the Rift

[PRIVATE] thunderbolts and lightning very very frightening

Aisling the Fae Posts: 112
Absent Abyss atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 13.1 :: 6 :: Birdsong HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Sorcha :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath Laine
Aisling

Aisling was lost, there was not denying it now. Though she was a wanderer at hart, and had often in her travels not know precisely where she was, she had never been truly lost before. Unease had been growing in the little mare as dusk had settled in around her and she had not crossed out of the green forest of the threshold and into the wide meadow to the west. Somewhere she must have taken a wrong turn for as night had cast its net upon her, Aisling found herself in a completely unfamiliar piece of forest. The place was in stark contrast to her normal dreamy home in the willow grove; with jagged pines pressing close around her and no moon to guide her steps terror was rising in her little heart.

It had started with the thunder, an ominous rumbling in the distance that grew with each passing hour. The mare should have bedded down, waited until morning to find her way out the gloomy woods, but her panic was feeding upon itself, triggering a desire to flee. She little white one, half blind in the dark of night, breathed heavily as she crashed through the underbrush. From every direction, the thick, dark limbs clung, pulling at her mane and tail, riging from the ground trying to trip her. Aisling throat was already sore from her panicked breaths and by the time the late summer skies opend into a torrential rain, she was sobbing in terror. Her mind, always eager to hear stories of dark an dangerous things when she was safe and warm, kept throwing those stories at her now. She was full of tales of haunted forests and dark spirits, the evil unseelie fairies and monsters and each one seemed to spring out at the little mare from every shadow as she sprinted blindly through the rain. A sudden crack of thunder echoed through the trees and lighting split the sky above. The flash of light illuminated her path for a flash and a great snarling beast was lunging for her! She pulled up with a piercing scream, rearing and throwing her body sideways from the path and landing in a mess of brambles that captured her and held fast.

"talk talk talk talk
Notes:So basically that scene from Snow White, lol. The “great snarling beast” is really just a scarred up old tree in spooky lighting 
Tags: @[Einarr]

Texture by monxcheri @ DA
[now come the days of the dreamer and they are filled with wonder and light ]
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Einarr Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 hh :: 8 years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Time
Einarr
Tonight I'll sign my blood on the leather and bleed together to find our own separate ways

The dark stallion moved along on his patrol, thunder clapping and lightning surging above his head. Darkness set in and covered the land in the storm. He was unafraid, his long legs carried him in an easy trot over the dark terrain. Red-brown eyes searched about, wings tucked in to his sides to protect them from grabbing bristles and burs. His coat was wet but he was warm, so his breathing came out in large puffs of mist from his nostrils. The stallion shook out his mane some, wet tendrils flying wildly. He was not amused to be patrolling alone in this weather, but he was not angered by it either. It was simply a burden, to be caught in a storm alone, with no safe way to fly home.

The dark man had a great respect for the strength of the sky--especially lightning--and would not test it by his own stubborn arrogance--for he would only come home, defeated, and most possibly dead. Lightning was a powerful adversary, and with the magic he saw teeming in these lands, he yearned to harness it. The desire was deep in his gut, clawing its way up towards his heart. He did not know it yet, but when the desire became overwhelming, hungry, devouring, he would actively stride to obtain this power.

A clack of lightning illuminated the forest,and followed quickly behind it, a scream. Finally, something exciting on his patrol! Quickly, Einarr whirled around and galloped towards the sound of the scream. It only took him a few strides before a panicked, flailing white body appeared in the distance. The dark warrior lowed some, as the white body was frantically running toward him. Stopping fully, Einarr thrust his wings out and popped up on his back legs, front cloven hooves just inches off the ground. "Stop!"

Image Credits

if you bury me, i'll bury you
pixel by sourful

Aisling

Aisling had never felt emotions by halves. So fanciful and childlike was she, still now even though her age should mark her grown, than any feeling once sparked had a tendency to run away with her. Now that the fear was in the little mare’s heart it would rule until something came to replace it and all she could do was run.

”Stop!”

The voice cracked like thunder, equal in power and terrible force to the tempest that rules the sky above. The little mare had fled from one beast only to meet another and this one was more fearsome that any other. Before her the hulking black shape loomed out of the surrounding darkness to block her path and in the flashes of harsh light, he was illuminated. He was bigger than any horse she’d ever seen, black as the moonless sky, a voice like the thunder and even a blaze of lightning crossed his face. A god of storms and war made flesh.

