the Rift

[OPEN] !! Habits of my Heart [Healers Meeting]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
She had finally started to actually get some sleep. Nights had not been as restless and Rue was not as crazy as before. Nay, a few hours at a time was actually keeping her afloat and it was as sweet as honey for this mare. Careful eyes pulled forward, emerging from her canopy with the grace that the was generally missing from her movements.

Maroon glitter is flickering across the ground as Valiance shoots out from beneath the canopy and begins to gather a handful of different healing herbs and poisonous plants. Aye, it was time for a meeting. She needed to get to know the healers under her once more. She needed to teach them something, make sure that they all had a basic first aid-knowledge in case something were to happen that no one had been expecting.

Soon, they were all lined up on a pile of rocks nearby. Each herb placed on a different level with all of the poisons lined up across the top. It was only once Resplendence was satisfied did Valiance take off to go and gather the nurses (and anyone else who might be interested) and bring them back toward Resplendence.

Aye, it would be a good morning, and she was almost completely prepared to do all of this. Now, she just needed Alysanne to show up. Then the pair would be complete and they would be able to teach what was necessary for the herd to know. And, who knew. Maybe some who were interested in the art of healing would also appear, to gather the knowledge and spread to their counterparts.

I ask that you respond within a week time-frame; no posting order.
This mandatory for healers; optional for anyone who wants to learn more about healing herbs and poisons.
When you post, please include a type of wound that you would like to heal; Res will be going over 4 different poisons that grown naturally in the Edge on top of those healing herbs.
@[Thor] @[Archibald] @[Ayelet] @[Miykael] @[Lakota]
Resplendence
Grace is just a weakness; or so I've been told
Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand

He had not been doing as much as he should, and the thought filled the horned brute with nothing but guilt and anxiety. Was it right of him to be here, within the Edge with those that he had used to call 'family'? Was he letting them down, as he had done in the Foothills? Gods... Perhaps he should have stayed within the Forest. At least he wouldn't be disappointing those who loved him, who believed in him... If anyone did.

A sharp, minutely painful sensation snapped the overo from his dark and troubled thoughts, head turning to spot the creator of such a tiny affliction. It was Zola, standing upon his withers with tiny claws digging into his hide. The black, eyeless feline stared at the overo's face through empty sockets, but even though the cat's eyes were empty, Apollo had no doubt in his mind that she could see him. The black feline flicked her tail and growled a discontented sound. Annoyance trickled through their bond, curling its way through his veins and seeming to hold, soothe, and admonish his troubled heart, and the Merciful stallion heaved a tired sigh. Even without words, he knew what Zola was trying to say.

An image, however brief, displayed the beauty that was Lakota and Ktulu, flashing across his mind's eye as Zola reminded him just why he was here. Another of Archibald and Loretta, of Kaj, of Resplendence... Everyone who he cared about, and who cared about him. They were why he was here...

"I know..." Apollo murmured, deep tones soft and uncertain, "But... I'm so useless, Zola. What can I do? How can I help?" The annoyance that had so delicately curled about his heart had turned into something akin to love, to adoration and reassuring understanding. A warm, resonating purr emitted from the depths of Zola's tiny chest, soothing to the sound and the feel against his spine.

Nuzzling his muzzle against the cat's soft fur, Apollo heaved a sigh. Help, indeed... His only skills were in healing, and the Edge already had a plethora of doctors and nurses. Would he be a help, or a hindrance?

It was while he was caught in the midst of such a foolish musing that Zola made a sound of distress, and the stallion spotted the cause of it a second later. Valiance, the Companion of Miss Resplendence, shot through the air, twirled about his head before darting off once more, leaving the stag standing in confusion and surprise. Was... He being beckoned? Was Resplendence alright?

Zola, Gods bless her, clamped on tightly to the stallion's mane with her mouth and dug her tiny claws into his skin, her mind urging him on. 'Go! Go!' She seemed to be saying through actions alone, as though understanding whatever message Valiance had been trying to display, and all dark thoughts forgotten, Apollo hurried after the dragon. It didn't take long for them to stumble, almost quite literally, to where Resplendence stood, herbs and plants settled upon a rock as though on display.

"Miss Resplendence?" Apollo asked, honey-brown eyes wide as Zola peered with socket-less eyes over his shoulder. "Are you alright? I saw Valiance, and... I was concerned, ma'am."

ooc: -coughs- I'm rusty for Apoderp. But he wants to see what the hub-ub is about, work on his doctor knowledge, and perhaps inquire about becoming a nurse for the Edge. :3 Thanks for letting him join!

When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
Alysanne
Today was going to be a good day, the decision reached her as soon as she stopped pretending that she was sleeping. She had allowed herself a certain amount to grieve and worry and fuss and when the sun broke upon the horizon it was time to stop. Some days were easier than others at achieving this plan, of course, but today she knew would be different - today there was to be a meeting with the healers and it was going to be a wonderful way to spend her time. Naerys, the little dear, was coming along too. Despite the twist of guilt that shadowed her love for her daughter (and a wave of guilt for even having that first guilt) she soaked up as much time as she could with the girl. Twice she had proved to be an unfit mother but while the truth remained hidden, she would pretend that she was making up for her past mistakes.

At least Arty was here now, in the Edge.

The painted pair travelled together and Alysanne spied a familiar sight weaving through the trees above them. “Good morning, Valiance.” Alysanne greeted the red dragon with a smile as they continued their way to Resplendence’s garden and he, presumably, continued to find the others.

The path they took was a familiar one, though one she had not been taking quite as much as late - with the return of Quilyan and the birth of a beautiful daughter, Res did not need to be checked up on as often as she once did. Though Alysanne was fond of their visits and hoped their friendship would continue to grow. With Naerys following closely behind, the pair found themselves upon a lovely sight - Res having gathered herbs and poisons and put them on display.

Spying the familiar deep red glitter, a smile instantly broke out. “You’re looking shimmering this morning, my dear.” Alysanne chuckled as she came to stand by the sweet mare before her green eyes turned to the stallion she did not recognize fully - perhaps at a herd meeting? - but he spoke with warmth to her counterpart and she greeted him with a smile. Normally, the painted moon doctor had a habit of speaking for Resplendence but she did not think this was an instance where she would have to jump in and save her friend from unwanted socialization.
everybody heals with love
Image Credit
table by Sevin <3

(idk if this is still happening because of the invasion but! Finally replied.
Permission from Rottie to PP Naerys)
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries