the Rift

[OPEN] Gloom and Doom

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
A tiny pink mouth hangs open at the sight of the fallen and defeated mountains. "Well would you look at that, big guy. There are some things that are bigger than you!" Laughter of the lighthearted-yet-wizened variety follow after the hooded creature's jest, and a gnarled hand reaches down to pat the beast he is sitting upon. There isn't much there for the Elder to pat, but the action is not meant to convey his affection. "I'm sorry, old fella. You know I didn't mean it like that." The wrinkly sage has been traveling with his (eerily) silent mount for centuries, yet he still insists on conversing with the enchanted skeleton regardless. You need to do something to pass the time when all you have is an eternity of it, as they say. The Elder twists his head about to study the rest of the land.

"Well, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, hmmm? Although I'm not sure the locals know that these were indeed mountains at one point..." The old wizard mutters, pursing his dried-out lips and tsking. Not that anyone watching him can see the disapproval on his face anyway; every inch of his blotted and dusty-purple skin is hidden by the oversized robe that he wears. "These once-mountains must mark the entrance to someplace." From behind the flaccid hood, two rows of eyes continue to watch the immobile sentinels, waiting for something to happen. He crosses his wrists gives them a few minutes to get over their stage fright before throwing his clawed hands up in defeat. "ALRIGHT! Well, obviously you pipsqueaks fell for nothing, hmmm, and I don't have time to waste" -- if it is possible for a skeleton to roll it's eye sockets, the draconian remains do just that -- "so we will be LEAVING! C'mon Gaoulle, let's beat i- aaaaOOOUWWW!"

Unable to complete his dismissal of the mountains as his draconian companion lurches forwards between them, the tiny robed creature can do little else but hold on tight. Luckily for him his hands fit well between his mount's ribs, and finding one to latch onto is just a matter of reaching down. Still, the old man is not impressed.

"Gaoulle! GAOULLE! What are you doing, lad?! This isn't- STAY ON THE PATH!" Cracked and yellow teeth clack together in time to the Undead's bouncy gait, and soon the Elder finds himself wishing he'd invested in a saddle. His stunted tail has never been subjected to this kind of trauma before, but there is little to be done about it. Sooner or later these rampant bones will have to stop, but the only question is when. Fortunately the ride comes to a stop at that exact moment, but the sudden halt sends the little mystic flying through the air. With a scream preceding his descent and his robe streaming behind the crone lands at the two ladies' feet.

The Elder doesn't notice them at first and takes his time nursing his bruised behind, but when he looks up to scold Gaoulle for his joyride it is flesh and blood and rainbows that he sees in place of bone. "AHHH!" The creature's concealed hands fly to his hood to make sure it is drawn down to hide his face.

"Oh, mortals, heh heh..." Shrimpy arms and legs struggle as he butt-scooches away from them. He is breathing rapidly in his panicked state, and both of the strangers' smells drift easily past his hood. His head tilts at their scents, and he pauses to evaluate them. "Maybe not so mortals, hmmmmm... Hybrids." The cloaked figure twists his head around to scrutinize his companion next. "Could you have sensed this, hmmm?" His companion is completely motionless, offering no suggestions as to whether he has meant to find the mares or not. The little one finds this to be insulting until he follows the dragon's emotionless stare .

"Hmm, well of course you did. You've never done something so absurd before!" Turning to the rainbow girl -- who his friend is gawking at -- he squints his eyes and scrutinizes her, trying to figure out why she is so important. To him, she just looks like her brightness setting needs to be turned down a few notches. "Look, I'm sorry miss, but Gaoulle he-" the Elder's mouth drops open for the second time today as the skeleton steps over him and blocks his view of the peacock. "Well excuse me, sir! If you like her so much, why don't you just stay with her?"

At this the bones drop to the ground, slowly sinking into it as if it has become quick sand and leaving only the head of the beast behind. The empty sockets gaze up at the vibrant lady, as if pleading with her to keep him. If the Elder's jaw can drop any further, it is definitely trying to do its best.

A few moments pass as he struggles to comprehend what has just happened, until finally he gets up from the ground and brushes the dirt off his robe. "It looks as if he has found a new master, hmm." His words are heavy with a bit of betrayal, but he does his best to keep it together. A single tear falls from his fourth eye, but he does not wipe it away. They cannot see behind his hood anyway. "You've been chosen, that's for sure, but I cannot quite say why." Crooked fingers grasp the edge of one sleeve, tearing a strip of fabric away with a bit of effort.

Scooping up the skull, the ancient being ties it to part of the bone and offers it to the mare. "Here. Carry him, wear him, do as you will, hmm. I rode him, for Aether's sake! This fabric is very old and will not last long as a strap, though. I do suggest you get this replaced." He rips off a few more strips and turns to the black one when he says, "She can summon the other bones by asking Gaoulle, but if she wants to wear them you should tie them to her. Dragon bones are very resistant to heat as well as damage, hmm, but that doesn't mean she can go jump in lava. Very useful stuff, though, hmm..." Looking off into the distance, he furrows his brow. "He misplaced his tail a very long time ago... Hmm.... Well, I best be off! You be good to him, now! He doesn't talk much, but I'm sure you won't mind it. You ladies have each other, after all. Ciao!" And with a little wiggle of his hips and a clap of his hands, the Elder vanishes, leaving the echo of a chuckle behind.

{Bellona has been granted her bone armor! Custom item pass used for this reception!}

Messages In This Thread
Gloom and Doom - by Bellona - 03-31-2015, 07:52 PM
RE: Gloom and Doom - by Ghost - 04-01-2015, 06:28 PM
RE: Gloom and Doom - by Bellona - 04-01-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: Gloom and Doom - by Ghost - 04-02-2015, 06:51 PM
RE: Gloom and Doom - by NPC - 04-04-2015, 10:14 PM
RE: Gloom and Doom - by Bellona - 04-06-2015, 04:31 PM