the Rift

Stormy Harbours

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
the girl.

The timing had not been right, not until now. When it had come, the push towards this place, the girl knew it instinctively, and it brought her comfort. Her ashen friend had told her once that she just knew her name, and the girl had found this hard to understand. Such innate knowledge seemed foreign and impossible. Nothing could be known simple a priori. The world needed to be investigated. Knowledge of the world was out there. It was not stored dormant in her own mind.

At least she hadn't thought so until ... she felt it. A calling. The way the butterfly knows when it is time to emerge from its cocoon, and the way the sapling feels no despair trapped inside of an acorn, the knowledge that was born within her, suddenly stirred. It felt small, unnoticeable, but only just. It was a gentle guiding, a knew way of thinking and being and behaving that the girl could not ignore. It needed to be investigated, and it needed to be here.

So the girl had gone, early in the morning from the Edge, towards the Veins. A place of ancient destruction and new death. But the girl felt no foreboding as she landed upon the rocky shore, no chill of anticipation or unsettled anxiety. She was calm within herself as she normally was. This was where she was meant to be, and she would not rush. She would arrive exactly as she was meant to.

Moving forward the girl cast a golden gaze upon the trees of those whose death had partially contributed to her arrival into the world, but no more so than the tree that marked the place of her half brother. Hototo. She looked upon it with a clinic interest, noting the structure and strength that the growth possessed. The sadness that others felt with regard to the Sky Island events were lost upon her. She understood that they grounded their feelings in the loss of their loved ones but ... they were not lost. Looking at the tree now the girl felt she knew Hototo just as she would have in life. Here he grew - his earthen body in this tree. She had heard that his soul had been taken to dwell with the Gods, but the girl couldn't believe that. They were all just clusters of atoms. Hototo had been rearranged into this tree. Why did they need to split him apart? Why could they not be content with this way of being?

The girl didn't understand.

Life and death were natural, and she vowed to never allow emotions to blind her to the needs of the natural world.

Silently she conjured a few sprites composed of water. They darted gently on the breeze with impressive grace. The girl had been practicing this magic, and now it came much easier to her. The sprites fell upon the trees, watering not only their roots but also their leaves as well.

Smiling the girl closed her eyes, and listened to the world shift all around her. Her magic took hold of her body as soon as she stopped moving, and soon she appeared like a statue, fortified and beautiful next to the living monument of her brother.

Using my VOTG pass.

Private please! And for Earthy <3 I was wondering if he could give her her pauldron+cape, and also to quest for an item! No rush!

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

earth god like quote here~

Hototo had been a noble heart, but shy. His unquestioning loyalty and devotion to those he loved made the colt easy to talk to and naturally a part of the world in which he was born. Isopia was decidedly different. Unlike most naturalists and beings in tune with the earth, she did not possess that uncaring and easy sway about her countenance. In fact, she was rather rigid for a devotee of the Earth, and this was why the God of the Earth was rather fond of his daughter. He would not go so far as to call her naive, but her steadfast beliefs held strong in even the most brutal of storms.

The God of the Earth watched her waiting for a moment before descending. A great wave from below spiraled from the surface in a torrent, swirling onto the rocky platform. Each droplet came together to form his large figure, condensation and flicks of water hissing and smoking as it dropped into the churning, blue lava surrounding the holy outcropping. Their shrines, though broken, remained a testament to their shackled promises, and the god looked upon his, vines growing up the sides, for a brief second.

Droplets of water became furry hide, and he turned his attention back to his daughter, regarding her curiously. If only he could tell her that it would be natural to be sad, that loving is a part of living just as much as dying. Emotion itself did not cloud your judgment - only what you chose to do with that emotion. He loved each and every mortal dearly, but with their death also came an ease of suffering and a new life. How was that not beautiful. Could he not mourn and celebrate at once?

Some things she would have to discover for herself - if only she opened herself to experience more than what she decided she should. "Isopia," he rumbled fondly, deep voice potent as thunder and gentle as a spring breeze. "What brings you here?" he asked. Certainly, he might be able to glean the gist, but he found it much more honorable to let everyone speak for themselves. One of the most beautiful facets of humanity was speech and thought - he would never intentionally deny someone the opportunity to share of themselves.

@[Isopia]

CREDITS

Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
the girl.

As sounds drifted towards her ears, Isopia unconsciously jumped in her skin. Immediately she cursed her body for being so prone to physical responses. It caused the statue-like quality her body had taken on to immediately break and shatter around her, littering the ground with bits of stone, dirt, and moss. One day she would learn how to control her body just as completely as she could control her own mind.

The demi-child's deep golden gaze and death-marked face watched with awe as her Father composed himself seemingly out of nothing. Materials just created him, pulled to him by some unseen magnetism. The girl had only a small fraction of that power - she could draw water and earth to her, but it did not compose her. Even when she stood very, very still and her body began to meld into her surroundings, it did not change her fundamental composition. It only masked it.

Thus far, her Father was the only one to make her feel small. She was growing and aging at a fairly rapid pace - her hips constantly loomed over her shoulders as growth spurt after growth spurt pulled her frame higher and higher. She had been much, much smaller when she had completed his flood-related tasks, but this was the first time the two had been in relatively close proximity for an extended period of time. Self-consciousness was not a feel that the girl felt often, but she felt it now. She had not been born out of love, but out of need. Her Father had not been present for her birth (though she hardly thought that mattered), but had been more or less scarce in her life up until this point. In fairness, the girl had never sought him out either but ... worry lay heavily upon her mind.

