the Rift

[OPEN] Brushes and hammers
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd

[Pillar building thread!]

The Throat had their bridge. It was an accomplishment that had been a long time coming, and one that the dun hoped in the back of his mind, would have made Kri proud. The old and tiny warrior often lingered in his thoughts, and on more than one occasion Gaucho found himself thinking What would Kri do? Although he never found a satisfactory answer to that question, it still persisted in his mind when his thoughts turned towards his herd. Did all rulers seem as if they lead without effort or doubt? The Sultan was starting to wonder if perhaps everyone who held this position before him found it as taxing as he did. But was he as good as hiding it, as they were?

Those were thoughts for another time. For now, Gaucho felt renewed and excited. He wanted to call upon Cera, to ask him to aid with a project that the dun had long coveted, but he also knew the Golden Prince required rest. He had asked much of his artisans lately ... perhaps he would see what he could do by what of preparation before seeking out the paint.

With Mara and Vorsa slithering and flying by him, the trio began to look for items that would aid in building the pillars that he had envisioned. They would need stone, perhaps some wood ... jewels would also be nice. And so they scoured the Throat. Wood was easy to come by, for there were a few smaller trees that dotted the landscape, as well as the driftwood which washed up upon their shores. The rockier areas that warped the landscape also provided interesting elements, that seemed infused with the same reddish tints as their sands were. Of course Gaucho could not reach into the earth and pull out metal the way Cera could, and so ultimately he would need Cera for that task.

Under the blazing light of Tallsun, the Wildfire worked relentlessly. He made several trips back and forth - into the heart of the Throat, and then back to where the bridge invisibly wavered, depositing the things that he found. Sweat slicked his dark coat, making him appear shiny - almost like some flaming mirage.

GAUCHO
the wildfire

Art by: schwartze @ DA
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
Rhoa
Like ships in the night

I had to cut back on flying for a few days; the burns on my wings ebbing but still hurting like a bitch. I also had a slight limp, making me look stupid with each step I took, one hoof falling behind the other three as I did my best to keep up with my usual pace. It hurt, but I was a man; I had to suck these kind of things up. Father always hid his pain well, as if it never bothered him and that everything was fine. There might be plenty of things about the Sultan that pissed me off, but that was one thing I still admired.

Hell, I admired a lot of things about him, even if he liked ignoring me all the time. I wonder how useless he thought I was, especially now that I was temporarily a gimp and not looking as handsome as I had used to. Yeah I said it, I'm pretty hot stuff. I mean; Mother is gorgeous and Father has the ladies all over him. They may not do anything, but I see them ogling him like the hot piece of ass he is- Er... maybe I shouldn't think about Father like that.

Speaking of, was that him by the bridge over there? It had to be. Despite him seeming to blend in well with the sweltering sun that caused the rich sands to burn beneath my hooves, it was still evident by the blazing wings and large horns that it was obviously the Wildfire. If that wasn't a dead giveaway, then the serpent and baby phoenix at his heels sealed it for me. Suddenly I was trotting forward, my injured leg causing me a little trouble, and making my way towards the dun warrior. Blue eyes scanned the materials he was collecting, before watching him continue his work and work up an even bigger sweat, before finally calling out to him in a boisterous tone," Hey Pops! Need a helping hoof with whatever it is you're doing? Wouldn't want your old bones to break under all the work huh?"

A cheeky grin was plastered on my maw, eyes full of a daring gleam that bagged the man before me to fight back, to take my bait and play a little game of banter. I had the advantage of course, Mother had blessed me with her eloquent vocabulary, whereas Father still had his traditional, simple sentences. I had to prevent myself from prancing around, hooves itching to keep moving at the thought of a little fun; after all, it's not like I had anything better to do today. Maybe today would be the day Father would notice me.

OOC: Rhoa has officially entered the realm of not giving a fuck xD
Forgive me <3

Image Credits

@[Gaucho]

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
Bucephalus
There's something just magical about flight. Period.
-Graham Hawkes

((Figured this could be liquid-timed a bit to after the Sandcastles thread?))

The black wasn't exactly surprised to find Gaucho, lathered in sweat and fire, moving across the sands with purpose. What did surprise him, was precisely what the dun's purpose was, and that he was not alone. Curious, amused and intrigued, Bucephalus dumped the air from his wings, dropping in height to land beside the youth, a face unfamiliar, in a soft flurry of sand that quickly settled.

