the Rift

[OPEN] It Takes a Village to Build a.... Church? [Chruch Part 1]

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
Rhoa
Like ships in the night

A church? I am mistified, and my sea-green gaze sparkles with awe and wonder. It seemed like such a magical thing to have. Father is always training and Mother was concerned with the academy, but never before had anyone placed any real stock in having a place of worship. We had the fire, and our diviner - like Amani - so what need did the rest of us have with such things?

The thought of being able to speak with the Sun God in a place of worship delighted my youthful mind. Oh the possibilities! I was about to ask her to elaborate when a foreign mare arrived. I think my mouth fell open, but I can't really say for sure. All I knew in that moment was that I was completely enthralled in her appearance. Maren appeared so entirely foreign, but somehow miraculously simple as well. Her coat appeared subtle but exotic, some unnameable blending of colours. I think what ultimately drew me in - and don't jump ahead of me here because I know what you're going to think. You think it was her wings that I thought were so captivating, but you would be wrong.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

It was her voice.

I have learned to speak the language of Father's people. I have learned the guttural sounds, and how to make noise from the back of my throat. It wasn't easy and it certainly doesn't sound as nice as when Father speaks, but I think I have it down. But his language ... it's so harsh. It sounds angry even when it's loving; nothing like Maren.

And her name! How she says her name! It sounds so romantic, the way the words roll off of her tongue, like tiny acrobats.

As I said, I don't know if my jaw fell open, but it must have, for I heard my teeth click together as my brain started working again. Kid. I felt blood rush to my cheeks. Was that all I was? A kid? Disappointment washed over me, but I would not be deterred. If she was here to help with the church, then I was certainly sticking around.

I began to stammer a hello - "H-hi..-" but she was already off to work.

Taking cues from both Amani and Maren I began to clear away the Earth, sneaking a few hesitant gazes towards the tiger-mare as I tried to rush through the work.

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
RE: It Takes a Village to Build a.... Church? [Chruch Part 1] - by Rhoa - 03-29-2015, 02:13 PM