the Rift

[OPEN] Icicles and Sentinels [Ophelia]
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia accepted his friendly gesture with concerned grace, letting her whiskers brush the side of his massive cheek when his touched her shoulder. She could only imagine the pain weighing his heart now after the death of Circe - especially knowing what their deaths had done to her own soul. How did he force his hooves to move? What strength did he harbor that allowed him dry eyes when her own wanted so badly to weep? Turning quickly allowed her a moment to blink the gloss from her strange eyes, walking him into the quiet of the tent. Once, they had fought and served together, and by some strange miracle, he had forgiven her for leaving the Foothills barely whispers before battle.

She owed him so much for that alone, but they were closer than comrades. He was the older brother she would never have of her own blood - a silent protector with a pained heart as broken as her own. Archibald, more than others, understood, and through that understanding, they shared a bond deeper than years. Her taciturn moods and odd behaviors had never deterred him before, and though she worried about his hunger for blood, she could not deny that she too felt the thirst. ”If you call for me, I will do my best to be there - always,” she returned, listening to him again now that they were protected by silence.

The mention of the traitorous god made her lips curve into an angry frown, and she exhaled heavily. Ktulu had left the Edge for similar reasons, and she knew that the burden of knowing a murderer was the patron of your land had to be more than just painful. Deep wounds ran through the herd - how could they blindly sleep beneath the mists of a killer? Ophelia quirked a brow at the mention of tension with the Hidden falls, and she wondered what else had occurred besides Midas’ stupidity in regards to her sister. Giving him ample time to finish, she nodded.

”I am curious as to what Midas has done to further alienate himself from your herd as well, and I admit I am surprised that the Falls is in your sights,” she murmured. ”However, the Aurora Basin has grown tired of the petty spitting competition that we have been playing with the pricks in the Falls. Did you know that they refused our offer of alliances? Illynx went to Midas offering our services, and he sent his subjects to deny us. Not once has he set foot in the north, and yet he claims those I help rule are prejudiced? He is the most prejudiced of them all. Times have changed since my father’s era, Archibald, and Midas is either stupid or blind to remain stuck; he is worse than my father was - paranoid and ignorant.”

”I will gladly help you, and I have no doubts that Deimos will support me in this endeavor. We will come to your aide and help you take the Hidden Falls for your own. Midas has sat upon his throne of lies for long enough, and I want safety for you and my sister,” she said firmly. ”I will alert Deimos to what you have said. We need to meet again - your leads and ours - and soon. Shall we gather at the frozen ocean just before you reach the Frostbreathe Steppe? The Western side…”

Art by: veradaine @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Icicles and Sentinels [Ophelia] - by Archibald - 03-31-2015, 09:25 AM
RE: Icicles and Sentinels [Ophelia] - by Ophelia - 03-31-2015, 09:36 AM
RE: Icicles and Sentinels [Ophelia] - by Ophelia - 03-31-2015, 09:40 AM