the Rift

A friend in high places (Tamira)(CLOSED)

Tamira Posts: 60
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 hh :: 6 (ages in Orangemoon)
RayoDeSoleil

Did I say something wrong?

The chocolate fae hadn't missed the stiffening of the painted stallion; but then it wasn't her place to ask him was caused his sudden discomfort. Her mind abuzz with fearful thoughts - if she'd said something, if she'd offended him, if he'd decided he didn't want her to stay - it was a chilling moment for Tamira, one that she tried valiantly not to portray on her delicate features. But then he stepped closer to her, and his breath on her shoulder warmed her considerably. She turned her warm gaze on him, orbs soft. She didn't remember if she'd ever been shown such kindness. It was a revelation.

Thoughts can run away with you.

"This herd keeps one busy, but I would like to go more often." She wanted to invite him to visit the beach with her, but something made her hold her tongue. She wasn't sure what it was, exactly - she had not idea of his mental turmoil - but when she had mentioned the beach, had become excited to visit it, he had seemed to become a little closed off. She sensed this was not a subject which he would wish to pursue, and in the time it took her to process this sense, he had changed the subject. "Has your heart decided upon this land as a permit home?" A smile crossed her maw, happiness emanating from her entire body. Perhaps she would get to know Midas and his thoughts on the ocean more intimately later, but for now it was enough that he wanted her to stay.

A permanent home...

And yet still, she was hesitant. What would happen when the herd learned of her affliction? What would happen when she blacked out again? And it was a certain thing; there were no ifs about it. She hadn't been able to escape it yet, and would likely never be able to do so. A slight sadness settled in her mind; her mixed emotions threatened to overcome her. The fae tried to decide the best way to voice her opinion without giving away too much; she would have told Midas if he had asked, if he had known what to ask. But he hadn't, and she wouldn't. Why jeopardize a perfectly good friendship? She was finding that she enjoyed his company, and she wouldn't want to run him off. "My heart would like nothing more," Tamira finally replied, her vocals soft.

Please let this be my permanent home.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A friend in high places (Tamira) - by Tamira - 09-19-2012, 07:28 PM
RE: A friend in high places (Tamira) - by Midas - 09-24-2012, 03:50 PM
RE: A friend in high places (Tamira) - by Tamira - 09-25-2012, 08:17 PM
RE: A friend in high places (Tamira) - by Midas - 09-29-2012, 11:33 AM
RE: A friend in high places (Tamira) - by Tamira - 10-01-2012, 05:23 PM
RE: A friend in high places (Tamira) - by Midas - 10-04-2012, 07:26 PM
RE: A friend in high places (Tamira) - by Tamira - 10-06-2012, 02:00 AM