The youth perks up, rambling off words that pulled a faint from from the black, although there was a ghost of a smile there as well. "I'd be careful, young one. It's the older creatures you must fear most; they are old for a reason." He walked forward, towards Gaucho's side as he peered at the materials the dun had gathered, white-tipped tail flicking at his rump in irritation at the flies that seemed to permeate the Throat, and the unfortunate beings within.

"What's this for?" He asked, nudging a rock curiously with a hoof, gold eyes flickering towards Gaucho, ears pricked. Azeeza rolled through his mind, her curiosity growing, settled only when Bucephalus flashed an image of Gaucho on the sands. Satisfied she returned to slumber, having holed herself up in the tree Bucephalus slept against, hiding from the heat.

Buce himself had kept mostly to the shade; he may have been born in the brutal heat, able to stand it, but that didn't mean he stayed out in direct sunlight. Azeeza preferred to stay hidden until the sun settled lower in the sky or unless her bonded took flight to the high winds above, where the air was cool and the Tallsun heat could almost be forgotten. "Going to take a wild guess it's crafting-related?" He smirked, amused now.

Image || Coding by Tamme

Pixel by Aud
Ascended Helovian

[SORRY FOR BEING SO SLOW.]

Rhoa. Gaucho didn't even know what to think of the boy. He had seemed sullen and withdrawn in the days during Sohalia and Ivezho's disappearance. That was at least moderately understandable to the dun, but this? Gaucho who had revered his Father and those of status within his herd as a colt, could not understand the audacity and lack of discipline that his son showed. Was this Ivezo's doing? Had his twin come back with some sort of infectious attitude? Sighing, Gaucho regarded the older of the two twins silently, his blackened ears taking in his words. Pops ? Since when?

Fire flared on Gaucho's wings, higher than normal, as the Sultan flirted with the idea of sending fiery arrows directed towards his son, if only to teach him a lesson. However Buce's arrival and witticism saved Rhoa from the flames. Chuckling, Gaucho nodded in agreement with his former-Chancellor's statement.

"Gaucho want to build pillars ..." He began, looking at the pile of items that he had accumulated. "Need structures to show where entrance and exit is." Of course that was about the extent of his thinking. He would be happy with a pile of metal simply making a gate-like shape, although he doubted his herd would be. While Gaucho appreciated things which were aesthetically pleasing, his primitive mind held no such capacity for creating them. Luckily, Cera and Bucephalus had those abilities in spades. "Design not matter so much but ... Gaucho find gems in heart caves." Shrugging, the dun flicked his tail. This was clearly not his area. "Thought Sun God might like shiny pillars."

Vorsa bounced around, holding one such gem in her claws. At Bucephalus' arrival, the phoenix had tried her best to contain her excitement until Gaucho had finished speaking. The second he had, she hooted and trilled, trying to find her friend who she assumed was hidden somewhere in the mass of Bucephalus' mane, or perhaps his feathers. Those were the places on Gaucho she liked best, after all. Curiously she flapped her wings, waiting to see if her friend would come and help her search for shinies.

GAUCHO
the wildfire

Bucephalus
-Graham Hawkes

OOC: Gonna hop over Rhoa because this needs to get done before the month's out XD I apologize!)

Gaucho had Bucephalus at 'pillars'. Like a colt he bounced over towards the pile of seemingly plain debris, wings fluffed and lifted in his excitement. Already he could picture them in his mind, standing tall, grand against the backdrop of the desert. The way the bridge was set would be perfect, and he could make the pillars things of beauty and power.

A shiver ran down his spine, and he flashed a wide grin at Gaucho. Oh how he loved things like this, knowing he was helping his herd AND getting enjoyment out of it! "I'll make pillars that will do the Sun God justice." He dipped his head just as Vorsa approached, searching no doubt for Azeeza. He smiled, then reached through the bond, nudging his beloved awake. Before she could get riled to anger, he flashed her images of Vorsa and all the pretty gemstones.

A piercing shriek hit the air as a black dot shot from a tree, hauling ass towards the group. The falcon chick nearly hit Vorsa, chattering rapidly and flailing her wings before snatching her friend's gemstone and bounding off, trilling in happiness as she tried to lure Vorsa into a game of chase.

