the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO]

Vikram Posts: 73
World's Edge Skilled Protector
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 19 hh :: 9 years Buff: NOVICE
Kachie
They gathered to her call, Qian and Foothills and Throat and Edge. Three groups linked by alliance against the fourth. Golden eyes studied the unicorns who accumulated amongst the forest's outskirts to stand against the gathered forces, pupils narrowed as he appraised them coldly. His ears tilted at the sound of familiar, feminine voices, dimly listening to the instructions shouted out. Distantly acknowledging them with only the slow sway of his tail. He hadn't a problem with lingering near his mate and the center of the the forward lines, but found it pointless to have these instructions given out now, last minute and before their opponents. He knew that the plans would only work until the moment passed from tension-wrought waiting into adrenaline-fueled battle. Then all would dissolve into smaller battles.

That moment came sooner than some would have been expecting, led by magic and its worker. Spears of ice lanced upward from the ground, one erupting between the towering steed and his dragon-formed Weyrleader. His ears swept back and he shouldered roughly into the ice, listening to it crackle beneath his weight. Another shot up on his other side, clipping his right wing hard enough to bruise but not enough to break. His leftward movement had allowed him to escape getting his wing speared, and he kicked out at that pinnacle of ice, ignoring the small pain. He could have melted either with a breath of flame, but found more satisfaction in listening to them break beneath the blows he delivered instead.

He was aware of the presence of three other pinnacles of towering ice, but was more focused on the unicorns that raced forward. Most surged past, for targets on either side of the center group, but one drove in toward Torasin, on the other side of Mirage. "Kiara!" His eyes latched on the red roan who stood behind and to his left. "Aid Torasin." His gaze softened only when it shifted to Mirage. "I go to aid the Foothills."

He had not missed the flux of unicorns that charged the small group there, including the FrostHeart. He surged away from the fractured ice that had risen around him, trusting the ebon mare turned golden dragon to fill in for him when so many of the Edge didn't even bother to attack there. Heavy trot shifted into rolling canter as he crossed before the Qian's front line and barreled after his foe. His eyes were for KORRA, and the antlered unicorn would only have the vibrating of the ground as warning before the DragonSon was towering over her with maw agape to display razor-sharp fangs, ready to bite down on the back of her neck as she moved to charge the young painted stud who faced off against the FrostHeart. Even if he didn't bite her successfully, the mare would be hard pressed to avoid Vikram's charge... and all of the weight behind the hybrid that towered easily over her.

[492 words]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Lucius - 09-20-2012, 08:11 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Giselle - 09-21-2012, 10:57 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Ricciardo - 09-21-2012, 11:59 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Korra - 09-21-2012, 05:04 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Vikram - 09-21-2012, 05:33 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Arabella - 09-21-2012, 07:39 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Ned - 09-21-2012, 10:12 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Lloyd - 09-22-2012, 09:21 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Jaydan - 09-23-2012, 02:18 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Monster - 09-23-2012, 11:40 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Aurelius - 09-23-2012, 11:56 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Cineviam - 09-23-2012, 05:39 PM