the Rift

Cathun :: Chan

Cathun Posts: 88
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai
Magic

::[Magic: Fire x Light | Able to create and freely control white fire within a 20 ft radius]
::[Magic: Fire x Light (U)| Able to choose whether the properties of the flames are healing or destructive.]

::[Magic: Dark x Light | Able to create illusions in a 20 ft radius capable of tricking the senses of sight, scent and hearing.]
::[Magic: Dark x Light (U) | Able to make the illusions real for a limited amount of time, becoming living, solid and capable of dealing damage.]

::[Magic: Dark x Light | Able to place conditions upon self or others that, if not followed will cause pain intensifying over time]
::[Magic: Dark x Light | Able to place up to three conditions at any one time on himself, others or both, or one condition that will linger for an extended period of time (Curse) ]

(Ex, he'd condition someone to 'being unable to lie'. Uttering a lie would be possible but would cause the speaker to feel immense pain that gradually grow worse until they start following the condition. Would be unable to grant magical abilities but may enhance the body; speed, strength, etc. Would have to cast the magic verbally, informing the target of their condition.)

Companions

::[Companion: Dragon | Toxic ] Ss
::[Companion: Cerndyr | Earth Spirit ] NSs
::[Companion: Snow Leopard | Quantum Leap ] Reg

Items

::[Item: Extra Magic pass]
::[Item: Regular Companion Magic | Quantum Leap]
::[Item: Extra Companion Magic pass]

::[Custom Item: White Kimono | Absorbs magical attacks and store them like a pattern on the fabric. Can store up to 3 attacks before it needs to be washed, rinsing away the patterns.]
::[Custom Item: Armor | Steel reinforced leather armor with with blue fox fur trim, can be collapsed into a leather-and-fur leg-cuff.] Ref

::[Item: Sword | Black katana with red gold accents]
::[Item: Dagger | Black wakizashi with red gold accents]

» Magic and Violence is permitted at all times
» Please tag me!

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
::[Magic: Fire x Light | Able to create and freely control white fire within a 20 ft radius]
::[Magic: Fire x Light (U)| Able to choose whether the properties of the flames are healing or destructive.]
The first one is already 2 magics! The creation and control is a magic AND an upgrade!

::[Magic: Dark x Light | Able to create illusions in a 20 ft radius capable of tricking the senses of sight, scent and hearing.]
::[Magic: Dark x Light (U) | Able to make the illusions real for a limited amount of time, becoming living, solid and capable of dealing damage.]

::[Magic: Dark x Light | Able to place conditions upon self or others that, if not followed will cause pain intensifying over time]
::[Magic: Dark x Light | Able to place up to three conditions at any one time on himself, others or both, or one condition that will linger for an extended period of time (Curse) ]
These are iffy - you would have to limit to a specific TYPE of conditions from the get go because each condition is basically its own magic

::[Custom Item: White Kimono | Absorbs magical attacks and store them like a pattern on the fabric. Can store up to 3 attacks before it needs to be washed, rinsing away the patterns.]
"This is basically being able to do magic! Fabric does not have any inherent 'storing' abilities'

Tai
Arwen
:: [Magic: Dark | The power to generate, conjure, and manipulate Nether, the essence that flows through the realms of the Living and the Dead.]
:: [Restrictions: Nether may only be used for 20 seconds in battle, and causes exhaustion in the user.]

Why would Cathun's fire magic be restricted to one or the other while there is someone else who can create and control as a basic magic?
If it still needs to be restricted, could the fire produced by the Passive magic be used instead of the creation of a secondary fire?

like so; [Able to manipulate the fire from his body in X radius]
and then update that?

Crowley
:: [Magic: Dark | Ability to curse another character with a short-lasting, weaker effect in exchange for a small scar]
:: [Restrictions | May be used instantly in battle once, but can have a 1 week long effect IC with other character's permission]

This ability is not specified either and the condition magic would be quite similar. Ex. of intended uses are 'I may not utter a lie' or 'you may not run' ; it is possible to disobey the condition/order but doing so will be painful.
The effect would wear off with time, so it can be avoided entirely - but it would hurt and take a strong will.
One could also get around the order by, ex. speaking misleading or walk very fast.

How powerful it can become depend on the restrictions placed; maybe only 'restraining' conditions, not 'enhancing'? As in, can condition someone to move very slowly but can't make oneself run at twice the speed. Does it sound reasonable?

Fabric do have 'absorbing' and 'staining' properties however. Perhaps I phrased it poorly; rather than storing the magic the kimono would just take the hit, like a shield, which then leave a mark/dent in the form of a colored pattern representing the magic in question. It would be able to take three blows, then have to be cleaned to restore the 'magic' and in the meantime it's just a regular kimono.

