the Rift

[OPEN] It Takes a Village to Build a.... Church? [Chruch Part 1]

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Amani
Just A Picture To Burn

The sun was just rising above the horizon, but I am already up and moving. We have been blessed by our patron God... Or maybe all the Gods as one. We had until the end of TallSun, to build as much as we could. I also found, that I can create things of metal as well.

Today, as the season is drawing to a close I move for the fires I pray at normally every morning. I will admit, since gaining the position I have fallen down on so many of my duties. It pains me that I have failed the God of the Sun, at least I feel as if I have. It does not take me long to arrive at the fire. I sleep close to the fire just in case My Lord calls for me in the middle of the night. With a sigh I look around. How do I even begin this task? Golden eyes look around to see if anyone else was awake this early. I would need help clearing a place before I could even begin. How do I even do this? My mind spins as I try to understand my new found magic.

I focus, trying to find any metal that I could use under the ground. Surely that would be a good place to start before I bend it into place. I also need a clear place to move all the metal into place. Oh how I hope someone else will be awake soon to help. I can't do this all on my own.. But I can try.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

x - x

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
Rhoa
Like ships in the night

I like the feeling of dawn. Everything is hushed, and quiet and fresh. There is potential for the day. As the Sun pushes away the shadows, I too feel a sense of lightening. As if my troubles might be bled away by the light of our deity as easily as the dark is. Taking a deep breath, I rise from where I had been laying and move towards the fire. I've always been called here ... I know that Cera is a crafter, and deep inside, I wonder if I too can be like him. I know Father would prefer me to take more interest in the warriors, and perhaps one day I will, but for now the way the paint can sing metal into creation strikes a chord deep within me.

Will he be at the fire today? Time will tell.

I canter easily across the bloody sands, and as the roaring glow of our Seers fire comes into view I see a paint, but not the one I had been expecting. Amani. We had patrolled together before, hadn't we? I was sure that we had. Nevertheless, I knew the mare. Not well, but I had seen her at heard meetings and whatnot. I moved easily towards her, my graying coat appearing stained with red as the light from my burning wings cast a display of light against my flanks. Nearing her, I slowed my pace, as a smile crossed my features.

"Amani!" I called out pleasantly, a warm smile on my lips. Suddenly, a thought struck me. There had been so much activity lately surrounding Bucephalus and Cera .. The Sun God had blessed them with unlimited resources for this month. In the back of my mind I recall Father granting Amani this gift as well. Was she going to make something too? Would I be able to watch? Excitement bubbled up within my chest as I voiced these thoughts: "Are you here to make something? Can I watch?" My boyish tones are confident as I look up at her with bright eyes.

I hope that she says yes.

Image Credits

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz
Maren

. . . so i go growing roses in the disarray.

At last; desert lands rose into her view once again. Maren had walked - but then her legs slowly transitioned into an outstretched trot, feeling herself glide over the solid rocks like an eagle through the sky. With her golden flames of eyes she took in the setting along with a breath, her upwards spread wings contently baking in the summer Sun. On her left stretched the oasis, water reflecting the skies colors - while on her right the unruly ocean gleamed in the sunlight with its forever dark green and blue taints. The colors were, however, tainted by the golden dust that the winds fanned over the island. Home.

With her re-found sanity she felt that something was missing; A Church for the Sun, perhaps. So the tigermare raced forward, towards the diviner's fire, because somehow she didn't feel lonely in these thoughts.

And she wasn't wrong; two other creatures had gathered at the exact spot that would be perfect to build a church. Coincidentally! Maren recognized Amani alongside the black colt. With a happy smile on her face she joined the two. "Good morning Amani" she smiled, for they had barely met. Her glance shoved to the pegasus youth. "Good morning kid!" Then she just randomly started shoving rocks aside at the place she thought was perfect, assuming the God had put the same ideas in all of their heads. "My name is Maren, in case you don't know. I am the Disciple of the Sun." Whistling a random tune she continued her cleaning of the construction site.

Image Credit
Please tag me 

Amani Posts: 99
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.3 :: Three Years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Emily
Amani
Just A Picture To Burn

I turn at the sound of a familiar voice. Ah it was Rhoa! We had patroled together not long ago. I have to admit, I was glad to see him. At least I wouldn't be stumbling through this all on my own. "Good morning Rhoa!" I smile, glad to see the colt who was close to my own age. My smile only faulters slightly as he asks if I am about to create something. I nod quietly. "I am. I'm trying to figure out where to begin at the moment. This will be the church once we are all done. Of couse you are welcome to watch." I beem proudly, glad to make something that will glorify our God.

