the Rift

[PRIVATE] i have so much to say but you're so far away

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Just the beating of hearts, like two drums in the grey.

Archibald the Dauntless

& Loretta the Fierce

The girl gave her condolences, and Archibald could only nod. He had no words to offer her of thank you's, don't worry about it, or it's okay's. He was hurting, deep in his soul, and she knew that. Even in her young age she held wisdom beyond her years, something Ophelia had said Abraham possessed, and a flicker of pride jumped like a candle in his heart. Looking from the tree to the girl, Archibald listened as she spoke. In his mind, he saw Loretta pacing. She pulled to him from their bond, agitated that she was being forced to stay in the heat for so long. The Dauntless transmitted the images of the hybrid girl. The bitch grumbled and turned her heels, heading towards the cool, comfortable atmosphere of the World's Edge without her master. Archibald's jaw set with a touch of anger towards the dog, but he loosened it quickly. He did not want the youngling to think his anger was for her. It was not. She had done nothing, she was innocent.

She was hurting, too.

Although, she passed it off quickly. Her torch of sorrow was snuffed out and dismissed with not even a shake of her head or a drop in her voice. Archibald's brows knit and his face moved into a pained grimace. "It will devour you if kept locked away." It was a warning to the girl, a simple plea of a man who had walked years of life before her. Do not let it consume you. Do not become me. When Ranjiri referenced Ktulu in her question, Archibald looked away from her once more. He turned his body away from the tree and started moving away from the veins, away from the shrines. He bobbed his head and slung his shoulder forward. Follow me, walk with me he gestured, tail flicking against his strong hocks. "Your mother is with your aunt in the Aurora Basin. Ophelia is the Lady there, and together they are mourning. The bond between twins is something deep and not understood by non-twins." Archibald spoke of the bond between twins that was formed by being wombmates. He wondered if Ranjiri would be upset that Ktulu had gone to her sister and not to her child--but did Ktulu even know where Ranjiri was? Had it been the Constrictor's choice to keep her heart closed from her daughter, or a crime on innocence that would be able to be mended with time? There was not an ounce in the filly's voice that gave way to a resentment or anger towards her crimson mother, but Archibald assumed it nonetheless. "Do you have anyone else?"

art by shady

@[Ranjiri]

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
RE: i have so much to say but you're so far away - by Archibald - 03-31-2015, 10:36 PM