the Rift

devil dearest

Daemon Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

DAEMON

devil dearest

Hell, had it been a long year.

The stud's coat glistened with the light of the sun, clean for the first time in months as he emerged from the clear lake water. He shook the spare drops of water off of his spotted pelt, and looked towards the distant forest. He sighed, and in a relaxed pace, took towards the sight. The journey since departing from his father had been a long one. Despite the older stallions resentment towards Daemon, he still had a deranged sort of attachment to the last bit of his beloved that still remained after the events of Daemon's tragic birth. It always seemed like his sire was unhappy with his presence but unable to let him go. So he stole away and past the boundaries of anywhere he had ever seen while on the heels of his quietly bitter father.

With a swish of his locks, he took off into a gentle canter towards the forest. While he enjoyed the comforting camouflage of a fresh coat of mud, the feeling of running without the limiting shell on his coat was freeing.

He tried not to think he was running from his past, but rather towards a brighter future. Yet the bitterness in the first two minuscule years of his life made it difficult to not be ashamed of his actions. The emotional torment from his delightful father taught him that family was bigger than himself, and he was undeniably a sinner for unknowingly destroying his small family. Father dearest had ingrained this ideology into his fragile mind, and as he ran away from who had begrudgingly cared for him, he couldn't help the guilt that bloomed in the back of his mind like a noxious weed.

He ran until his pelt dripped with sweat, but finally the trees became clear. Daemon broke into a tentative trot, and crossed the tree line. His eyes became occupied with staring at the foliage above him, until he felt the ground begin to give out beneath him. He halted quickly and crossed his front end to the left, drawing his attention to the ground beneath him, where the dirt crumbled into a small swamp a few feet down, so small that he could see the other side but no way around. A snort escaped his lips, and he jumped into the murky water- so much for the cleanliness.

He lurked through the water, wondering what was beyond the reaches of these elderly trees. The air smelled different here, even in the depths of the swamp. The places he was used to reeked of rot and had no sounds of life; here the air smelled of sun and the warm breeze through the trees, and the sounds of birds and life bellowed from the trees. He made a mental note not to get his hopes up, but continued into the forest towards a hopefully brighter home.

Rostislav Posts: 245
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 7 (Frostfall) HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Damaris :: Common Hellhound :: Acid Lauren
Damaris runs ahead, her tail wagging as we enjoy the summer air. I trot along behind her, enjoying moving at a speed faster than a walk for the first time in forever. I shake my laden crown, freeing my tangled mane from the horns adorning my skull. I give a little (somewhat awkward) buck before returning to my ambling trot. She runs faster than I, and soon I've lost her to the forest. A loud barking alerts me to the stranger before I see him. 'Over here! Spotted unicorn.' And so she is right. I follow her voice to find a leopard spotted, antlered stallion walking through the Threshold. I clear my throat to get his attention and, assuming I have it, begin to speak. "Good day stranger! Welcome to the land of Helovia. I am Rostislav, of the Hidden Falls. What might I call you?" We do the whole introduction thing which I grow ever so tired of, but you'd never know it from my voice which remains upbeat. Damaris returns to my feet, lying down next to me. I hope that neither of us seems threatening to the stranger, but especially Damaris if he isn't used to seeing a hellhound. A breeze lifts through the trees and blows my mane about my face so that I must shake my head to see again. Doesn't the breeze know I'm trying to be HAPPY and FOCUSED right now? Of course not, it's wind! I bow my head in greeting, realizing that I'd forgotten this part. Manners, we are ALL about manners here.

WC: 262
Tag: @[Daemon]

Rostislav
more than a drunken fool
x - x

Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Rostislav excluding dismemberment and death.