[OPEN] Have Courage [rejoining]

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper
Cheveyo
I know that you feel me somehow -
you're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be

It would be lying if I said the nerves coursing through my painted and scarred frame weren't lined with the electric energy of anxiety as I stepped back into the world of Helovia for the third and final time in my life. This time I didn't wait in the thick undergrowth of the Threshold for someone to come along and sweet-talk me into following them to whatever herd it was they sponsored, I knew where I was going and it had been calling me back for quite some time now. It just hadn't been time to go. Once my mind had finally been healed as much as it possibly could be without bringing the brown boy back from the dead I knew I had stayed away from my home and family for as long as fate could possibly allow.
The shattered walls rose from the ground, varying in height as it cracked and fell to the ground in different areas. It seemed Dragomir hadn't finished his task of breaking down the rest of the wall and turning the beautiful glass into various other projects, for a moment I wondered if the bay paint had returned or if he was still gone as he had been when I broke down and left for the second time, leaving behind an army and a fellow Captain who probably thought of me as some turncoat now. A shaky sigh slid from rosy kissers as white splashed limbs came to a halt in the tall grass before the entrance. I was nearly sure I could have just walked freely back into the gateway and moved back into the routine of life here, but the idea of just coming back all willy-nilly seemed almost as wrong as leaving in the first place.
Sucking in a lungful of the slightly salty air that indicated being home I let loose a call into the misty filled air, not yet cut through by the heat of the day as it was still early the sound of the bird's song beginning to fill the silence while I waited. Shivers of anxious energy passed through my frame and I quickly quelled them, not wanting to seem like some kind of basket case standing here when the welcoming committee arrived. Today would be the day that they learned of the demons who had roamed freely in my jaded mind, I just prayed to whoever was listening that they would understand and welcome me home with open arms or at least a fake smile on their faces.

"Talk talk talk."
Tag;; @[Archibald]
Words;; 424
OOC;; Setting is a week before the invasion! Sorry it's kinda short, wanted to get it out of the way xD
Table by Rayo
Image Credits

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!

Isopia the Mountain That Knows Posts: 780
Dragon's Throat Apostle atk: 6.5 | def: 10 | dam: 8.0
Mare :: Tribrid :: 18hh :: 3 - is now aging slowly HP: 90 | Buff: NUMB
Hubris :: Royal Bronze Dragon :: Shock Breath & Frost Breath & Babel :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Fire Breath Odd
<style>.forest::-webkit-scrollbar {width: 2px;} .forest::-webkit-scrollbar-track {background-color: #fff;} .forest::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb {background-color: #000000; border-top: 10px solid #fff; border-bottom: 10px solid #fff;}</style>

[Hope you don't mind, it said open? Iso is just sitting in a tree watching. You can skip me in posting, she just wants to watch.]

Almost everyone in the Edge knew her in this form. Often she hid in trees and the skies, circling on the black wings that accompanied her raven body. She was far from being an ordinary raven however - she was larger and had bright golden eyes. That was not the strangest thing about her though, in this form or her regular one. Her face had been marked by death.

On silent wings, the girl's golden gaze watched the mare below. She knew eventually someone would come for her, and so she didn't let her mind dwell on just who she was. Someone returning home? A new face? The girl didn't know, or care. She was more interested in who would come. The girl hoped it was Archibald or Kaj. Both had such different dealings with the herd, and the girl found it interesting.

Archibald seemed so steadfast in his ability to make decisions under pressure, and always appeared so outwardly strong. The girl was drawn to it, to his confidence and his strength. Where did it come from? How did he mold it in such a way as to make him so successful? She didn't know, but would be happy to find out.

And so, the girl perched on a tree. She picked one that was particularly devoid of growth so that she could have a clear line of sight to the oddly painted mare below. How long with they have to wait before someone came? She couldn't be sure, but the girl had time. Waiting was not hard for her. Tucking her blackened wings against her avian body, the girl silently looked on.

