more polite. I'm just as bad at greeting old herd members as I am at recruiting. "I apologize.. I'm pretty shitty at conversation. Especially small talk." An awkward laugh. I should just go home, but now that I've started the conversation I suppose I should stick to it. Maybe she'll forgive me for my blundering.

WC: 322
Tag: @[Irrydae]

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
» bubble toes [open to all] - by Irrydae - 03-26-2015, 12:57 AM
RE: » bubble toes [open to all] - by Rostislav - 03-27-2015, 12:24 AM
RE: » bubble toes [open to all] - by Archibald - 04-05-2015, 10:13 PM