the Rift

[PRIVATE] Orange sunrise
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia breathed heavily, her steady inhale and exhale puffing white as she finally found the north. The journey to and from the Dragon’s Throat was exhaustingly long, and her muscles burned. She puffed, nostrils flaring with strain as she forced her cloven hooves past green, mountain trees and through snowbanks and pine needles. The pale princess had spoken to Gaucho, ensuring his silence in this battle, and the accomplishment was only overshadowed by the pain biting between her rips from lack of breath.

Tinek, having rejoined with her moments before, flew steadily at her side. His silver scales and her silver armor gleamed in the sunlight, and she absently blinked crystalline snowflakes from her white lashes, sending them tumbling along the pale hairs of her coat now covered in sweat. The pale princess managed to find their location of meeting hours later beneath a swiftly setting sun, and she came to rest, finally, beneath a lone tree living dangerous close to a freezing ocean. Dark blue waters matched the deeply colored skies, and the large, orange sun began its rapid descent into the horizon.

There, she waited and cleaned herself carefully in the water, watching Tinek fish, diving and and out of the waves with his meal. She smiled absently, pleased that he had created a life for himself and that both of their hearts were united in beautiful, loving harmony. Two, delicately shaped ears waited for the leaders to arrive, pleased that this alliance was finally culminating into something great. How long had she waited for war? How much tension could build before it finally broke? Hopefully, they would not have to wait much longer.

Once all had gathered, she took a deep breath. ”Thank you for coming,” she said, bridging the gap between strangers with her common ties. She was a sister in bond to Archibald, knew Kahlua, helped Kaj and served with Deimos. Her relations were few and strong, especially among this wise and clever company. ”I am pleased to express our agreement to fight with you in your plight to escape the shadows of the Moon Goddess,” she said clearly. ”Deimos will know more than I, but we will heavily contribute to your cause since the Falls are no friends of ours. Too long have they denied our request for an alliance while speaking ill of our open home with prejudice and cruelty. The reward of Midas’ downfall is enough for me to fight beside you without question.”

Ophelia took another, deep breath. ”Gaucho will not fight against us either, so we are free now to discuss tactics. I have the power to read minds and can turn invisible at will. I can also speak into the minds of others. What you cannot shout above battle, I can say without speaking. Communication can occur through me without altering anyone to what I share,” she admitted freely, though she was normally not so forthcoming about her powers. ”I suggest that Archibald, you take the assault to the main entrance while we follow an inside lead to a second entrance. Those who have the powers of invisibility can follow me through the bank and attempt to flank them as much as possible. I do not know the layout of the land, so I will be moving blindly.”

”Tinek can help me navigate from the sky, but this will involve a coordinated effort. If any of you disagree or wish to compound upon the skeleton of my idea, I would be pleased to listen.”

Credits: Image by Del-Rae @ DA

@[Archibald]
@[Deimos]

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Archibald the Dauntless Posts: 386
Absent Abyss atk: 6.0 | def: 9.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Equine :: 18.3 hh :: 10 years HP: 80 | Buff: SHIELD
Loretta :: Alaskan Malamute :: Time Slip Time
Just the beating of hearts, like two drums in the grey.

Archibald the Dauntless

& Loretta the Fierce

Archibald stayed true to his word with Ophelia. He left the Aurora Basin, giving just a glance behind him to their sentinels, and headed straight to his leading counterparts. Just as he arrived and mulled over with them what Ophelia had shared, Archibald led them to the meeting place. He had given Kahlua the armor gifted by the Dragon's Throat and Lakota the faceplate. He stayed fairly quiet, Loretta trotting easily at his side. There was no turning back now, nor was there any desire to. Golden glances flicked up every so often at the painted queen, then to the golden king, but no words left the dark knight’s lips.

