the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO]

Leander the LionHeart Posts: 184
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 8
Epona

Suddenly, the silence of waiting ended. The battle crashed into life. Great spears of ice tore out of the ground by the dark leader of the Qian, a dark magic from their enemy. Leander lifted into the air, not wanting to wait around for the spikes to strike up again. He scanned the fray briefly as he ascended, bronze eyes finding a sight he wished they hadn't. The image would be branded into his mind; the sight of Faelene rushing into war. For a moment, all he could do was stare breathless. She was a part of the Edge? In their meeting in the Arch, she had not mentioned what herd she hailed from. A faint, sorrowful call emanated from his throat, but was lost in the chaotic noise below. He wanted to stop her, to turn her around, tell her to run. But it would be useless. She was fighting for her home. Silently, he pulled his eyes off of her midnight form. Gods protect her. Frustration, utter anger filled his sooty chest as he found his target.

The ivory Ice King was charging straight for a younger draft. The young paint was also being aimed for by a shaggy antlered mare. Some of his fellow allies were heading for the mare, but the Edge King was left uncovered. Mahogany wings tilted, sending Leander down towards MAUJA. He came out of the sky slightly behind the monarch, wanting to avoid the brute's damned horn at all cost. He tensed his brawny form, aiming to slam his shoulder into Mauja's side, hard. If the hit connected, it would likely take the King off guard, since he was already dealing with Aaron. The weight of Leander's shoulder would be heavy, especially with the reinforced speed of his descent. It might also send Leander to the ground if he hit the Frostheart full on. But the winged palomino wouldn't mind landing hard if it meant he'd hurt the white beast. Why would Faelene follow such a monster? Fury burned within him as he poised the attack. Take out the leader, the foundation, and the rest would likely fall to pieces.

(word count: 362)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Lucius - 09-20-2012, 08:11 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Giselle - 09-21-2012, 10:57 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Ricciardo - 09-21-2012, 11:59 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Korra - 09-21-2012, 05:04 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Arabella - 09-21-2012, 07:39 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Leander - 09-21-2012, 08:28 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Ned - 09-21-2012, 10:12 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Lloyd - 09-22-2012, 09:21 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Jaydan - 09-23-2012, 02:18 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Monster - 09-23-2012, 11:40 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Aurelius - 09-23-2012, 11:56 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Cineviam - 09-23-2012, 05:39 PM