the Rift

[OPEN] Trees. Trees are good.

Diesel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

[Image: 2dtakqb.jpg]
DIESEL
Scream for Me

Apparently the Sun God was not particularly thrilled by my answer. Of course I understand why. The things that I feel, the things I see and desire... It has not escaped me that they are abnormal, foreign and taboo, maybe even feared among the common people. I do not always confess the feelings that I feel and my bestial urges, but the Sun God was not one I would lie to. I believe it unwise to attempt deception with any God. And so it did not really surprise me that the god did not answer me or that the look he gave me was perhaps thinly veiled disapproval. So I had left him as he chose his favorites.

Now, easily wandering through the darkness of the forest, I cannot help but feel incredibly unfulfilled. I need to accomplish something.. to.. Well I want to see and feel the fear of those around me, to watch their suffering, to let it mar my complexion. A sigh passes scarred lips. I hope there are enough of those around in this forest to torment. I wander and I wander, but there are nothing but rodents and forest birds. I strike out with a hoof at a squirrel that makes the unfortunate mistake of thinking me a kind fellow. My hardened nail connects with his skull, sending him flying across the forest floor. The critter's cranium is shattered and it lands lifeless on the pine needles.

I walk over to it and step on it - not once, but twice. The bones crack and splinter underneath my weight. As I step back I stare down at it, I find myself... still unfulfilled. This is not what I was really hoping for. I push it aside and walk on, disappointed. Surely there is someone out here that I can.. play with. Finally I stop walking and consent to stand in silence, listening for the approach of someone, anyone.

322 words
Sorry, poor start. @[Caenan] + anyone else?