But if it's not allowed then the item can just be removed, it was the idea of gathering patterns that was interesting really. :)

@[Tamme]

» Please tag me!

Tamme the Tempting Posts: 140
Administrator
Mare :: Other :: 2 :: 2 HP: 9001 | Buff: Admin
Tamme
1. Check Aithniel's Fire Magic!
I am basing the fire magic off of the fire magic!
"Nether" is not really a whole element and can only do one specific thing whereas fire has to be first sparked and the controlled.

2. Crowley's curses
Are limited in some form! Crowley should still be questing for this too, so that shouldn't be entirely set in stone. Either way, you have to choose a type of "curse". Like... Biological with sores, mental (involving light magic) with being unable to tell a lie, etc.

As you can see, this magic can be easily abused so it needs more direction.

3. This would be okay phrased like so....

:: [Item: Magic Kimono | White cloth that can absorb magical attacks, leaving a stain]
:: [Restrictions | After 3 stains, the kimono requires washing to be effective]

^^^ This basically turns it into a shield. However, magic doesn't really have "color" so there would be no way to determine a magic type from a color.

Odd the doer of things Posts: 115
Administrator atk: 23 | def: 42 | dam: 108
Mare :: Other :: 5"2 :: 27 HP: 108 | Buff: badass
Odd
I just wanted to throw my two cents in here regarding the item

It would be counted as one defensive item, and would effect his stats. But just keep in mind that during a spar if someone shoots magic at you and the attack hits, you'll have to find a creative way of explaining damage if the cloak 'absorbs' the magic.

So even though you say it absorbs magical attacks, it does not reduce damage taken, if damage is rolled. Just want to be clear :)

Tai
I don't really want to argue about this, but I think you are being inconsistent. If Crowley's magic is not fully quested for, why is it listed in the Character Records where I copied it from?

Also, what is the difference in potential damage made between Nether and Fire, or Water or any other element for that matter? Nether has no specified effect, so it is hard for me to see how it would be less potentially harmful than a burn. If fire is to be restricted then Nether should be too, and conversely if Nether is to be unrestricted then fire should be too - otherwise it seems very unfair to me.

I request that admin discuss this issue together in order to reach a conclusion that is fair and easy to understand for everyone.

::[Magic: Fire x Light | Able to manipulate the fire from his body within a 20 ft radius]

Is this acceptable or not? :)

Erebos
:: [Magic: Dark | Can manipulate the powers of corruption (dark elemental magic) for means of combat purposes on others especially when around other dark magic users]
:: [Restrictions | Effects can take a variety of forms and only lasts 30 seconds in battle and the magic will slowly lose potency after one use against the same opponent]

This magic too seems fairly unspecified with proper restrictions in place; how is this different from my requested magic?

If I absolutely have the specify it any more than I have, would this be acceptable?

::[Magic: Dark x Light | Able to place a restraining mental condition upon self or another (lasting a max of 1 week) that, if not followed will cause unspecified physical pain that intensify over the course of that week]
::[Magic: Dark x Light | Able to place up to three restricting mental conditions at any one time on himself, others or both that last for 1 week, or one condition that will linger for an extended period of time (up to1 IC year with player consent) ]

this would in no way make it impossible to do something, just make it very uncomfortable - a mental restraint, not physical.

As for the Item: Absolutely, I understand this and am aware that damage needs to be taken anyway; it'd be the same for any shield, right? :)
Magic doesn't have a color and it wouldn't matter what kind of magic it was; I was thinking in line with how a weather magic attack would result in stylized raindrops or waves, a hurricane hurled at him would become a whirlwind pattern etc. Visual interpretations, so to speak.

@[Tamme], @[Aud]

» Please tag me!

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
1. Crowley's magic was from years ago and is used for physical curses. That needs to go into the records, but we are speaking to Dingo about it. Regardless, that is between her and the admin, not you and her and the admin.

2. "Nether" which is just sort of energy from the Underworld and a term used by Frostie that the admin respected, can only cause exhaustion (check the restrictions). Because "nether" can't really be seen or hurt you, she can control it to get it where it needs to go. It's such an abstract concept with such little damaging abilities that it worked out this way with the admin.

3. Erebos' magic, also discussed with the admin and Heather, is not able to CREATE dark magic of corruption but just MANIPULATE it. So, that is one element and one ability. It can take different forms depending on how someone else uses dark magic, but "corruption" is just a term Heather used like Frostie used "nether" and we discuss this individually.

