the Rift

Stormy Harbours

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
the girl.

As sounds drifted towards her ears, Isopia unconsciously jumped in her skin. Immediately she cursed her body for being so prone to physical responses. It caused the statue-like quality her body had taken on to immediately break and shatter around her, littering the ground with bits of stone, dirt, and moss. One day she would learn how to control her body just as completely as she could control her own mind.

The demi-child's deep golden gaze and death-marked face watched with awe as her Father composed himself seemingly out of nothing. Materials just created him, pulled to him by some unseen magnetism. The girl had only a small fraction of that power - she could draw water and earth to her, but it did not compose her. Even when she stood very, very still and her body began to meld into her surroundings, it did not change her fundamental composition. It only masked it.

Thus far, her Father was the only one to make her feel small. She was growing and aging at a fairly rapid pace - her hips constantly loomed over her shoulders as growth spurt after growth spurt pulled her frame higher and higher. She had been much, much smaller when she had completed his flood-related tasks, but this was the first time the two had been in relatively close proximity for an extended period of time. Self-consciousness was not a feel that the girl felt often, but she felt it now. She had not been born out of love, but out of need. Her Father had not been present for her birth (though she hardly thought that mattered), but had been more or less scarce in her life up until this point. In fairness, the girl had never sought him out either but ... worry lay heavily upon her mind.

Was she doing what she should? The girl's mind flashed to animals who she put out of misery and the ones she had saved. To the plants that she had cultivated and cared for. She had tried to aid those around her into making better and more rational decisions. Had she been doing enough?

A small sigh escaped her body as her Father said her name. It didn't surprise her that he knew what it was, even though the girl had only recently found out. She had waited, perhaps much, much longer than anyone else had, to give herself a name. Yet Aithniel's words rang true in her mind - Aithniel had just known her name. So what if it had taken Isopia a year to know her own?

"Hello Father." She said, golden eyes closing as her quad-horned head lowered slightly in greeting. "I have been learning a lot since I was born. It is nice to age so quickly so that I am more capable ... Although sometimes I find myself wanting to slow things down, so that I have more time to observe." Her voice indicated she wasn't looking for recognition or consolation. The girl was merely stating the facts of why she had come here, as her Father had asked. "I am trying to learn new languages -" Here, she thought of Volterra, Kaj, Verlaine, and the sea creatures who spoke greek to her, and helped her find her name. "And I've been learning about ancient civilizations." If those who ignored history were doomed to repeat it, then Iso would learn all she could about the world they lived on, and the mistakes of the past.

She had learned of one group, the Jain monks, who held that all life was sacred. They even took their vows so far as to sweep the ground before them so that they would not trample any bugs who might be beneath their feet. It was certainly and arduous way to live, and Iso found it very impractical. Still, she agreed in that while all life might not be sacred, it all certainly held a purpose. The more she thought about it, the more it plagued her mind. Her Father and his kin had created the world - had set it upon a path that they were now inescapably upon. It would be thoughtless of her to go around trampling upon plants and small creatures out of pure ignorance. "The things I've learned have got me thinking. I would like to make shoes for my hooves - shoes that protect the life below me when I walk. I can't do it on my own. Can you help me?"

The girl fell silent, her golden eyes roaming from her Father's eyes to his nose. She found it hard to maintain eye contact for very long, especially when she was asking for help. It was something Iso didn't do very often.

"Please." She added as an afterthought.

Can earthy give her her pauldron and cape too ? I've already used my custom item for it in the records <3

The item she wants to quest for is something like:
:: [Item: 4 horse shoes | Magical horse shoes that protect plant and animal life from being crushed by the wearer.]

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Messages In This Thread
Stormy Harbours - by Isopia - 03-31-2015, 03:16 PM
RE: Stormy Harbours - by God of the Earth - 04-18-2015, 11:49 PM
RE: Stormy Harbours - by Isopia - 04-19-2015, 10:54 AM
RE: Stormy Harbours - by God of the Earth - 04-26-2015, 01:41 PM
RE: Stormy Harbours - by Isopia - 04-27-2015, 03:03 PM