Terror did not leave the face of the little white girl, and her cloud-grey eyes grew wider still as she saw the stallion. Her legs froze, trying to stop but the momentum of her flight and the slick leaved and dirt under her hooves sent her sliding forward. Her skid left her coming to a hal only feet in front of where the god stood, For surely a god he was in the frantic workings of Aisling's mind.

For a second she could only stare for the breath she needed to scream seemed torn away by the shock. She began to tremble as she gasped for air, every muscle quaking from the tips of her ears to her muddy hooves. “Is féidir leis an bhfianaise na sióga maith liom chosaint ar.” the words were barely audible when she forced them out, breathy mutter and a frantic prayer. “Seas ar ais ó mo, scáth dorcha, agus a dhéanann dom aon dochar”

"talk talk talk talk
Notes: You’re a saint for waiting, This’ll be top priority for me <3
Translations:
Is féidir leis an bhfianaise na sióga maith liom chosaint ar. - May the light of the good fairies protect me.
Seas ar ais ó mo, scáth dorcha, agus a dhéanann dom aon dochar! - Stand back from me, Dark Shadow, and do me no harm!

:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Aisling in all posts ::

Time
Einarr
Tonight I'll sign my blood on the leather and bleed together to find our own separate ways

Lightning continued to crack periodically above them. The sky did not seem to have any relent in mind, at least not any time soon. All four cloven hooves hit the ground once more, but the inky man kept his wings stretched out. The darting white figure before him sputtered and stopped, eyes wide with fear. Mismatched colored nostrils flared as she spoke, her voice and body recognisable feminine in Einarr's eyes with their new, close proximity. Confusion and concern laced over his face as he took a step forward. He did not understand her words, for she spoke them in a foreign language. Even if she had spoken in the Helovian tongue, he was not sure he would have been able to understand her with the speed and panic with which she spoke. "Einarr cause no harm. Is his word!" He spoke, clearly and deeply, his tone meant to be a comfort. However, it was not much different than his normal, stone-like tone.

"Einarr help! Be still." The stallion took another step forward, turning his shoulder in some. He knew the act to be less threatening, and he had watched many stallions and mares accept each other with so much a the simple gesture. To add to it, Einarr stretched his massive wing out, lifting it some. He motioned with his muzzle, and he aimed to make his intentions very clear. He did not know why this mare was running crazy, but if Einarr could help fix it, he would do his best. It was his duty as a warrior, even if this mare was not a member of the Dragon's Throat. Protect and serve.

Image Credits

pixel by sourful

Aisling

The massive stallion seemed to hang for a moment in the air, power mirrored in the fierce sky, and Aisling only stared like a trapped rabbit in a hutch, who could no more run from a predator than fight it off. But then he spoke, and his voice did not carry the same anger that the storm held; it was deep and it was hard, but not angry. His use of the Helovian language seemed to work to make her think again. She was not at home, the dark faeries did not work the same magics here and this was no storm-god but a mortal despite his great size.

Her exertion still had her gasping for breath but as the seconds passed each draw on the air was slower, steadier than the last. The cloud of fear drew away from her vision and though her eyes remained wide and alert they lost their wildness. “Einarr…” The word was quiet as she tested in her mouth. He referred to himself strangely, perhaps not a native speaker, and she thought the idea of another foreigner was somewhat comforting. “I..I am Aisling.”The response was almost an instinct, it was good manners to offer your own name when given one, her mother had always said. He moved forward with a slight turn and the little mare cocked her head curiously. She was trying to think over the rushing in her ears and the still frantic beating of her heart. Though seconds had seemed to stretch the stallion’s gesture did wonders to make his good intentions plain to the mare. She was calming from the shock that he had cause, but the storm around still raged and another clap of thunder sounded. She jumped with a tiny squeak, and without any hesitation scurried around to tuck herself under the massive black feathers and peered out at the dark woods like a spooked filly, gravitating to the protection of a parent.

