the Rift

[PRIVATE] mental machinations
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia smirked as she listened to Deimos’ succinct reply, constantly astounded at how he could say both so much and so little at once. She knew he would agree, but she had to admit that she was offended at the surprise she saw written on Hotaru’s features when she openly agreed to war. The pale princess was not one to shirk violence, but she was also clever and keen. Running to a battle unprepared was not her style; she would, instead, wait, like a knife in the shadows, and when victory was ensured, she would strike without mercy. This was one of those rare moments where every piece of the puzzle fell together perfectly, no stone left unturned. Ophelia had skeletons in her closet and darkness in her past, and she wanted revenge just as any other.

Contrary to popular belief, Ophelia was not a “good” character. She followed the sun, but the sun can blind. She was beautiful, pristine, but bloody. Her words were softly spoken and beautifully arranged, but speaking only what was necessary. Ophelia was gray, neither black nor white. Cloven hooves, split just like the colors of her eyes, walked a fine line between two halves of a whole. She was a twin, one of a pair. She was half-blooded, neither one nor the other. She had a horn, but she had dragon. Her life rested upon the fulcrum of stereotype without once falling from one side to the other, and the precarious balancing act was a constant source of curiosity.

Ophelia smiled at Hotaru, proud. ”Excellent, Hotaru. You have… truly outdone yourself. I am in awe of your skills and look forward to fighting at your side, for I would never keep you from this battle.” She looked then to Deimos, relaying what she had told to Archibald about a meeting of the leaders. ”We need to meet the leaders of the World’s Edge near the ocean of the Frostbreathe Steppe,” she said quietly. ”Archibald will be waiting there for us, and we can speak tactics and plans.”

She paused. ”I must alert Gaucho and ask him not to support the Falls, and I trust him not to relay our secret. Gather the soldiers, and I will meet you there in a few days’ time.” Ophelia leapt from the tent moments later, starting her swift descent into Helovia as if death’s hounds were nipping at her heels.

Credits: Image by perfectperfection @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
mental machinations - by Hotaru - 03-31-2015, 04:35 PM
RE: mental machinations - by Ophelia - 03-31-2015, 04:56 PM
RE: mental machinations - by Deimos - 03-31-2015, 05:22 PM
RE: mental machinations - by Hotaru - 03-31-2015, 05:25 PM
RE: mental machinations - by Ophelia - 03-31-2015, 05:26 PM
RE: mental machinations - by Deimos - 03-31-2015, 05:28 PM