the Rift

[OPEN] GTFO [Invasion Watching Thread]

Vincent Posts: 32
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 19.0 :: 10 Buff: NOVICE
Claribel :: Irish Wolfhound :: None Sparrow
Vincent thought that Mandrake was his biggest fear, the most terrifying obstacle in his life, the reaper of his soul. He had been certain that She would be his death, that She would rip the heart from his body and drink his blood, revel in his corpse... But that fear, that terror, that all-consuming panic paled to the heart-stopping horror that was his twin brother marching into war.

"A-A-Archibald..." Hesitant, blubbering stutters escaped the massive brute's trembling lips, golden eyes glowing, radiating the light of the sun with fierce emotion.

The mammoth specter had gone to the Edge in search of his brother, his twin, for Archibald the Dauntless, and he had arrived just in time to see the members of his brother's herd marching for war. Dreadfully he had followed, anxiety and dismay growing in his ebony breast with every step of a huge hoof, staying back and out of the way, musculature quivering and shuddering with apprehension and fright.

War...

Why were they going to war? What had happened? Was his brother alright?

Those questions had haunted Vincent as he and little Claribel had followed the World's Edge herd to the land of the Hidden Falls, the land where the wolfhound pup had hatched from her strange egg. What were they doing here?

Skirting the troops and hoping not to be seen, although honestly, Vincent lacked all capabilities of a spy and so wouldn't be surprised if he was discovered, the enormous brute dragged his considerable bulk to the top of a hill overlooking most of the battle that waged down below. There were others around, perhaps souls that called his land 'home', but the cowardly beast paid them no mind. He remained near a thicket of trees, cascaded in darkness from the setting sun, glowing molten eyes giving away his position like two golden lightning bugs in the dark. His attention and glowing gaze was locked upon the form of Archibald, of his twin, and with such intensive anxiety and fear Vincent found himself stepping from hoof to hoof, shifting about, muscles twitching and tail flicking and nostrils flaring and please, please, please... Oh Gods, please.

Standing at his side, Claribel, Gods bless her, did her best to remain calm, sending waves of love, reassurance, and warmth through the bond that they shared. The growing wire-haired pup's large, bluish eyes stared out across the land that would serve as a battlefield before darting up to Vincent, and a tiny whine left her maw. Even at Claribel's attempt at distraction, Vincent couldn't look away.

Down there, on the battlefield stood his mirror image, a brute so strong, so powerful, so capable, so stouthearted, so dauntless, and Vincent could only stand atop the hill, hidden by trees and by shadows, as his brother, his twin, his womb-mate, his world went to fight for a family that was not him.

He wasn't worthy.

He wasn't brave.

He wasn't a good son.

"A-A-Archibald..."

ooc: So. I hope none of you lovely people mind if I drop him here? Feel free to mess with him if you want! He's just here to watch the fight (aka - watch Archibald).

I clutched my life
And wished it kept.
My dearest love I'm not done yet
reference

I raised myself.
My legs were weak.
I prayed my mind be good to me.

Messages In This Thread
GTFO [Invasion Watching Thread] - by Shida - 04-01-2015, 09:48 AM
RE: GTFO [Invasion Watching Thread] - by Auriel - 04-01-2015, 10:11 AM
RE: GTFO [Invasion Watching Thread] - by Shida - 04-01-2015, 10:43 AM
RE: GTFO [Invasion Watching Thread] - by Africa - 04-01-2015, 07:06 PM