"talk talk talk talk

Time
Einarr

The storm raged above them with no sign of relent, and Einarr knew they needed to get out of this forest. If a stray bolt of lightning were to crash into one of these trees they would surely be goners. Einarr had no mind to be brought down by mother nature. If he was going to die, he was going to die fighting. If he did not die in battle, his soul would be trapped. He would not be able to enter into the Great Plain the sky, and that simply would not do.

The mare spoke her name, and Einarr strained to hear it above the crash of thunder. Suddenly she bolted herself beneath his wing. The massive brute held her tight, bringing his large wing down and in some. He turned his head to run the softest part of his muzzle down the side of her neck, whispering some semblance of a shh noise, meant to comfort her like he would a child. The stallion had never been the most compassionate, in fact, he was quite brutal and harsh in his judgements of life, but something about this mare brought it out in him. Perhaps it was because she reminded him of a child in her short stature and her fear-driven actions. A flash of Mordecai filled his mind, and quickly after the words of the Earth God rang.

"Aisling come with Einarr, find safety." The warrior nodded as he spoke, his voice still solid and matter of fact. Turning back to where he had come from, Einarr let his long legs guide him in the darkness. He pressed the white, pony mare against his side and under his wing as he walked. If there was one thing she could cling to for comfort it was his fearless steadfastness in the midst of this storm.

Image Credits

pixel by sourful

Aisling

To be out of the chilling rain was an instant relief, and that small comfort brought the sparks of hope back to the faerie mare. Still unsure, she peered out from under the massive wing of her new protector, back in the direction she had come from. The great snarling beast that had pursued her was illuminated in the flashes, but free of her panic now, shoe recognized only gnarled wood misleading shapes in the shadows. Aisling had always been a forest dweller. She loved the green and the shady seclusion of branches, misty forrest ponds and scampering creatures. Moving south from the Threshold she had homed to explore more of the area, but it was turning into quite the disappointment. Calmer now, she could write the place off as thoroughly wretched and hoped never to come this way again.

She nodded hesitantly when Einarr spoke, and kept herself pressed close as they moved, her steps small and quick to keep up with his lengthy stride. Her fully fledged panic might have been beaten back but the fury of the storm still made her nervous. And Einarr, she thought, unable to hold off such fanciful notions even at such a time, was the brave and gentle giant who rescued her from the savage skies. He was the mighty rock in the pitching sea and she clung to that. “Will you be knowing the way out of these awful trees then?” Her voice shook a little but to lilt of her homeland was still there.

"talk talk talk talk

Time
Einarr

The stallion pressed the mare close under his wing as he navigated out of the forest. His eyes strained to see the worn paths beneath their hooves, but the flashes of lightning that surged from the raging storm helped him see where he needed to take her. The stallion patrolled these lands well enough to know his way around, but the rains began to flood their path and he had to maneuver ways he had not sought during the day. "Einarr patrol these forests to protect Dragon's Throat." The stallion's words always sounded so matter of fact, and void of emotion, that it seemed he was programmed to be a robotic warrior for the herd. This, in its entirety, was not untrue, but it was misguided. Einarr had been raised in a tribe that honored the gods through warfare and battle. Protecting his herd and his rhojosor--his family--was exactly what Einarr was born to do. It seemed this duty had leaked over into his outside-of-herd activities. He felt a strange, broad desire to protect this woman at all costs. She was small, frightened, and (in his mind) completely defenseless to the world.

Much like Mordecai.

The Earth God's words and command for Einarr's quest suddenly flooded into his mind. The stallion nearly gasped from the realization, but just that. Instead, a small grunt of understanding left his dark lips. "Einarr on quest from Earth God. He need help others." He had not told anyone of his quest. The only mind that knew, other than him, about the tasks and actions he needed to perform was Megaera, because she had been a part of the quest as a whole. She was given the ability to feed Mordecai, to keep her alive, while Einarr worked for the Earth God.

Image Credits

pixel by sourful

Aisling

It was perhaps a little strange that Aisling would find comfort in a protector like Einarr. He seemed stoic and hard as iron, so unlike any of the friends she had made in Helovia. Charming Kvothe and sweet Finn both made her smile, but perhaps neither would have been such a comfort as the black pegasus. Strong and unshakable, he guided her from the tangle of trees. Her ears pricked up at the mention of Dragons’s Throat. Curiosity helped in distracting the little mare from the storm, though it began to calm around them ever so slightly. She had heard of the land in the south but had yet to venture there, perhaps after this she might venture there. “I’ve not yet met any of the southern tribe but I hope to travel there sometime soon enough. Is it a nice place?”