Amused, Buce looked to Gaucho. "I'll need more ore, if you would not mind hauling more." He turned his attention to the materials already gathered, then to the sun, behind him and then towards the bridge, mind wheeling and building the pillars, tossing designs aside before he settled on one that practically sang to him.

Focusing his attention on the ore, he closed his eyes, reaching for the crafting magic and drawing upon it, humming deep in his throat to help keep focus as he began shaping it. Gaucho was all but forgotten in his mind, every nerve in his body singing, his wings trembling as he began working. The metal flowed and bent, moving to his will. Azeeza paused, seeing the image in her bonded's mind, and with a chattering to Vorsa she picked up a gem, taking flight towards the pillar, pressing the stone to the metal and letting go once Buce had it sealed into the metal.

@[Gaucho]
Image || Coding by Tamme

Pixel by Aud
Ascended Helovian

[I have Rhoa back again and since I don't want to thread with myself, it's totally fine! :D]

At first, Vorsa was confused. Weren't they best friends, she and Azeeza? Why had the orange-breasted girl taken her shiny? The phoenix squawked unhappily, her red body exploding into flames as her anger got the best of her. Rising up on her small legs, she flapped her wings indignantly. Huffing, the girl took to the skies after Azeeza, swooping high and low to try and out fly the older bird. However as she glided through the air she realized what this was. A game! Trilling happily, she continued the chase.

Gaucho watched Bucephalus, impressed by the care and seriousness he expressed with regard to the pillars. It was rare to see Bucephalus in a state where he wasn't mocking something, and the Wildfire was appreciative. The pillars were important to him, and he was glad to see that they were important to the black as well. As the newest crafter gave him instruction, Gaucho nodded, not minding at all that he was taking orders from a subordinate. When it came to crafting, Bucephalus and Cera would always be in charge. Nodding his thick neck, Gaucho agreed.

"Gaucho get." He offered, turning his back on the black and seeking the materials required.

Gaucho was efficient in his search, but even so, the sun had moved several times throughout the sky. It was not easy finding ore deposits, much less hauling chunks with him with nothing more than rope and Mara's aid. Still, the serpent was fairly dexterous and had made it rather easy to fit the ore into slings. Hauling it across the desert however, had not been as easy.

Sweat dripped from Gaucho's flanks, chest, and between his legs. The dark patches around his eyes appeared even darker as exhaustion sloshed over him like a wave. Still he would not give up, or give in to his weariness. If he was tired, he could only imagine how Bucephalus was feeling. The dun recalled the day he found Cera passed out near the waters, drained from all of his crafting. Just because the sun had blessed them with unlimited resources for this month surely did not mean that his crafters has unlimited energy.

"Here." Gaucho muttered dryly, shaking off the ropes around his shoulders and stepping aside to show his bounty.

GAUCHO
the wildfire

Bucephalus
-Graham Hawkes

(Figured this wasn't near the bridge, so having the pillars lay in the sand. Later I can have a post where Buce gets Gaucho and the other crafters to help drag/raise the pillars by the bridge?)

The black hadn't stopped humming as he worked, the tune deep, flowing and rippling with the metal. It had been long since he heard metal's song, but he could still mimic it rather well...or as well as any equine throat could. There were notes far deeper and more drawn out than his lungs and vocals could manage.

By the time Gaucho returned, one pillar lay in the sand, the other half-finished. Sweat coated the black's hide, slicking his tangled mane to his neck, his tail to his legs. He was tired, but still moved around briskly, circling the half-completed pillar, eyeing it critically, pressing gems against the metal where he saw fit.

"Here."

Bucephalus lifted his head, blinking a few times before he bowed his head in thanks. He wasn't precisely surprised at the amount of ore the dun managed to haul; he was strong, far stronger than the black.

"Thank you... another day we can drag these to the bridge... unless you want to do it today?" He asked with dry amusement, walking over and rolling chunks of the ore closer to the incomplete project before he continued to work again, humming in the depths of his chest, standing completely still as the metal flowed to match the shape burned into his mind.

The pillars were done.

With a relieved breath Buce dropped his head, rubbing his muzzle against a sweat-slicked leg. He wanted nothing more to do now than jump in the oasis to clean off and cool down.

@[Gaucho]

Image || Coding by Tamme