the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!

K R I the R E S O L U T E
it's not the petty imperfections that define us, but the way we hold our hearts.

As quickly as I exhale, the battle had started, yet I do not fall into the wave of assails. Instead, I make myself useful by shooting further in the sky, out of the reaches of blasted horns and mouths, and let my dark eyes watch the scene unfold. I watch with amusement as a pair of unicorns break off to attack a singular target, ganging up on them quickly. My sharp eyes watch each movement like a hawk, noting how one such pair heads toward Paladin, even as another such pair edges toward Aaron. My first instinct is to aid the younger stallion, yet I can easily see my allies moving in to help.

Shoving down the distaste in my throat for helping such a self-righteous bastard, I tilt my wings and push hard in the direction of PALADIN, for he is my ally and brethren here on the battle field. The first mare, GISELLE, abruptly calls out her target's name, which I find to be little but child's play in distraction. I do not bother with her body, but aim to collide instead with the side of the other mare sneaking her way toward the leader of the Foothills, a malicious look in her eyes. My large brown feathers tilt in the air, catching a nice stream downward. I plunge my front legs forward, extended like blunt knives, as I aim for the midsection of PSYCHE.

With any luck, I would beat her in speed, knock into her barrel upon the left side. The speed which carries me through the air would likely lead to a puncturing of her skin, but even if my hooves were to graze, they would hopefully knock her off balance in her mid-stride charge, allowing Paladin to deal with the bitch who would have his attention. As I meet the cross of PSYCHE's back, I stretch out my neck and snap with open jaws toward her neck, hoping to tear out some flesh, and at the very least some mane. The pain would distract her, and I could easily fly away with no worries of Paladin getting hurt. I found myself marveling that it was odd - my want to protect another who I did not care for, but within the din of battle, our heartbeats were the same. We were allies. We were kin. I would protect him at all costs.

Judging by the fact that best case scenarios never played out, I was expecting this invasion to cost me dearly.

[ WC: 418; Round Two; 0/2 Magic uses; ]
Venomxbaby, EveLivesey, humblebeez and ali00p

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Lucius - 09-20-2012, 08:11 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Giselle - 09-21-2012, 10:57 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Ricciardo - 09-21-2012, 11:59 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Korra - 09-21-2012, 05:04 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Kri - 09-21-2012, 07:22 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Arabella - 09-21-2012, 07:39 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Ned - 09-21-2012, 10:12 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Lloyd - 09-22-2012, 09:21 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Jaydan - 09-23-2012, 02:18 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Monster - 09-23-2012, 11:40 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Aurelius - 09-23-2012, 11:56 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Cineviam - 09-23-2012, 05:39 PM