Image Credits

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here

Aaron Posts: 260
World's Edge Protector atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 hh :: 6 Years HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alanna :: Common Hellhound :: Energy Drain Emily
Aaron

Since arriving back at the Edge, lots of things have gone on. The one thing that has not changed, the need to patrol. If I was to take me place among the warriors of the Edge, it was something I needed to get back in the practice of. Alanna was keen to patrol as ever. We had run our own patrols, mostly at night. Today we ran one earlier than normal. I still needed plenty of rest, the night terrors taking enough sleep from me once the darkness fell.

No one but Alanna knows what I see in my dreams at night. I am lucky that I have not woken anyone else when I wake up screaming. I see my sisters dead bodies, bloated and mauled by others and time. I see the shades of Isilme, the bloodthirsty remnants of the dead... Stop. Lanna speaks into my mind. We have been moving along the broken glass wall for some time now and I haven't been focused. Her icy blue eyes meet my deep brown ones. It is only then I realize there was more than one reason for us to stop. A few yards ahead stood a familiar face. One that I would gladly welcome home. I move forward, whickering to alert Cheveyo of my presence. It's only when I am a mere couple a feet away that I stop and speak. "Cheveyo, it's been a long time." I extend my muzzle to touch her own should she allow it.

Alanna comes and sits in front of my front hooves. She looks up at the painted princess. Have I always called her a princess? No, I think she was a warrior the last time I saw her. But something about her, maybe just the way I see her was different this time. Alanna looked to me, knowing my thoughts. Breathe. She reminds me gently. I was still healing emotionally. I needed time to heal... But maybe as nervous as she seemed I could calm her at least.

"Talking"

Image- foxyfirewings @ DA
Brush- http://www.obsidiandawn.com

In Nomine Patris Et Filii
Et Spiritus Sancti

Please Tag Aaron in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Aaron at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing him.

Cheveyo Posts: 159
Hidden Account atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.2 :: 8 :: Tallsun HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Semper
Cheveyo
I know that you feel me somehow -
you're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be

I couldn't help but wonder if coming back to the Edge was a bad choice for my fragile mental health. Though my time in the Edge wasn't overly long, it was full of memories. Some of these memories were full of joy and happiness, while some were dark and hopefully would remain in the shadows of my mind where I had learned to keep the majority of those horrible thoughts. Tangled blonde strands smacked against my painted hips while I attempted to calm my nerves before someone showed up to question my sudden reappearance. For a few moments it seemed my only company would be the strangely marked avian that had found a perch in a nearly barren tree as my call was sent into the lands. Orchid eyes watched the bird, it's white marked face and golden eyes weren't helping the unease I felt any. A snort escaped through rouge marked paper thins before the sound of someone approaching distracted me from the bird.
It didn't take long for me to catch sight of the bay tobaino and his hellhound, a smile tugged at the corners of my rosy kissers while the duo made their way over to where I stood. The bay, Aaron, was one of the few that I spoke to during Helovia's time in the rabbit tunnels. Since we resurfaced I hadn't had many interactions with him and his companion, Alanna, it always seemed like they were on some kind of mission and I knew better than to cause any disturbances. "Cheveyo, it's been a long time." His deep voice overpowered the sound of birds and insects as his pale muzzle reached out in a friendly greeting. Smiling I bobbed my own painted skull once in greeting before reaching out to brush my own muzzle against his, at least it seemed like there would be one set of open arms here to greet me back into the Edge. "Too long, Aaron. I hope all is well." As I spoke I pulled away from the stallion, orchid eyes trailing back to the barren tree where the demon patterned bird had been sitting wondering if it was still watching me. Had we developed a new strange kind of watch-dog to keep an eye on the gates? Or was I just more paranoid than I last remembered?

"Talk talk talk."
Tag;; @[Archibald]
Words;; 389
OOC;; just tag Aud and Emily after you post :3 I AM SO SORRY ITS SHORT
Table by Rayo
Image Credits

pixel bt Pash, it's also a clicky to my table/tracker

please tag Cheveyo!!