the Rift

Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO]

Tares Posts: 74
Deceased
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.3 hh :: 38 months
Alex

In a flash the battle begins and I realize that I truly am not ready for this. Aure is nowhere to be seen and I am guiltily thankful that her life will be spared. Had she come to her senses and chosen not to fight?

Or could I simply not find her in the wave of blood?

I turn away from such a thought. A mare is heading towards me at breakneak speed, perhaps unaware of my own. As she heads towards me I swerve, cleanly avoiding her charge, and allow my wings to unfurl as I pass her on the right. With any luck my wing will scorch FAELENE. I am unable to avoid her entirely, however; a taste of the pain as her deadly horn nicks my left flank. But the pain is nothing. Not in comparison to the shock and the subsequent fear.

I am reminded instantly of everything that had once haunted me when I see DESCARO headed towards me. I wonder if he remembers me the way I do him. I know more about him than he would like, I am sure. Even as she beat me Iris told me her secrets. Does he see himself as a sect killer any longer, or has he put it past him? Am I the only one that truly remembers the suffering they caused? Each painful memory rushes through me, and I find myself tripping as I run, far from Faelene and skirting the mass of writhing bodies. I have veered off to the right of the field, but I can still feel his breath upon me.

When the force arrives, I shatter. DESCARO hits me squarely in the side, pushing me down from my right and still sending waves of terror through me as the base of his crystalline horn brushes against my neck. My wings are perhaps my only defense, but even as they spark and expand like a wildfire, I fear him. I find myself hitting the cold and unfamiliar earth, and his words strike me with more power than any attack.

"Let's finish her quickly, Faelene!"

I am somehow inspired to defy them. I must go on, even if it is only to live past this. When I force myself to rise, it is slowly, likely too slowly to do any damage. I buck out at DESCARO'S flank uselessly, the force behind my kick nothing compared to his, now that I have suffered such a blow. It is only when Arbutus flies down with claws aimed at DESCARO'S neck and the fire of his flames reflects in his eyes that I ever realize he was gone.

[443]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Lucius - 09-20-2012, 08:11 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Giselle - 09-21-2012, 10:57 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Ricciardo - 09-21-2012, 11:59 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Korra - 09-21-2012, 05:04 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Arabella - 09-21-2012, 07:39 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Ned - 09-21-2012, 10:12 PM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Lloyd - 09-22-2012, 09:21 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Tares - 09-22-2012, 09:28 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Jaydan - 09-23-2012, 02:18 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Monster - 09-23-2012, 11:40 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Aurelius - 09-23-2012, 11:56 AM
RE: Bring me to Life [Invasion - ROUND TWO] - by Cineviam - 09-23-2012, 05:39 PM