Finally, Archibald and his equals arrived in the presence of the Basin leadership. Archibald nodded to Ophelia and Deimos in turn. Golden eyes stayed on the grey stallion for only a moment longer, wondering what the death-beast thought of the proposal. He even wondered what the grey thought of him. Had it changed from the fiery dislike Archibald assumed Deimos felt towards him from the loss of the last war they waged together, or even from the war they fought against each other all those years ago. The thought was dismissed, however. Archibald did not need to expel the energy to mind what others thought of him--save for those he had sworn his life to as a leader in arms and blood. Gaucho already hated him deeply, as Archibald did the dun, and it mattered not. If Deimos felt likewise, Archibald would not lose sleep. He would lose sleep regarding his herd’s safety, and had. It was the reason they were standing here now--at least, it was the most important reason in the calculating mind of the Dauntless warlord.

”Kaj can help navigate from the sky, if needed.” Archibald moved his head to motion toward the king’s set of wings. ”The land has changed since the darkness overcame Helovia, but the mountains still have whispers of what they used to be. Memory of patrolling those rocky paths will aid you more than you believe, I predict. I spent some time surveying the surrounding areas from the Heavenly Fields. There are several entrances to the land aside from the main.” Archibald looked to Ophelia, pulling up the memory of standing and speaking with Lakota on the peak, surveying the land that was once his home. ”I believe we should fall on a tactic that worked in our favor before. We will move in during the day and attack at sunset, with the sun at our backs. It will give us the ample amount of light to see, and perhaps disorient the defenders.”

art by shady

Through the ages of time
I've been known for my hate,
but I'm a dealer of simple choices;
for me it's never too late.

please tag me

Deimos the Reaper Posts: 527
Deceased atk: 7.0 | def: 12 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 72.5 | Buff: NUMB
Heather
DEIMOS
The Reaper

The Devil can cite scripture for his purpose.

If Deimos was disappointed to be working alongside those he knew almost naught of, and those who left little to impress him with in prior circumstances (he cast one glimpse towards Archibald), he said nothing. The promise, the decadence, the conviction of warfare was enough to override the calamitous qualms and diatribes between old constituents and heated subject matters, like forced, forged treaties ending with naught but floundering, stumbling armaments. He left the past behind them for now, forgoing and forgiving for the sake of time, diligence, and patience (the eagerness clawed at his insides, the fervency bled through his sight; demonic and sinister, an awakening demon rising to the surface all over again), and he stoked the finery of bloodshed near Ophelia, an overwhelming opus of brutality and savagery. The Reaper’s Machiavellian mind, his saturated, brutal machinations, were too riddled and invoked by the passage of war, by the sudden, crisp, embarking of annihilation to recall petty fortitudes and arguments, flicking an ear once or twice in the direction of the Forsaken’s conversation, adhering to the timeline, to the structure, of their assault. He had never been privy to the Falls’ location and whereabouts, and would be a blind eye amidst the shadows, eternally willing to massacre, to unwind, to uncoil, to devastate and obliterate, if given the proper bearing and orientation. He could lead his troops down narrow trails, over vicious plains, over scattered rubble and furtive, specious whims, just as long as there was a justified route. He nodded towards the notion of Kaj, the winged, gliding King of the Edge (had the world changed so much in the passing seasons, suddenly not swarmed with sable dragon-ladies?), confirming his sentiments and notions. “If there is a particular route you are aware of, we can follow you.” He preferred a side entrance, a veiled passage, a small, enclosed space, a clandestine maneuvering, secretive and embedded with cloaks and daggers, a suffocating, strangling force unfurling into the hallowed void, so as the main entry tore into some open clearing, his own icy brethren could surround, could promise, could wreak the devouring, swallowing, consuming havoc. “We can try to flank and fence them in.” A snare, a trap, a hole of devastation and ruin, no chance for escape, no ability to flee; chased into gallows, massacres, and abhorrence. Would they be trembling rabbits, shivering lambs, or shackled, tethered dogs, running loose, wild, rampant with terror and frenzy? Would the Edge, the Basin, be the predators, the carnivores, slashing at their throats, stabbing at their chests?