::[Magic: Dark x Light | Able to place a restraining mental condition upon self or another (lasting a max of 1 week) that, if not followed will cause unspecified physical pain that intensify over the course of that week]
::[Magic: Dark x Light | Able to place up to three restricting mental conditions at any one time on himself, others or both that last for 1 week, or one condition that will linger for an extended period of time (up to 1 season with player consent) ]

^^ Has to be self OR another
^^ For the upgrade, you can either place 3 mental conditions OR lengthen the duration of 1 mental condition for 1 month. (not both)
^^ Battle restrictions for mental conditions would be 30 seconds.

5. As for fire, look at Aithniel's magic:

:: [Magic: Fire | Ability to start fires by striking her hooves together]
:: [Magic: Fire (U) | Ability to control flames]

:: [Magic: FirexLight | Immune to fire ]
:: [Magic: FirexLight (U) | Fire heals]

Two completely separate magics! One for destructive fire and one for healing fire.

As for fire magic, we have two ways to do it.

1. you can create fire creatures which are controlled by the NUMBER
:: [Magic: FirexTime (U) | Able to call upon spirits composed of fire for assistance whenever his blood is spilled.]
:: [Restrictions | Spirits can be 5 small (medium dog and lower) or 2 large spirit.]

2. You can create fire controlled by a radius
:: [Magic: FirexWind (U) | Able to beat his wings and produce an outward blast of fire.]
:: [Restrictions | Limited to a radius of 30ft. Flames and heat begin to fade towards the circumference.]
(The original restriction was 10 ft!!!! she upgraded the radius only)

So, the following would be acceptable:

::[Magic: Fire x Light | Able to create the fire from his body within a 10 ft radius]

OR

You can use your upgrade to control the fire he creates.

Tai
I would like to replace

With

::[Magic: Fire x Wind | Able to ignite the oxygen in the air, creating a burst of fire]
::[Magic: Fire x Wind (U)| Able to shape the fire into a burning tornado (firedevil) and direct its path]

and

With

::[Magic: Dark x Earth | Transmutation; Able to temporarily alter the forms/structure of small beings/objects] (turn a pebble into sand, a leaf into metal etc, a bird into a mouse etc)
::[Magic: Dark x Earth (U)| Able to permanently alter the forms/structure of beings/objects, completely in small objects/beings and partially in larger objects/beings] (with permission/marking pass on characters?)

and implement the changes suggested on

::[Magic: Dark x Light | Able to place a restraining mental condition upon another (lasting a max of 1 week) that, if not followed will cause unspecified physical pain that intensify over the course of that week]
::[Magic: Dark x Light (U)| Able to place up to three restricting mental conditions at any one time on others (lasting a max of 1 week) that, if not followed will cause unspecified physical pain that intensify over the course of that week]

» Please tag me!

Odd
(Next time just say you're making a new list :P)

::[Magic: Fire x Wind | Able to ignite the oxygen in the air, creating a burst of fire]
::[Magic: Fire x Wind (U)| Able to shape the fire into a burning tornado (firedevil) and direct its path]

-Limited to a radius of 10m and 30m respectively.

::[Magic: Dark x Earth | Transmutation; Able to temporarily alter the forms/structure of small beings/objects] (turn a pebble into sand, a leaf into metal etc, a bird into a mouse etc)
::[Magic: Dark x Earth (U)| Able to permanently alter the forms/structure of beings/objects, completely in small objects/beings and partially in larger objects/beings] (with permission/marking pass on characters?)

- All he would be able to do is make the illusion of it. Like the bird might appear to be a mouse, but it wouldn't actually be. And it could never be permanent.

::[Magic: Dark x Light | Able to place a restraining mental condition upon another (lasting a max of 1 week) that, if not followed will cause unspecified physical pain that intensify over the course of that week]
:: [Restrictions: Requires permission outside of battle. Lasts 30 seconds in battle.
::[Magic: Dark x Light (U)| Able to place up to three restricting mental conditions at any one time on others (lasting a max of 1 week) that, if not followed will cause unspecified physical pain that intensify over the course of that week]
:: [Restrictions: Requires permission outside of battle. Lasts 1 min in battle.]

Tai
Oh. If he can't actually change the shape of things then I'll just remove the Transmutation; making it an illusion defeats the purpose of it. :)

» Please tag me!

Tai
Adding;

Mending of the Sealing necklace, so that the sealing ability is restored

ALT (not sure if this is possible)

The re-making of his passive magic by a god, so that it doesn't shorten his life.

» Please tag me!

Odd
You can't quest to have passive magics changed