Already having been calmed and comforted by the stallions sheltering wing, the knowledge that he was in service to the Earth God cemented the faerie’s trust (though honestly that had never been a difficult task for anyone.) She completed the God’s tasks and boarded his ship; she had seen the gentleness and mercy of the great behemoth herself and was resolved that any in his service would be just as good. She smiled then, her eyes bright as ever despite the darkness of the night. “Well, you have certainly helped me. I don’t know how I might have fared if hadn’t found me.” She glanced quickly back at the heart of the forrest behind them with a little grimmace. Dark forrest…Horrid place! She turned back to peer up at Einarr, almost having to crane her neck to meet his gaze. “I’m on a quest, as well! For the Sun God, though course seems a fair bit more useful then mine.”

"talk talk talk talk

Time
Einarr

"Dragon's Throat beautiful and strong. We are island--but even those with no wings allowed. Does Aisling need a family?" Einarr nodded his head proudly as he praised his herd. They were truly beautiful, and strong, and united. Einarr was not one to dwell on the fact that he had been stripped from his home herd and birthland, and dropped unconscious and unremembering in the Threshold. However, he was thankful to the gods that he had found a new home within the ranks of the Dragon's Throat. Not only had the herd welcomed him with open hooves (for the most part, Megaera was still warming up to his presence), but Gaucho, the khal, hailed from a near region that the inky stallion had grown up. IF it were not for Einarr's cloven hooves and lack of embellishment, he and the khal could be mistaken for brothers--and perhaps they still could be, by those who knew nothing about where the two stallions were from.

If Aisling needed a home, Einarr would march her straight to the doorstep of the herd that welcomed him.

Ears tilted down towards the female as she spoke of her own quest. An intrigued brow lifted as he navigated the mare to safety. Soon enough, they were safe from the harbor of the towering trees and stood in a clearing. The thunderstorm above fizzled, the rain and distant rumble of thunder only remaining. "Gaucho--Dragon's Throat Sultan--worship Sun God. Most of Throat follow Gaucho. Einarr not know Sun God--Einarr sing glory to Earth God." Einarr turned his body, lifting his wing from the mare. Carefully, he tucked his shields against his ribs. "What Aisling seek?"

Image Credits

pixel by sourful

Aisling

Aisling’s grin widened as Einnarr spoke of his home. There was no mistaking the pride and affection in his tone as he described the Dragon’s Throat and it was endlessly endearing, and therefore was ll the more precious that her new protector extended an invitation. “You are ever so kind to ask, but I’ve all the family I need in Kvothe and Finn. We’re a roving bunch of a singer a storyteller and a tinker but a family indeed.” It was true enough, though she hadn’t seen her darling boys in a good long while. “Perhaps I may visit your island though? I always like to see new places.”

When the unlikely pairing reached the clearing, the little mare plucked up the courage to stick her head curiously out from under the shelter of the great black wing to sniff at the damp forrest around them. Her now ever-present smile firmly on her face, she listened eagerly to Einarr’s talk of the Sun God, though it seemed the Earth God held Einarr’s allegiance from despite his lead’s leanings. ”I met the Sun God at the four alters last season. He is so beautiful…” she said with a bit of a sigh, "But a little frightening as well. So much power and light all contained in one being, truly magnificent.” She spoke quickly in her lilting pitch, excited and happy to converse with anyone about the Helovian Gods, and eager to know anything more about them. “I came to him seeking to learn more about magic, for I have never seen any of the like before coming to Helovia and he has set me to study emotion, and to compose a ballad in his honor when I think my study complete.”

She gave a little shrug. The Sun had seemed a little vain but she supposed a god had the right to be if they wished it, and she was far to eager to study magic to judge it’s source. “I only saw the Earth God from a distance, but he seems just a mighty to me. A bit kinder perhaps than the Sun. But why does he pull at you when your tribe are the Sun’s folk? If you don’t mind me askin’.”

"talk talk talk talk