the Rift

[OPEN] It Takes a Village to Build a.... Church? [Chruch Part 1]

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
Rhoa
Like ships in the night

I like the feeling of dawn. Everything is hushed, and quiet and fresh. There is potential for the day. As the Sun pushes away the shadows, I too feel a sense of lightening. As if my troubles might be bled away by the light of our deity as easily as the dark is. Taking a deep breath, I rise from where I had been laying and move towards the fire. I've always been called here ... I know that Cera is a crafter, and deep inside, I wonder if I too can be like him. I know Father would prefer me to take more interest in the warriors, and perhaps one day I will, but for now the way the paint can sing metal into creation strikes a chord deep within me.

Will he be at the fire today? Time will tell.

I canter easily across the bloody sands, and as the roaring glow of our Seers fire comes into view I see a paint, but not the one I had been expecting. Amani. We had patrolled together before, hadn't we? I was sure that we had. Nevertheless, I knew the mare. Not well, but I had seen her at heard meetings and whatnot. I moved easily towards her, my graying coat appearing stained with red as the light from my burning wings cast a display of light against my flanks. Nearing her, I slowed my pace, as a smile crossed my features.

"Amani!" I called out pleasantly, a warm smile on my lips. Suddenly, a thought struck me. There had been so much activity lately surrounding Bucephalus and Cera .. The Sun God had blessed them with unlimited resources for this month. In the back of my mind I recall Father granting Amani this gift as well. Was she going to make something too? Would I be able to watch? Excitement bubbled up within my chest as I voiced these thoughts: "Are you here to make something? Can I watch?" My boyish tones are confident as I look up at her with bright eyes.

I hope that she says yes.

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: It Takes a Village to Build a.... Church? [Chruch Part 1] - by Rhoa - 03-29-2015, 01:33 PM