I start to turn back, when another voice reaches my ears. I smile, glad to see that Maren is also up and awake. From what I understood, the church was her idea. "Good morning Maren!" She seems to set right in, clearing a place for the church. I guess while she clears I will begin to pull the metal needed. I focus, trying to feel deep in the ground for any metal close by. When I find some, I begin to pull it up through the ground. It's harder work than I imagined. I have to stop a few times, as the metal is deep down in the earth. At long last, it reaches the surface. I heave it into a pile to work with later. I sigh, already growing tired when the job was not anywhere near completed. I close my eyes, already feeling down in the ground for more metal. This was going to be a long day, I can only hope we finish it in time.

"Sed interdum rutrum urna, sed pellentesque sapien tempor in."

x - x

Please Tag Amani in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Amani at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
Rhoa
Like ships in the night

A church? I am mistified, and my sea-green gaze sparkles with awe and wonder. It seemed like such a magical thing to have. Father is always training and Mother was concerned with the academy, but never before had anyone placed any real stock in having a place of worship. We had the fire, and our diviner - like Amani - so what need did the rest of us have with such things?

The thought of being able to speak with the Sun God in a place of worship delighted my youthful mind. Oh the possibilities! I was about to ask her to elaborate when a foreign mare arrived. I think my mouth fell open, but I can't really say for sure. All I knew in that moment was that I was completely enthralled in her appearance. Maren appeared so entirely foreign, but somehow miraculously simple as well. Her coat appeared subtle but exotic, some unnameable blending of colours. I think what ultimately drew me in - and don't jump ahead of me here because I know what you're going to think. You think it was her wings that I thought were so captivating, but you would be wrong.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

It was her voice.

I have learned to speak the language of Father's people. I have learned the guttural sounds, and how to make noise from the back of my throat. It wasn't easy and it certainly doesn't sound as nice as when Father speaks, but I think I have it down. But his language ... it's so harsh. It sounds angry even when it's loving; nothing like Maren.

And her name! How she says her name! It sounds so romantic, the way the words roll off of her tongue, like tiny acrobats.

As I said, I don't know if my jaw fell open, but it must have, for I heard my teeth click together as my brain started working again. Kid. I felt blood rush to my cheeks. Was that all I was? A kid? Disappointment washed over me, but I would not be deterred. If she was here to help with the church, then I was certainly sticking around.

I began to stammer a hello - "H-hi..-" but she was already off to work.

Taking cues from both Amani and Maren I began to clear away the Earth, sneaking a few hesitant gazes towards the tiger-mare as I tried to rush through the work.

Image Credits

Maren the Crownless Posts: 264
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.0 :: 6 HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Mr. Teatime :: Siberian Tiger :: Sing Yewrezz
Maren

. . . so i go growing roses in the disarray.

50 shades of orange surrounded her as the tigermare moved rock after rock, sometimes pulling them on the top of her head and bringing them to the other side, to then throw them on the growing pile. Leaving an orange layer of dust on the top of her head, for Maren hold the rock steady with her wings, proving their purpose once again. Still, they always shied away more easily when in the presence of real pegasi - who bore real wings; wings that fullfilled their original purpose... And even in what she was doing now, having bigger wings would have made this job quicker. As sweat dripped down her striped body, she let out a deep breath while flapping her wings to cool off her hot coat. Her gaze quickly turned to the others. Amani had been working hard, pulling out the metals from the soils of the earth. As the desert was less fertile than soil that hold more organic minerals, it must be a hard job indeed. But not impossible, and she was proving that by her good work.

Smiling, the tigermare moved her analyzing gaze to the black colt. He had thrown some suspicious gazes - with an expression she couldn't really... grasp. Spontaneously she strolled over to the slaving colt, then moved her head close to his, just to make sure he wasn't heating up. She did not want him fainting with that dark hide of his, after all, for she wasn't particularly waiting on any casualties while building a church. "Are you all right?" She asked with a slight concern in the gold of her eyes, meanwhile using her own pearl white wings to fan refreshing winds into his face, hoping it would cool him down a bit. But this needed to happen, and he seemed old enough to be able to know if the Sun was to much for him or not. So the tigermare pulled up her head once again and turned her body in the direction where there were more rocks waiting to be moved. "You want to help me move these rocks?" The mare spoke into the air as she got back to work. With ease she got a new rock on the top of her head, holding it steady with her feathered heads. Then she shot his black wings a glance. "Your wings can hold much more than mine, after all." Maren had, however, already put some rocks on the ground for Amani to mark where the metal pillars were supposed to go. When the frame was done, the flanks of the build would come later.

@[Amani]
Image Credit
Please tag me