the Rift

[OPEN] GTFO [Invasion Watching Thread]

Ink Posts: 121
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 6 years
Blu

The sound of fighting is not new to my ears, but I can't say I've ever been near to anything quite like this. My initial reaction is pure and undoctored terror, which sends my black legs into a swift, ground-churning gallop throughout the herdland. I'd like to say it's the rude awakening from my slumber, mixed with the ominous red of the dawn spilling across the sky, that lends me this cowardice, but I know I'd be lying. I have always been a self serving sort, because I haven't found anyone much better than myself to serve. It's not just selfishness that drives me though, but also inadequacy. What was I in the face of so many soldiers?

Just an ink blot.

An ink blot, idiot! I remember with sudden clarity my magic, as if I've ever so casually forgotten it before, and in an instant I am an explosion of dark fluid flung all around; a sinister rain if you would, sans the sinister. It only takes another few moments, and then my dark puddle is reforming, but still shiny and wet, still fluid and loose. I literally draw myself back into existence, my artistic vision supplying the physical needs that my soul yearns for. Rather than the gangly, sweat-stained stallion mounted by fear, I extend two dark wings and flare one dark fan-tail. The world turns in my beady black eyes and I laugh back at it with my sharp, stout beak.

As my dear friend the raven, I'm easy to overlook. Certain that I won't be targeted I take to my wet wings, flapping with considerably less grace as the real thing, into a low branch which I can glide to. There, near the other babes and maidens which have fled the bloodshed, I stand watch. I'd like to say it's nobility, or loyalty, or something equally heroic which leaves me within the boundaries of war and home - that I watch with a distant majesty of carefully articulated detachment and immoral surveillance. Yet, I know it is not thus. I am simply curious, and like a good spy always watching; this just happens to be something worth my eyes.

Tag me only if starting a new thread.
Magic or force permitted any time, aside from death.

Messages In This Thread
GTFO [Invasion Watching Thread] - by Shida - 04-01-2015, 09:48 AM
RE: GTFO [Invasion Watching Thread] - by Auriel - 04-01-2015, 10:11 AM
RE: GTFO [Invasion Watching Thread] - by Shida - 04-01-2015, 10:43 AM
RE: GTFO [Invasion Watching Thread] - by Africa - 04-01-2015, 07:06 PM
RE: GTFO [Invasion Watching Thread] - by Ink - 04-01-2015, 09:33 PM
RE: GTFO [Invasion Watching Thread] - by Syrena - 04-01-2015, 10:23 PM
RE: GTFO [Invasion Watching Thread] - by Bellisma - 04-01-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: GTFO [Invasion Watching Thread] - by Auriel - 04-02-2015, 10:24 AM
RE: GTFO [Invasion Watching Thread] - by Adelis - 04-02-2015, 12:24 PM
RE: GTFO [Invasion Watching Thread] - by Vincent - 04-04-2015, 12:39 PM
RE: GTFO [Invasion Watching Thread] - by Bellisma - 04-05-2015, 07:40 AM