Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit

{the stormbringer}
every day I'm cast away, a vagabond
battle born
</style>

Elusion had worked wonders for the King, in the end. Childish and cowardly though it could be considered, it was the only thing that had brought him peace when it came to the fight that still lay cold and obstructive between him and Kahlua. Her pain was obvious to him, but each time he turned his head and allowed her to deal with it herself. Or, more likely, for someone else to venture along and comfort her themselves. He had found peace in the new souls he had met and tethered to himself, one in particular whom he could not keep off his mind. It was addicting, it was fucking terrifying, but the beautiful weather-warrior had inspired in him a strength that Ophelia had taken and shaped into something beautiful and wholesome. She had helped make him into something strong and ready, a piece of himself that had grown into the man that sought out Kahlua in that moment. He’d had his epiphany at the Shrines, the final realization, the puzzle piece he’d been scouring the earth for. Kaj had found the answer to his family’s prayers, the final axe fall down onto the nape of the problem that had been haunting them all since the revealing of the murderer.

There was no doubt in his mind that Archibald would stand by him in his new station, both as brother and leader. Kahlua on the other hand was an untested variable, chaotic and transitional in nature more than personality. She still believed herself too pure to do what Kaj knew he’d have to ask of her, but Kaj had seen the dark of her, had seen it when she’d tried to flee Helovia, when she’d rejected him, when they’d fought. She could not hide from him, because he knew her as well as she knew him. They both knew the softest, most painful parts of one another, and how to exploit those areas. It was a sad fate cropped up from the spilled blood of their relationship, a rose bloomed from the crimson of their anger that Kaj intended to prick his finger upon once more. If Kahlua could not sacrifice some of her morals for the sake of her people, then she was not fit for the crown she wore.

Kaj prayed – and what an odd new experience that was for him – that it would not come to that.

By the time he found the painted woman, she was already in the company of another. Good, Kaj thought to himself. One less person to find. Their voices were soft, melodic. Kaj made his way to them, quiet but not hiding himself from them. Kahlua’s distant gaze still instinctively turned his heart in his chest, worry that he was not supposed to own any longer trying to flounder its way to the surface of his consciousness. It fell back to silence with ease at the memory of a tentative smile, eyes full of turmoil and hope in equal measures. A smile tried to pull at his lips, her feather tied behind his ear, the end of it catching the peripheral of his right eye. No, he would take Arah’s advice. He would be strong; he would cut the broken, infected heartstrings inside his chest and be free from old love and older wounds.

“Kahlua. Archibald.” He sought their attention through their names, face grave and serious in all ways he could construct efficiently. “I’ve found an answer to our problem. But what I ask of you, it is a serious thing. A very large thing. I request that you merely hear me out first.” Eyes turned to Archibald first; he would need to sway the Dauntless to his side before he tried to convince Kahlua. Two against one was a vote he could still push through, as little as he desired to do it. But if force was a necessity, then Kahlua could not think to stop both him and Archibald from securing what they both needed and surely desired.

“As long as we reside here, we are stained by the Goddess and her values. I spoke with Ophelia at the Veins, and I came to the realization, surrounded by all the Gods and their broken shrines, that we have only one option. Both to escape her influence and any harm she may seek to cause us, for our rebellion against her.” Icy eyes looked to the Dauntless, wondering idly if the warrior already knew where this was going to go. He had fought in multiple wars and invasions; surely he would catch onto what Kaj was trying to say. Then he pinned his gaze upon Kahlua, unmoving. Still as stone. “We need another home. We have to invade.” The word was like an omen, a magical word that brought silence down upon him, the gravity of it pulling on his large frame.

“The Throat is our friend, our sister, and as an island it is useless to us. The Basin is closer to us than the Falls currently is, and the continued racism against the Basin from the Hidden Falls is all the more troubling. That leaves us only one option.” Sucking in a breath, Kaj tried to steady his heart, keep it from wavering or sinking down to his hooves with dread. Though he was not entirely fond of the Falls after the meddlesome, sly mares had appeared on his border with Aurelia – not to mention Ghost and her offhand comments – it was still going to end up that he was kicking a family out of their lands. “They wouldn’t have to lose their home. They could come here, fight for these lands. But the Goddess can possibly hurt this family, in ways more than just physical. This is the only option I see that will keep our kin safe.” Eyes turned to Archibald. Surely he also did not want to stay in the land of the Goddess that had killed his mate?

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Be Brave - by Kahlua - 03-31-2015, 09:19 AM
RE: Be Brave - by Archibald - 03-31-2015, 09:20 AM
RE: Be Brave - by Kaj - 03-31-2015, 04:39 PM
RE: Be Brave - by Kahlua - 03-31-2015, 07:59 PM
RE: Be Brave - by Archibald - 03-31-2015, 08:06 PM