the Rift

[OPEN] its not much

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri

I flew as far as I could, but the closer I got to the Basin the colder it got and the heavier the snow fell. I wouldn't have even been going that far north if it hadn't been for Mister Archibald telling me about Momma being with Auntie Ophelia. I knew Momma was hurting and I knew Auntie probably was to because I assumed she loved Hototo, too, and with her being the Lady of the Basin she was already busy. I didn't think Momma was a burden to Auntie, but I still wanted to say 'thank you' to her for taking care of Momma. I also wanted to hear straight from Auntie about how my Momma was because Mister Archibald didn't really have much of an answer for me and if this 'twin bond' thing was a powerful as he said then Auntie could answer a lot of my questions.

I shivered as I trudged through the snow because I certainly wasn't used to the snow. I'd lived in the Dragon's Throat for so long I'd become used to the heat. Even Frostfall there wasn't so bad. Nevertheless, I did not have a winter coat and the snow and ice bit into my hide like vicious wolves, making me wonder how anyone lived here all the time. I continued my walk, the amulets I'd found and had hanging around my neck clinked against one another, barely heard over the rushing wind that swept the snow everywhere.

I almost missed it, but there was a narrow pass tucked away in the grey stone that surrounded the basin. I slipped past it and took a minute to shake the snow from my body. I wasn't sure if the pass was the way to the Basin but I decided to check it out to be sure. If it wasn't I would just have to turn around, brave the snow again, and look for something else.

How far would I have to travel before I found my answer?

I pondered on that question as I walked and, in the end, I guess it was pure luck that I found the right mountain pass. I was confident, anyway, when I saw the big metal horses that I'd heard rumors of. I stopped and took a moment to admire them because they were ... interesting. I'd never seen anything like it before, but I couldn't spend all day looking at them, so I cleared my throat and called for her. "Auntie!" Wait ... "Err... Ophelia? Lady Ophelia?" I wasn't sure what to call her.

"."

@[Ophelia]

Image Credit

aud pixel!
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

The sentinels in front sounded off, and Ophelia lifted her neck, jerking at the sound of a visitor. Not long had she been back in the Basin, preparing, when fear crawled down her spine. Were they found out? Did someone know? The pale princess exhaled a frosty breath, cantering easily toward the entrance, brows furrowed hard over her features. She did not want to have to call this off - not after they had worked so hard to make it all happen.

Much to her surprise, she found her niece on her doorstep and looked around, wondering if Ktulu was nearby to say hello to her daughter. Not seeing the war-mare, she approached as warmly as she could given the circumstances. "Ranjiri!" she exclaimed, still curious as to what brought the girl this far north all by herself. "Welcome to the Aurora Basin, dear. What brings you this far north?"

Tinek swooped down moments later, landing on the stone just in front of the sentinels and chirping at the girl. He had not seen her for some time, and he was glad to find the little girl-child safe and sound. Ophelia agreed through their bond, and she turned with her body, inviting her inside. "You should stay here for the time being; it might not be safe in a few days."

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri

I'll admit that it startled me when the sentinals made their noise that could alert everyone in the Basin that I was there. If I had known that it was that easy I wouldn't have even called out for my Aunt. My eyes rose to look at the metal beasts as I waited and soon enough I could hear someone approaching and I hoped that it was my Aunt and not someone that I didn't know. She said my name and relief flooded me that it was Auntie Ophelia that came before anyone else. I smiled, suddenly shy because I hadn't seen her since she left the Foothills. "Hi... um..." My head turned and I looked at Tinek as he chirped at me. "Wow ... he got bigger."

I blinked then looked back at my Aunt as she asked why I was there and invited me inside of the Basin. "Mister Archibald said Momma was here." I replied. "He said that you were helping her." I stepped forward to walk with my Aunt. "And I wanted to know how she was but Mister Archibald couldn't really answer that so I thought I would come to you." I lifted my gaze to try and meet her's. "So... how is she?" I feared for the worst, worried that Hototo's death would break my Momma. I was scared that she wouldn't want to live. I wondered if she thought about me, if she wished my place could be traded with Hototo's, if she loved me as much as she loved him. It was silly because I knew that she loved me. I had a whole childhood of proof that she did.

"Oh. And I brought you these." I motioned with my muzzle to the amulets around my neck. "Its not much, but its a 'thank you' for taking care of her." It was then that Auntie Ophelia's words finally sank into my brain and I looked at her, my expression quizzical. "What do you mean not safe?"

"."

Image Credit

aud pixel!