Was she doing what she should? The girl's mind flashed to animals who she put out of misery and the ones she had saved. To the plants that she had cultivated and cared for. She had tried to aid those around her into making better and more rational decisions. Had she been doing enough?

A small sigh escaped her body as her Father said her name. It didn't surprise her that he knew what it was, even though the girl had only recently found out. She had waited, perhaps much, much longer than anyone else had, to give herself a name. Yet Aithniel's words rang true in her mind - Aithniel had just known her name. So what if it had taken Isopia a year to know her own?

"Hello Father." She said, golden eyes closing as her quad-horned head lowered slightly in greeting. "I have been learning a lot since I was born. It is nice to age so quickly so that I am more capable ... Although sometimes I find myself wanting to slow things down, so that I have more time to observe." Her voice indicated she wasn't looking for recognition or consolation. The girl was merely stating the facts of why she had come here, as her Father had asked. "I am trying to learn new languages -" Here, she thought of Volterra, Kaj, Verlaine, and the sea creatures who spoke greek to her, and helped her find her name. "And I've been learning about ancient civilizations." If those who ignored history were doomed to repeat it, then Iso would learn all she could about the world they lived on, and the mistakes of the past.

She had learned of one group, the Jain monks, who held that all life was sacred. They even took their vows so far as to sweep the ground before them so that they would not trample any bugs who might be beneath their feet. It was certainly and arduous way to live, and Iso found it very impractical. Still, she agreed in that while all life might not be sacred, it all certainly held a purpose. The more she thought about it, the more it plagued her mind. Her Father and his kin had created the world - had set it upon a path that they were now inescapably upon. It would be thoughtless of her to go around trampling upon plants and small creatures out of pure ignorance. "The things I've learned have got me thinking. I would like to make shoes for my hooves - shoes that protect the life below me when I walk. I can't do it on my own. Can you help me?"

The girl fell silent, her golden eyes roaming from her Father's eyes to his nose. She found it hard to maintain eye contact for very long, especially when she was asking for help. It was something Iso didn't do very often.

"Please." She added as an afterthought.

Can earthy give her her pauldron and cape too ? I've already used my custom item for it in the records <3

The item she wants to quest for is something like:
:: [Item: 4 horse shoes | Magical horse shoes that protect plant and animal life from being crushed by the wearer.]

Image Credits

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

earth god like quote here~

The God of the Earth had learned from his loss of Hototo. His son. He had been present in his life, teaching, wielding, molding, and he did blame himself to a degree for his death. What if he had let Hototo grow on his own? Learn more from his mother instead? There were many reasons why he chose to stand back from Isopia’s youth, but this was certainly one of them. The girl was growing at a rapid pace, a decision he had made with the others. If he remembered correctly, the sun girl was aging similarly. The atrocities committed by his sister were proof enough that the mortals needed protection from themselves.

Their children had been too young to act and fight, too innocent to understand. Now, they would be able to help, and he listened to Iso sigh with unending patience. Time was irrelevant to the God of the Earth. He could lay in wait for years if needed, just as a river ever flows. Speaking her name, a name that was more than just something to call her, seemed to elicit that response, and he smiled softly. Isopia had taken her time discovering who she was, and that was perfectly all right. Even now, she seemed a little lost.

But when we are ‘lost’, we discover new and wonderful things and roads we may not have found otherwise. To be lost was a rare and beautiful gift. Hopefully she would see this truth – one day.

The God nodded, allowing her room to speak and think without interruption. Only when she was done and her request asked (with the added ‘please’) did he take a deep breath and response. His voice was like a waterfall, powerful and overwhelming, though his tones were warm as earth and softer than a butterfly’s wing. “There is no rush in your life,” he counselled. “Though you may be aging, you can still take time to observe, and just because your body is growing older does not mean that your mind has to as well.”

He smiled. “Learn your languages and discover new civilizations. Those who came before you, many many years ago – the first Helovians, were very interesting. It was they who built the ancient rotunda, but they killed each other in a great war. Very few remain of that lineage, and Helovia was empty for some time, recovering from their bloodshed.”

Her request was innocent and thoughtful, and he nodded, smiling. “A noble request to want something not for yourself but for others,” he replied. “Though the shoes you request will not be easy to make. You will need to go into the caves and bring me back crystal that hangs from the ceiling and water from the deep forest. Once I have these, I will make you your shoes. Please be careful with the caves, however. Take only what you need.”

CREDITS

the girl.

The girl listened as her Father spoke, silent and contemplative. Unlike the feelings she had towards her Mother, Isopia knew inherently and believed in her Father's wisdom. It permeated through her, and, as if she needed more evidence, was apparent in the beauty of the world that they lived in. She could not look at a drop of water, or a small sapling growing without simultaneously approving of her Father's fastidious forethought and care.

As her Father instructed her to find and retrieve items, the girl nodded. That he could change crystal and water into something which would protect that which grew beneath her, was beyond her comprehension. Part of her was jealous of the power that he wielded within his rustic breast, and she tried to stifle it. She could not maintain balance in Helovia if she felt unsatisfied internally. Her Father had already given her many gifts - and by sending her on this task demonstrated a willingness to give her even more. He was here to do the things she could not.

"I will do as you ask." She repeated, her voice gentle and low as her golden gaze rose hesitantly to meet his, before dropping again. "And I will be careful in the caves." She agreed.

Turning, she began to exit the shrines before the pressing obligation of politeness weighed heavily on her mind. Turning her quad horned head, she smiled almost sheepishly. "Thank you." She mumbled, her tone holding an apologetic lilt, as she turned back to resume her exit, her step now filled with purpose.

Image Credits