the Rift

[PRIVATE] i have so much to say but you're so far away

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Just the beating of hearts, like two drums in the grey.

Archibald the Dauntless

& Loretta the Fierce

Archibald moved carefully, slowly, his walk controlled and careful. He kept his ears on the girl as she moved with him, talking with him. His eyes, however, scanned the land before them. He planned to walk to a cooler, more comfortable place. It seemed that a great deal had happened in Ranjiri's life, and Archibald was curious to know about it. If this filly was anyone else the Dauntless suspected he would care less for her life, but she was Ktulu's daughter. He felt this girl close to his heart, one of his family. He would not release her so easily in the years to come. Flies bugged at Archibald's flanks and he swatted them off with his thick, plumed tail. Ranjiri asked her simple question, and Archibald frowned. It was a curious thing, but around this young hybrid the King did not veil his face to stone like he did with such normalcy in all other interactions. "I am a twin, indeed." Archibald started, voice low and calm. "My twin brother's name is Vincent. Unlike Ktulu and Ophelia, Vincent and I are identical in looks. The only difference between us is disposition, and it damn near makes us look completely different, we've been told."

Archibald's heart sputtered and panged as he spoke of Vincent. He had not seen the massive sibling in quite some time, and Archibald desired more than most things in his life for the equally as large stallion to rest easily at his side. He had not known any different until he came to Helovia--but, to Archibald's realization, he spent more of life away from Vincent than with him now at this age. It had been nearly five years since the twins stood inseparably. It was a blow to Archibald. He was meant to protect his brother, to guide him, to make life easier on the skittish brute. Archibald sighed, however, shaking the thoughts from his head as the filly continued their conversation.

Archibald had inquired if she had support, and what the filly gave him in response made an odd comfort rest in his belly. Her brother, Cera, was one that she listed. Archibald's eyes flickered to her with a silent question. Perhaps the boy she mentioned was Midas' son, for Archibald knew Cera did not come from Ktulu's womb. Surprise, however, widened Archibald's eyes. "You have a son? You're but a child." The statement was not meant to damn her or offend her, but it was merely a spittle of Archibald's thoughts. Her next supporter surprised the Dauntless as well, but he gave no quip. What would Ktulu think of such a stallion--the one who had been used to kill her son--being so close to her daughter?

art by shady

@[Ranjiri]

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Messages In This Thread
RE: i have so much to say but you're so far away - by Archibald - 04-12-2015, 03:35 PM