the Rift

A friend in high places (Tamira)(CLOSED)

Tamira Posts: 60
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
RayoDeSoleil

A home at last?

Tamira genuinely appreciated Midas' directions as the traveled. The landmarks that the painted steed pointed out would surely help her in her future endeavors. The chocolate femme liked to know the lands of which she was apart, and had every intention to explore once settled. She hung to his every word, drinking in the knowledge that her companion had to offer. A question followed a lull in conversation. "Has your visit to this land been thus far pleasant?" How kind of him, to ask her of her travels. She smiled, her gaze shifting to look at him for a moment before once more taking in her surroundings.

Yes, a home at last.

"Well, I have only just arrived, after all, but yes, I suppose it has been pleasant thus far." Her tone was teasing bordering on flirtatious. A small laugh, the sound of an excellent mood, and then a real answer. "I have traveled quite some distance in search of a home. None of the lands I have visited have drawn me to them such as this one has." The air seemed to grow warmer as the pair trotted their way towards the desert. It was dry, though not entirely unpleasant. Heat was not abnormal for Tamira, though the heat she was used to was generally accompanied by moisture in the air. It was the kind of heat that clung to the body, that drained the energy. This heat was easier to deal with, and easier to travel in.

A beautiful land this is.

The view was clear as the ground turned to sand beneath her hooves, and the mare could see for miles - or so it seemed. Though new to the desert, she had heard tell of the tricks eyes could play in the heat-striken dunes. It was becoming evening, and as the bright orb of day lowered itself, a cool breeze drifted over the duo. In the distance, the oasis became visible - an emerald gem in a sea of dust. Sure enough, Midas spoke, "Here we are. Beyond the oasis is the ocean." At this, Tamira grinned happily. She loved the ocean, and had spent much time on coastlines in her recent travels. She pranced in place, arching her neck, excitement momentarily getting the best of her. Remembering herself, Tamira looked sheepishly at Midas, a bit embarrassed by her lack of control. "I spent many days along the coast as I traveled. I have found that I am quite partial to the ocean," she explained. "Do you visit the shore often?"

A beautiful land indeed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A friend in high places (Tamira) - by Tamira - 09-19-2012, 07:28 PM
RE: A friend in high places (Tamira) - by Midas - 09-24-2012, 03:50 PM
RE: A friend in high places (Tamira) - by Tamira - 09-25-2012, 08:17 PM
RE: A friend in high places (Tamira) - by Midas - 09-29-2012, 11:33 AM
RE: A friend in high places (Tamira) - by Tamira - 10-01-2012, 05:23 PM
RE: A friend in high places (Tamira) - by Midas - 10-04-2012, 07:26 PM
RE: A friend in high places (Tamira) - by Tamira - 10-06-2012, 02:00 AM