Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai
C
A
T
H
U
N

The distinction might be perfectly clear and obvious to her, but the colt just tilted the head slightly with a raised brow, obviously not following. How a dead something could still be considered real he didn't understand. Was the thing physical, solid, always there and unchanging? No, so why did she look at him like he had said something outrageous? Cathun was a practical soul, a rationalist. He preferred things that made sense, that weren't obviously tied to some obscure magical law or philosophical hypocrisy. It made as little sense as his lack of experience with magical phenomenon, but then again he was a strange person overall. The fire in his eyes contrasted oddly against the flowing curtain of curly hair, the silk ribbon that held the mane in place, the silver bells that jingled in tune with the gold of his sealing necklace, just as the sometimes refined movements clashed with stumbles, awkward smiles and utterly baseless flashes of mightier-than-thou arrogance.

It was enough to cause headaches just by trying to decide which was his true nature behind a poorly maintained mask, or whether he really was as fractured and displaced as he appeared.

Regardless, his joy when Amaris suddenly reciprocated his familiarity by a soft nudge of a champagne nose seemed as real as can be. The grin he gave her was big and bright and a little embarrassed, so intensely happy that he for a moment appeared as though lit from within. Only a small gesture, but Cathun took it as a sign that he had been accepted, that his presence would be tolerated and that the connection to their mutual acquaintance was acknowledged.

It meant more than he could say, so he just smiled and smiled until the cheeks hurt.

Sooty ears pricked attentively to catch the dragoness' words as Amaris proceeded to answer his query. Long legs danced in place with growing excitement as she offered to bring him along, the prospect of getting out of the stifling, hot and uneasy forest equally delightful to the possibility of mending the necklace. Yet, one thing made the colt pause, head tilting in confusion.

"Well... Not too much, to be honest. He mostly talked about people; you and this Tavi person, and Mirage and others he said was family. I thought Helovia was one land though? At least that's the impression I got from his tales... Either way I'd love to come!"

There was a question in there, and a look of slight disappointment at the discovery that the place in fact was not one, but many, not connected, but divided. It made it seem so much more complicated, and Cathun had been looking forward to something easy to understand, something fun yet relaxing that might take his mind off his own problems.

"But... maybe we can talk while walking? I don't know about you, but I don't really like this forest. It feels like it is.... watching." He looked around uneasily, eyes lingering for a moment on the sharp line that separated blackened, scorched ground from the dry, unscathed vegetation before quickly tearing away, back to the relative safety and ease of the hybrid girl. At least she gave him a sense of comfort and reliability, truly like the sister she could have been. Like the half-grown child he still was Cathun felt drawn to it, enveloped by it, and without resisting he let it guide his legs forward until he stood by her side, as of yet equal in height to the mare he one day would come to tower over.

"Ladies first!" He offered a slight wink as he bowed, mimicking the way his father used to arch the neck and extend a leg in excellent, gallant courtesy. And in that single moment the young grullo was the spitting image of the Silverthorn, so similar in kindness, warmth and appearance that all lingering doubts surely had to be seared away, burnt to ashes to drift upon a gust of fickle, leaf-strewn air. It was late summer and the air was warm, but the wind carried a promise of approaching storms, of rain and wind and change. Summer was drawing to a close, but to the young heir, the Firebrand, the crownless prince of forgotten thrones, the world was full of promise. As he took his first step towards the south he silently prayed that this new home would fulfill all the dreams he carried - or at least give him a chance to try his own luck.

@[Amaris]

Image Credit

» Magic and Violence is permitted at all times
» Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
My Modus Operandi is Amalgam - by Cathun - 03-28-2015, 11:47 PM
RE: My Modus Operandi is Amalgam - by Amaris - 03-31-2015, 02:46 AM
RE: My Modus Operandi is Amalgam - by Cathun - 03-31-2015, 09:07 AM
RE: My Modus Operandi is Amalgam - by Amaris - 04-01-2015, 06:30 AM
RE: My Modus Operandi is Amalgam - by Cathun - 04-01-2015, 07:47 AM
RE: My Modus Operandi is Amalgam - by Amaris - 04-02-2015, 03:32 AM
RE: My Modus Operandi is Amalgam - by Cathun - 04-02-2015, 07:59 AM